Enough is Enough

The Prophet is right about WU; Licketyslit - great handle, BTW - is right about the "enablers". Why do the enablers so predictably rise to take the bait? Because, as Calvera (see below) knows, it's the natural order of things.

I operate on the assumption that WU enjoys getting folks - especially slow-witted ones - all worked-up over nothing. It's not the noblest of pursuits, but he's pretty good at it, and a SHMB is an ideal venue for his form of amusement. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Fine. If that's how he gets his jollies. Nothing anyone can do about it except ignore him. Unless you have a better idea?

There is someone on here who keeps harassing him and pointing out what a douche he is. I notice that WU stopped replying to his posts. Maybe that works.

Being ignored will certainly make it less fun. Originally Posted by Licketyslit
Wakeup got the response he was looking for from said fucktard........once you have a horse in the harness, you let him run.
All kidding aside for a moment to adabear, lickity and anyone else jumping on the bandwagon to nowhere......there is only one effective way to deal with Wakeup's posts. You remove their sting by not becoming offended, irritated, upset (or whatever it is you call your whining) or angry.

When he calls hooktards "whores", accept that he considers them whores without developing an attitude about it.

When he calls fat hooktards "fat whores", agree the fat hooktard is fat without calling her a "whore".

When he calls you a pussy (and he will) for attempting to modify his board behavior, accept the extra 500 hits he brings to the thread as the gift that keeps on giving that he is.

or not as you wish. Originally Posted by dearhunter
In other words, what you're saying is ... just ignore his posts, don't respond to them, and don't get upset by them. Novel idea.
Why do the enablers so predictably rise to take the bait? Because, as Calvera (see below) knows, it's the natural order of things. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Thx.

If God didn't want them sheared, He would not have made them sheep. ~ Calvera (The Magnificent Seven)

That says it all. Wolves will be wolves, sheep will be sheep. It's their nature.
That says it all. Wolves will be wolves, sheep will be sheep. It's their nature. Originally Posted by Licketyslit
Well, sure. But wolves don't lurk on message boards.
Just dogs , they're a little less elite , but have the same DNA .
So you would argue Nature vs. Nurture?
If God didn't want them sheared, He would not have made them sheep. ~ Calvera (The Magnificent Seven)

That says it all. Wolves will be wolves, sheep will be sheep. It's their nature. Originally Posted by Licketyslit
Of course, the sheep would prefer that the wolves give up eating meat, but that could upset the balance of nature.
^^^^ Great analogy !

So you would argue Nature vs. Nurture? Originally Posted by JohnnyYanks
Definitely nature .
Of course, the sheep would prefer that the wolves give up eating meat, but that could upset the balance of nature. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
There is someone on here who keeps harassing him and pointing out what a douche he is. I notice that WU stopped replying to his posts. Maybe that works. Originally Posted by Licketyslit
:facepalm:
In other words, what you're saying is ... just ignore his posts, don't respond to them, and don't get upset by them. Novel idea. Originally Posted by Licketyslit
No....that is what you are saying......I am saying something very different
Kinda funny how it seems WU keeps being mentioned. While he has his rude moments, in fairness, he also is one of the few that will call people out when breaking rules of the board. He does not care is they are newbies, veterans, or mods. While I would love to see him be nicer, I must give credit where credit is due.

As for the rest (nature vs. nurture, wolves and dogs, etc.), there is one common element. It is how we react to how people post. Based on what I was saying, I would recommend not getting upset. Simply posting in the nicest way possible that what they are saying is rude and uncalled for in addition to being against rule number ____ (fill in the blank). If you are unable to respond nicely, wait and post when you can post in that regard.

If you decide to take the high road, you have to do it all the time. Otherwise, it will be pointed out and it is a much bigger a fall. Consistency is key in trying to make a change.
If you decide to take the high road, you have to do it all the time. Otherwise, it will be pointed out and it is a much bigger a fall. Consistency is key in trying to make a change. Originally Posted by Adabear
Fuck that........I'm switching sides
we will miss you dearhunter. Though I think you could do it if you really wanted to.
Fuck that........I'm switching sides Originally Posted by dearhunter
Im sorry but had to laugh at your comment..