NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 09-02-2013, 12:57 AM
Well a week from today we will finally have some football...

The Texans have trimmed down their roster and looks good to go. If we can get Reed and Smith back healthy and on the field we should be fine for the opener. Antonio Smith will have to sit out but with the turnover-prone Phillip Rivers, we should be able to cause some turnovers.

In other news, it looks like the end of the road for Tebow. He was cut by Belicheck and I doubt anyone will pick him up. Also, Houston favorite Vince Young was cut by Green Bay. It seems slim he will get another chance in the NFL too, but he had a decent preseason so someone might pick him up as a backup. My how the mighty have fallen....I guess it's true when they say the NFL stands for "Not For Long".....
Leinart was cut as well. QB class for 06 not looking too good.

Finally watched the last preseason game yesterday. Dennis Johnson and Wood looked great. Too bad we couldn't see what our defense would look like at a 100% as Watt didn't really play (along with Reed).

I can see Tebow going to the Jags. Gator nation..
  • Satin
  • 09-04-2013, 06:45 AM
Well Ed Reed is back on the field practicing. From what I'm hearing he's gonna be ready for game 1.

Cush gets a new 6 year deal. That was a good move by Rick Smith. Let's just hope he's a beast on the field.

Hopkins cleared from his concussion scare and ready to go.
I am ready for some Cushing Pushing Now!!
You pay a dude coming off an acl tear should have waited a few games before doing that
  • Satin
  • 09-04-2013, 03:51 PM
The Texans don't negotiate contracts during the season bro...it's their policy. I'm not saying whether its right or wrong, but it's how they do business.
What are the predictions for the Texans season?

I believe they will go 10-6 and make the playoffs once again.

But unfortunately no Super Bowl again this year. <sniff, sniff>
Less Football talk & more F*ck-ing... at least until MNF WHOOOOOOP WHOOOOP
See FF thread....my bad LOL
Does anyone know which game will be shown on fox here at noon sunday ?
Looks like you can scratch the Raven off the list of contenders for this year. They have no WRs.
Torrey Smith ain't bad but there is NO ONE else for defenses to worry about in the passing game

No Boldin, no Pita...
Torrey Smith ain't bad but there is NO ONE else for defenses to worry about in the passing game

No Boldin, no Pita... Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Really can't tell the difference between the ravens and steelers offensive weapons.
Really can't tell the difference between the ravens and steelers offensive weapons. Originally Posted by Lincolnpark
keep-calm-cause-haters-gonna-hate-5.png

Now, kiss this ASS

pittsburgh_steelers___fan_support_colored_by_ibkaos-d65jhwa.jpg