ACA website and servers by contractors used outdated technology

• CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM
You're fucked, Girlyturd. You just don't accept it. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

so is shitbreath... heshe loves it
Note to IB whatever it is . . .ever heard of Microsoft? That screwed your argument completely.
Note to IB whatever it is . . .ever heard of Microsoft? That screwed your argument completely. Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
Check your history, MoonHowler, Microsoft put a lot of other companies out of business. Scribble that on your "note".
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Note to IB whatever it is . . .ever heard of Microsoft? That screwed your argument completely. Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
and ebay, and paypal, and google chrome, and the list goes on and on

if there's ONE high capacity website that hit the ground running full swing, experienced
no glitches or issues I'd personally like to know all about it.

Again, we all know that funding has been blocked for this, so the people running the IT departments trying to handle this, have only what is given to them. If you get crap equipment there is very little you can do as IT to fix it aside from just doing the best you can where you can with what you have. Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp

So, it's the Republicans fault that the Obamacare website rollout was a clusterfuck? What a load of crap! In post #6, you weren't so sure about that when you said, "Could it be that the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing...I really don't know". But now you are saying "we all know that funding has been blocked for this". You had it right the first time when you said, "I really don't know".

In the private sector, someone's head would have rolled for this fuck up but not in the Obama administration. It's just par for the course.
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 03:57 PM
So, it's the Republicans fault that the Obamacare website rollout was a clusterfuck? What a load of crap! In post #6, you weren't so sure about that when you said, "Could it be that the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing...I really don't know". But now you are saying "we all know that funding has been blocked for this". You had it right the first time when you said, "I really don't know".

In the private sector, someone's head would have rolled for this fuck up but not in the Obama administration. It's just par for the course. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53

right now, today .. If you have IE10, open google maps, select earth .. it doesn't, and wont work

not a single head has rolled.
Could it be that because the Republicans were blocking any funding for this whole thing that impacted the quality of people putting it together or the type of equipment needed to get it up and running? I really don't know. Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
No, the GOP did not block anything.

If they had, you would have heard the Democrats screaming that from the rooftops many months ago.

The government has shitloads of money and could easily have used the finest servers around. The cost of hardware is small compared to the cost of design and coding. The contractor salaries are the big ticket items.

The government does not seem to have any technical problems gathering and storing shitloads of data related to our phone calls and e-mails. The ACA folks could have borrowed some servers from the NSA.

They have had about three years to put a web portal together. An that they had a huge amount of money and lot of people to do it with.

The problem is that this was an unworkable Rube Goldberg device from the word "Go". If we had gone with single-payer, they probably could have gotten it done. But trying to tie together all of those insurance planes and determining all of the income qualifications of all the enrollees was nearly impossible.
Heck of a job, Selebius!

Most of you idiots have little inside experience with critical, customer facing, enterprise wide, multi-organization, secured IT systems. I do and know the issues around the design, development and implementation of them. Some pieces of this system likely didn't make it past integration testing, much less any type of load testing.

That said, I can only imagine the problems of dealing with changing govt regs, security issues, coordination with multiple teams and myriad of implementation issues with multiple environments including development/testing environments. That said, over $400 million buys you a lot of servers, programmers and comm resources (and senators).

The major clue was the security question drop downs not populating.
right now, today .. If you have IE10, open google maps, select earth .. it doesn't, and wont work

not a single head has rolled. Originally Posted by CJ7

I don't have IE 10, so I will take your word for it. And if Microsoft has not held any one responsible, then that's on Microsoft. I do know that the Windows has all kinds of security issues, as opposed to Firefox for example, that have to constantly be addressed thru patches and security upgrades.

The Obama administration has had over 3 years to get the Obamacare website up and running properly. And we still don't know for sure what the total cost of the website was. Even if it was "only" about $100 million, the taxpayers got fleeced. And again, no one in the Obama administration has been held responsible. And you seem to be ok with that. No surprise there. But hey, at least, you are not trying to blame the Republicans for this, like your buddy Stanley Dupped is.
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't have IE 10, so I will take your word for it. And if Microsoft has not held any one responsible, then that's on Microsoft. I do know that the Windows has all kinds of security issues, as opposed to Firefox for example, that have to constantly be addressed thru patches and security upgrades.

The Obama administration has had over 3 years to get the Obamacare website up and running properly. And we still don't know for sure what the total cost of the website was. Even if it was "only" about $100 million, the taxpayers got fleeced. And again, no one in the Obama administration has been held responsible. And you seem to be ok with that. No surprise there. But hey, at least, you are not trying to blame the Republicans for this, like your buddy Stanley Dupped is. Originally Posted by NiceGuy53

why would anyone in the Obama administration suffer because of the consequences of a government contract ? Did "you know who get impeached", or any member of his admin get the ax when Halliburton fleeced taxpayers for over $100 million bucks? ... no Halliburton took the hit in Their wallet when they got busted.
why would anyone in the Obama administration suffer because of the consequences of a government contract ? Did "you know who get impeached", or any member of his admin get the ax when Halliburton fleeced taxpayers for over $100 million bucks? ... no Halliburton took the hit in Their wallet when they got busted. Originally Posted by CJ7

Just like I thought. You have no problem with anybody in the Obama administration ever being not held accountable. You are the comsummate Obamatron!
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Just like I thought. You have no problem with anybody in the Obama administration ever being not held accountable. You are the comsummate Obamatron! Originally Posted by NiceGuy53

just like I thought, you're too stupid to understand government contracts ... you are the quintessential rifghwinger
To be more correct, Microsoft's failure and errors in products have spawned far more technology companies than they ever "beat" . . . damn little pesky facts.
just like I thought, you're too stupid to understand government contracts ... you are the quintessential rifghwinger Originally Posted by CJ7
Like the way you always mimic my response when you got nothing else.

Don't know what a "rifghwinger" is, but I am a proud conservative. And I don't try to claim that I am a "registered independent" in a state that has open primaries when it is obvious, even to a blind man, that just the opposite is true.
  • CJ7
  • 10-17-2013, 05:23 PM
To be more correct, Microsoft's failure and errors in products have spawned far more technology companies than they ever "beat" . . . damn little pesky facts. Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer

they have a fix ... pay 35$ and talk to FRED in india, and get nothing in return