"Ma'am, check-in is not until 3pm"

Pay for more nights to cover the appointment requested. Go above and beyond and hope that he didn't cancel on you. Originally Posted by Feisty Kat
So I should book a two night stay at a hotel just for a 1 hour roll in the bed?
That is a good suggestion and then ask for a late checkout. Still presents a problem for those pesky noonish to 3pm appointments.

I think the hotels that are most strict when it comes to early check ins are actually the higher end hotels. I remember one time wanting to check in at an Embassy Suites. Check in was 3pm. I arrived at the desk at 2:59 and couldn't check in. Actually, I was told to come back in 30 minutes b/c the room was not ready. I think some of the high end places have a very structured cleaning process.

I've noticed that your low end 2 to 2 1/2 star places (Comfort Inn, Days Inn, etc) are much more flexible with requests or even walk ups. Unless there is something big in town, these places are never at capacity and have spare rooms all the time. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
I could imagine high end 3+ star hotels doing this, but the hotel in question is a 2 star at best. The lady was unprofessional as she was talking to people loudly in the background while I was trying to ask her questions on the phone. I could only imagine what would have happened in person.

Plus their automated voice service was recorded by someone that either couldn't read or was very nervous. I think I dodge a bullet with this one.
I call her to see if they had a room available. Then she went on about how I cannot check in early. Sweet talking her was out of the question Originally Posted by MaryBeth
Sorry for that! I had some incidents like that when I first got started.
So I should book a two night stay at a hotel just for a 1 hour roll in the bed? Originally Posted by MaryBeth
Personally, I wouldn't. That is why I set my days that I'm working and I don't do 24/7. As fun as the hobby can be, this is my job and I want to make a profit.
Slip whom ever checks you in a 20.00 bill. Its amazing how fast you get a room. I had a 3 PM check in and I checked in at 830 AM.
I might have to start bribing people to get early check in unless I can get away with going to hotels run by people who can't speak English
Why all the fuss, there is always another hotel across the street that will be willing to accommodate you.
I call her to see if they had a room available. Then she went on about how I cannot check in early. Sweet talking her was out of the question Originally Posted by MaryBeth
Use a different hotel. There are plenty two star hotels (clean but dated) who don't care. The three and four stars are more rigid.

Check with the ladies in the Infoshare forum and they may share a few suggested hotels with you.

Huck
So I should book a two night stay at a hotel just for a 1 hour roll in the bed? Originally Posted by MaryBeth
That's why you try to book at least two appts..even if you have to offer a special to a regular to help cover the cost

some Laquintas will let you check in at 11am.....call around to several hotels and ask if they can accommodate you earlier
I might have to start bribing people to get early check in unless I can get away with going to hotels run by people who can't speak English Originally Posted by MaryBeth
Find a hotel with a male front desk manager/clerk then....
Use your charms (o) (o) as bribery
Why all the fuss, there is always another hotel across the street that will be willing to accommodate you. Originally Posted by grayturner
Amen to that!
I have been lucky so far with the check in times but they seem to be getting more and more picky. I always tell them I'll take any room available regardless of what the reservation said.
Why all the fuss, there is always another hotel across the street that will be willing to accommodate you. Originally Posted by grayturner
I said about 10 posts back that I already found a hotel, then I repeated it. Where do you see someone fussing?
Page 1, Post 6 for all of you page two-ers that missed it

I did find another hotel that allows early check in if the room I want is available. So far my guys yesterday didn't complain (to me anyway). Plus it's right by the interstate for quick get away
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...60&postcount=6
Find a hotel with a male front desk manager/clerk then....
Use your charms (o) (o) as bribery Originally Posted by stickitinyou
My "charms" get me out of a lot of trouble haha