It is now legal in Texas....

• CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 06:56 AM
youre right about that .. without me seeing you,cutting my throat ear to ear from behind is a definite win for a knife ... BUT attacking me from the front at any distance may produce some pretty serious arm wounds ... before I inflict some pretty serious exit wounds in my attacker ... when it boils down to living or dying most everyone is capable of doing whatever is necessary to live... especially if said person is armed with a superior weapon
youre right about that .. without me seeing you,cutting my throat ear to ear from behind is a definite win for a knife ... BUT attacking me from the front at any distance may produce some pretty serious arm wounds ... before I inflict some pretty serious exit wounds in my attacker ... when it boils down to living or dying most everyone is capable of doing whatever is necessary to live... especially if said person is armed with a superior weapon Originally Posted by CJ7
... huffing and puffing again, I see.

Nintendo developed a misguided overestimation in a mind set of the players ...

...of the players' ability to withstand an opponent's assault.

Hopefully you will exercise some common sense and try to avoid a confrontation.

Otherwise your cape might slow your response time.

Which is a nice lead in to the OP.
  • CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Ive been shooting pistols since I was 6 years old

Ive also crossed the border with a firearm and ammunition ..

go play Nintendo

G'day
Ive been shooting pistols since I was 6 years old

Ive also crossed the border with a firearm and ammunition ..

go play Nintendo

G'day Originally Posted by CJ7
Well with that being said you must be dam good. With all that bragging you must be as good as this guy, maybe better. Well are ya?

http://youtu.be/hkCqSHwhKVg
  • CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
that's good?

hint

that's a movie

not bragging in the least, that's how long Ive been shooting pistols, believe it or not, I could care less.

one way to tell... you bring a switchblade
that's good?

hint

that's a movie

not bragging in the least, that's how long Ive been shooting pistols, believe it or not, I could care less.

one way to tell... you bring a switchblade Originally Posted by CJ7
The Indiana Jones Clip you posted is a movie too. Hint, no one is going to stand 20ft away from you swinging a blade just so you can execute some basic marksmanship skills to defeat him.
  • CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 01:53 PM
The Indiana Jones Clip you posted is a movie too. Hint, no one is going to stand 20ft away from you swinging a blade just so you can execute some basic marksmanship skills to defeat him. Originally Posted by acp5762
sure it was .. just an example of knife gun scenario

shooting a shot glass out of some guys hand? not so much
Ive been shooting pistols since I was 6 years old Originally Posted by CJ7
Those must be some pretty banged up pistols by now if you hit them. I prefer to "fire" my pistols at the range or my buddy's ranch. Just sayin'

Ive also crossed the border with a firearm and ammunition .. Originally Posted by CJ7
What kind of a screwed up hybrid did that produce?

I prefer to do my (so far imaginary) killin' from longer range. I like my katana blade concealed in a walking stick and if confronted would lop off a head or two. One shouldn't bring a knife to a sword fight LOL, and the incautious pistolero unfortunate to try to rob me on the walking trial may lose the pistol hand (in one swift motion) or his head (a little drastic and likely to invoke more legal complications that I would like).

FYI, trained police officers and FBI who qualify and practice hit their targets less than 30% of the time when they get in an actual gun fight so with all the tough talk from people who mostly aren't trained like LE and likely don't practice near as much, I think the odds are quite a bit slimmer (though you all probably have a pretty good chance of hitting or even killing an innocent bystander in a lot of cases). You don't hear of knife wielders stabbing the wrong person too often so there IS that to consider. YMMV

Ideally, if someone had to die it would be from well over 100yds away with my scoped 30/30 (yeah, I know relatively wimpy, but my .308 needs some work and upgrades and the 30.06 is loaned out) if I had my druthers. Silenced would be nice too and I have a friend with a silencer business, but haven't acquired one yet. OTOH, I've generally been able to avoid or talk my way out of all confrontations up until this point in my life and don't see how that is likely not to continue. Just sayin'

• CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Those must be some pretty banged up pistols by now if you hit them. I prefer to "fire" my pistols at the range or my buddy's ranch. Just sayin'

I prefer to do my (so far imaginary) killin' from longer range. I like my katana blade concealed in a walking stick and if confronted would lop off a head or two, but ideally, if someone had to die it would be from well over 100yds away with a scoped rifle if I had my druthers. I've been able to avoid or talk my way out of all confrontations up until this point in my life and don't see how that is likely not to continue. Just sayin'

Originally Posted by austxjr

I wish I had the pistols I grew up shooting .. I own some collectable pieces over 50 years old that look brand new ... borderline mint last time they were appraised
The Indiana Jones Clip you posted is a movie too. Hint, no one is going to stand 20ft away from you swinging a blade just so you can execute some basic marksmanship skills to defeat him. Originally Posted by acp5762
Yeah, that is why I like my katana blade in the walking stick. It adds the element of surprise. No one suspects it and if they are within 10ft a killing or disarming (literally) blow with one swift motion is easy peazy. Only take it out when walking at night ostensibly alone where I might be confronted.
  • CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 02:23 PM

lol

match grade taco, what else
I wish I had the pistols I grew up shooting .. I own some collectable pieces over 50 years old that look brand new ... borderline mint last time they were appraised Originally Posted by CJ7
Yeah, I was just giggin' ya. I had this vision of you firing at your pistols for some stupid reason. I have my father's 1917 S&W .38 5" barrel service revolver, but the one that might really be worth something is his uncle's 1896 Colt .38 6" barrel service revolver. When I was teaching in Europe the students would often ask me whether I had "six guns" and I'd truthfully say, yep, I'm a Texas with two six guns LOL Their eyes would usually bug out (then they'd ask if I had a horse or an oil well....wish I did).
match grade taco, what else Originally Posted by CJ7
Touche' Good one! LMAO
  • CJ7
  • 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I was just giggin' ya. I had this vision of you firing at your pistols for some stupid reason. I have my father's 1917 S&W .38 5" barrel service revolver, but the one that might really be worth something is his uncle's 1896 Colt .38 6" barrel service revolver. When I was teaching in Europe the students would often ask me whether I had "six guns" and I'd truthfully say, yep, I'm a Texas with two six guns LOL Their eyes would usually bug out (then they'd ask if I had a horse or an oil well....wish I did). Originally Posted by austxjr
I personally know where an all original Colt .45 1899 SSA is hiding right now, appraised at 6500-7000 $$
Ive been shooting pistols since I was 6 years old... Originally Posted by CJ7
And your point is ....?

And you add to that vast experience ... you cross a border with one ... plus rounds!!!

Look out you knife carrying wimps ... here comes "the man"!

You shoot your mouth off a lot more than you shoot any pistols .... !