How apt would you be to change? Ha! pun intended!!

I would. People don't give a damn about change now because of the perception that it has no value. It's only a couple of cents. Throw some one and two dollar coins in there and that will change quickly. When I was stationed in Germany, I'd drop my change in a jar and let it accumulate. It wasn't too long before I'd have 40-50 euros and could go have a night out wih nothing but my change.

As for the strip club comment, it's a non-factor. In fact I think it would actually work out in the clubs favor. They'd just print their own funny money like they do in Europe, only good in the club. Originally Posted by enderwiggin
This statement is partially correct.
Since we started zinc loading pennies, quarters, dimes (everything common EXCEPT the Nickel) the metal value has gone down.

I can see advantages to going to a paperless monetary world but EVERY store/vendor etc... would have to have the technology to accept a "Cash card" and guess what.... power goes out? can't sell anything...

coin money has its uses.. I do not carry a pocket full since its a pain, but I do try to carry some... the rest goes into a nice bit container.. when its full I take it to the bank and they buy it back at its face value..

and if we went to a paperless monetary system and you had to have a cash card, that means some where your info would be registered for buying a cash card, and no matter how many you chain off from there.. it can be in theory traced back to you.. Cash has no memory
It is my understanding that is the plan....

House Subcommittee Hearing discusses phasing out the Dollar Bill in favor of Dollar Coins
by COLONEL on NOVEMBER 30, 2012

“Congressional auditors say doing away with dollar bills entirely and replacing them with dollar coins COULD save taxpayers some $4.4 billion over… 30 years. Originally Posted by Abigail (Source of JOY)
"They" say it COULD save us $4.4 billion over 30 years. Whooo piee. That is only $146 million a year. When you have a country making trillions of dollars a YEAR that is not where they need to start cutting and saving. Plus how much did they spend on committees and out of town trips to discuss this.

Waste of time and MONEY TO DISSCUSS this topic, but that's our government for us.

Does anyone remember the coin dollar that was ALMOST the same size as a quarter. Who was the genius of that. Just couldn't believe a government would not THINK that through. But that's ours. We still Love the good ole USA.
Wouldn't change the stripper industry at all. Originally Posted by looking2havefun
I have to disagree. A guy trying to, "make it rain," would end up dropping a hail storm on the dancers