NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Ahh, the glory days of Troy (Great pic of three great alumni here in exile with me!):

Fight on For Old 'SC
Our Men Fight On To Victory
Our Alma Mater Dear Looks Up To You
Fight On and Win For USC
Fight On To Victory
Fight On

The USC Tweet from Cushing:
Originally Posted by Catalyst411
I'm not writing us off yet. I haven't seen him play in over a year. Maybe something has clicked since then. I'm praying something has clicked since then. Oh gawd.

If other folks focus their defensive in on the run, we could be screwed if he hasn't figured out how to play in the pros yet.
I'm not writing us off yet. I haven't seen him play in over a year. Maybe something has clicked since then. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
When I woke up this morning the first thing I thought of was we could still have Dan Orlovsky as Schaub's back up. YIKES!!!!!

I am willing to give Leinert the benefit of the doubt. He was obviously a very gifted college qb but thus far has never found his mojo in the pros. Based upon his talent level he could be quite good. Hopefully he now has the age, maturity and determination to take his game to the next level. After all, he certainly would not be the NFL's first late bloomer.

One thing Leinert has going for him is the fact the Kubes is an excellent qb coach. IMHO, Kubes took a better than average college qb (Schaub) and helped mold him into a much better than average, upper 2nd tier professional qb. In and of itself, that was quite an accomplishment. If he can do the same with Leinert, the sky's the limit. The best we can hope for is for the Texans to enter the 2012 season with a legitimate quarterback controversy. The only way that will occur is for Leinert to play very well! Who knows, that could result in a trade for a high draft pick. And that's a good thing! Stranger things have happened.

We can't cry over spilled milk, injuries are part of the game. We must move on and finish out the season! Hopefully, we will still make the playoffs and perhaps win a playoff game or two along the way.
I'm not writing us off yet. I haven't seen him play in over a year. Maybe something has clicked since then. I'm praying something has clicked since then. Oh gawd.

If other folks focus their defensive in on the run, we could be screwed if he hasn't figured out how to play in the pros yet. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
My thoughts exactly... As for as opposing team boxing up on us, I don't think any team would play in man coverage vs. Dre all game... It doesn't matter if Foster throws him the ball, he will still catch a few.... Wait a minute can Foster throw?? Wildcat?? ahhhh nevermind.... We will probably keep runnin playaction and disguising our run/pass plays... Will look weird though as Leinart is left handed... WTF?? I'm still in shock!... BTW: Dopey is tuff!,,, But tuff enough to play 1/2 the game with bones crunching around in his foot? I'm starting to wonder if its a sprain or mild ligament damage there (3-6weeks).. But fracture??? as being reported, would be like (4-6months)? I thought this guy, Adam Schefter, was pretty a reliable reporter.. Think he's got it wrong?? Will this be Schaub's foot?

• 11-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Bigtex, now that's the spirit I wanna hear....
  • Trey
  • 11-15-2011, 07:53 AM
I think he will be ok he has enough time to prep with the bye. With the kittens up next he should win and get his mojo working. I'm trying to be up beat about it maybe we will luck out and he will be better then our starter.

I'm mixing vodka in my kool aid now.
Bigtex, now that's the spirit I wanna hear.... Originally Posted by Satin
At least we were able to enjoy 24 hours of Super Bowl aspirations!
+1 fellas, the knot in my stomach is starting to untie itself.

As much as i HATE to say it, I guess if it was going to happen, it couldn't have come at a better time: 7-3, #1 Defense, Hustle and Flow, 2 weeks to prepare, Jags suck and hopefully will get the lead out of Leinart! Next BIG game, ATL this will be the next test. Win the nxt 3 (Bengals) = SB aspirations again!! 10-3 But rest Dre the last game against the Titans... Don't want him to hurt those gifted hands going into playoffs...
I know its Leinert and Cush in the photo, who is the first guy? Thanks.

After thinking about this, I am not so worried. It's Leinerts time, he has the skill, he has the running game behind him, he has the easy schedule, he has the great D on his side and he has an offense that makes you look good. It's time for him to shine!! Come on Lienert show me what you got and take us to the Super Bowl!!

Unfortunatly he is alot like Schaub(I will refrain from his nickname cause I do like the guy) slow delivery, slow footed, and slow decision making. Monster energy drinks for everybody!! Come on Leinert, speed up and deliver for us all!!
I know its Leinert and Cush in the photo, who is the first guy? Thanks.

After thinking about this, I am not so worried. It's Leinerts time, he has the skill, he has the running game behind him, he has the easy schedule, he has the great D on his side and he has an offense that makes you look good. It's time for him to shine!! Come on Lienert show me what you got and take us to the Super Bowl!!

Unfortunatly he is alot like Schaub(I will refrain from his nickname cause I do like the guy) slow delivery, slow footed, and slow decision making. Monster energy drinks for everybody!! Come on Leinert, speed up and deliver for us all!! Originally Posted by Daddio
Monster drinks for everyone!!
1st dude on the left is Shaun Cody... Our nose tackle...They are all USC Alum.. Ever go to the TXN's site and watch "On the Nose?' The dudes funny as shit!

Useless knowledge: Cushing played LB along side Clay Matthews at USC.,,, Cushing and was actually drafted higher in the same '09 class (#15 overall) than his buddy Clay (#26 overall)... However, Clay's been gettin all the glory Cushing has been gettin all the shit.... I may be wrong but I think it contributes the chip on his shoulder.
And while Jacksonville shouldn't a complete push over at home, it's a good place for Leinart to get his feet wet. Also for him this is the big moment a back up waits his whole life for. Big college star, to a flop as a starter in the NFL, to bench warming backup, who can go to star or back to being a flop.

Maybe the 2 run system we have will remind of when he was back in college.
At the moment, Leinert is the best chance we have behind Schaub. Do I expect him to be as good? Nope, but he might be good enough to win at least 3 of our remaining games. If so, we should make the playoffs. Especially if one of those 3 wins comes against Bud's worthless Titans. We can worry about who the playoff opponent will be once we beat the Titans into submission!

TJ Yates is the third string QB. Some chatter that he's better than Leinert.
...I almost forgot!

It's Tuesday STAT DAY!!

SCHAUB: Passes Completed:17th(178) | Comp.%:13th(61.0) | Yds.: 10th(2,479) | TD: 9th(15) | Int: 9th(6) | QB Rate:6th(96.8)

Total Offence: 8th(396.2 yds/g) | Total Points: 4th(236) | Points/game: 5th(27.3) | Time of Pos/game: 1st(33:51) |TO: 2nd(+11)

Rushing: 3rd(158.1yds/game) 1,581 so far this season

Total defence: 1st(269.7yds/g)

W-L: 7-3

_________
  • Satin
  • 11-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Good shit Catman, I love it. The 2 that stands out the most for me are: we are first in TOP & second in TO's. That's fucking HUGE and critical to our success. It means Dopey is "managing" the game well and our running game is working and chewing up the clock......good work.......

BT, come on man, you're too up and down bro....you're scaring me. We're fine playa. Leinart is a tough, left handed Heisman winning QB. Sure, he fucks a lot of freaks in hot tubs but he's good enough to get us to the promise land. We have a great offensive line and a great running game. Remember, hand the ball off and throw check-down passes. Say that over and over a thousand times....

@Trey, good stuff man....Kool-aid and Grey Goose is the shit....keep drinking....

Come on Leinart, show these doubters what you made of......