Get your Nerd on! (And I'll form... the head!)

I hope that Abrams uses a little more real world shooting star wars and not so heavy on the cgi backgrounds and sets...it gave the last(first) new ones a totally different feel than the originals, that and when you put the new ones on a tv without a lot of black to give it depth it makes it look like a cheap video game. I tried to watch it on my brothers new 1500.00 hd smart tv and i could only stand about three minutes cause it looked so ridiculously fake. Luckily one thing Abrams is good at is action with a good storyline versus Micheal Bay who usually puts out passable things but the last two transformers made me not care for him any longer. And fuck yeah Han shot that rat bastard Greedo first.....and a big F U to Lucas for the blue-ray set where they made even more changes like the sound Obi-Wan made when he scared off the sand people.
Hah it'll be interesting that Abrams is doing both Star Wars and Star Trek. Finally, the two worlds can be melded into one!
Hmm, so we've been watching Justice League on Netflix and it sparked the following discussion:

Do you think a Batman + Wonder Woman baby (a la their budding relationship in the JL comics of the 90's/2000's and JL cartoon) would be more awesome than a Superman + Wonder Woman baby (say a la Kingdom Come)?

The Bruce/Diana baby would definitely be hotter and craftier, but the Clark/Diana baby would definitely be more raw powerful as well as a much better adjusted individual.

Ah the great questions of our times...
Larry Niven is one of my favorite authors...and THIS is the type of stuff they used to sit around Cons and talk about...scifi has changed...

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~avondale/e...manAndSex.html
Larry Niven is one of my favorite authors...and THIS is the type of stuff they used to sit around Cons and talk about...scifi has changed...

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~avondale/e...manAndSex.html Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Oh yeah that's some famous stuff. When you think about it, Superman can't really have sex with Lois without killing her. Assuming Kryptonian physiology is similar to human physiology, there's no way he can control how hard his ejaculate comes out - it'd be like setting off a shotgun inside of her. I'm pretty certain they have to use Kryptonite as a sex prop.

Wonder Woman makes sense for Superman to mate with since she's one of the few women who could conceivably survive having sex and carrying his child to term.
John Harrison.... REALLY?!

Why does Abram's always make the Enterprise look like a dingy next to the villain's ship?
Oh yeah that's some famous stuff. When you think about it, Superman can't really have sex with Lois without killing her. Assuming Kryptonian physiology is similar to human physiology, there's no way he can control how hard his ejaculate comes out - it'd be like setting off a shotgun inside of her. I'm pretty certain they have to use Kryptonite as a sex prop.

Wonder Woman makes sense for Superman to mate with since she's one of the few women who could conceivably survive having sex and carrying his child to term. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Damn I literally laughed out loud while reading this. Didn't see ejaculate killing her quote coming at all
Can't wait for the new Star trek this week, now to decide where to see it at...theater near me sucks.

do I hit wednesday night showing? IMAX 3d?...decisions decisions....

I also need a different excuse for my boss, don't think "the fate of the universe rest in my hands..." will work a second time
Damn I literally laughed out loud while reading this. Didn't see ejaculate killing her quote coming at all Originally Posted by Eccie Addict
You need to see Mallrats

Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Kingdom Come is one of my faves... That last jpg has me coming down with a case of the apocalyptic sads.
Why? I thought the ending was awesome!
Can't wait for the new Star trek this week, now to decide where to see it at...theater near me sucks.

do I hit wednesday night showing? IMAX 3d?...decisions decisions....

I also need a different excuse for my boss, don't think "the fate of the universe rest in my hands..." will work a second time Originally Posted by Raptorcg
Well I saw Ironman 3 at an Imax and it was kinda too much. almost overwhelming, I think I would have preferred just a normal 3d theater.
On a side note. It's not Iron Man that I am enamored with. It's Tony Stark. The conceit. The confidence. The "I'm never wrong cause I'm too smart." The ego. Plus he's smart enough to know he's got money. Attractive. Can get ass when he wants. What does Bruce do? Sit in a house with Herbert from Family Guy. Makes adolescent boys wear bright speedos. Tony Stark non hero over Bruce Wayne non hero all day. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
I'm not a comic book guy, but I agree with you on this one. Tony Start is the one alter ego who actually knows how to enjoy the power he's got. Bruce Wayne really needs to get his ass into therapy and clear his mind so he can start enjoying what being a billionaire is all about.

I think in a fight, Iron Man takes Batman out in no time. Brand me as a heretic, but Batman always seemed kinda wimpy for a superhero. He's a guy in a cape with a hot car.

On other topics:

Star Trek over Star Wars. Star Wars has too much woo-woo mysticism. Star Trek is about as well based in science as a mass market show can be, so there's a lot less "midichlorian" arm waving. Star Wars lost me completely when the Death Star got destroyed by a single tiny missile fired from a fighter. Great drama, dumb design.

Buffy was brilliant. Hot bad-ass chick, surrounded by other hot chicks who were bad assed to various degrees. Works for me. I liked Firefly a lot, and would love to have a session with Inara. (I get the feeling that she's actually TheCFE's great-great-great-great granddaughter.)