NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Trey
  • 09-28-2013, 05:23 PM
They already lost 100 games and I think got number one pick for the third year in a row. Next year they got some new talent that should show up and we will be in the bottom half still but not dead last.

I said last year the texans would slide this year. I still think its a 500 year, at best wild card. Still I hope I'm wrong and something happens good. But with slob having the ball I just don't see it.
The 49ers look very beatable and so do the Rams. Note that the Seattle is a totally different team on the road. Originally Posted by BigLouie
They definitely aren't as strong without that stadium noise, but I think "totally different team" is an overstatement. They're still really good on the road.

I don't like our chances against Seattle.

I'm as partial to Case Keenum as the next UH grad, but Schaub gives us the best chance this year. Yates and Keenum still have too much to learn. If you want to build for next year or realistically the year after, go ahead and bench Schaub so one of those two can develop. If you want to go for it this year, you have to roll the dice with Schaub.

And hope he doesn't hang Andre out to dry.
What?!! You mean you don't give up, think the team sucks and the season is over after losing 1 game like most people do? lol I'm right there with ya bro.... Originally Posted by Satin
I said from the beginning that I did not feel the Texans would have as good of a record this year, as last. Yes, I would prefer they win each game but it is unreasonable to have those expectations. With that said, I don't think the Texans suck but some of their fair weather fans sure as hell do!
[B][QUOTE=Solemate62;[/B]

Seabirds by 10 or better! Sorry, guys! (:[/QUOTE

Well, I am gonna go ahead now....3rd quarter...... and eat crow - if not shit - over my prediction! Texans up 20-3 and barring a big meltdown, looks like a Win for your guys! kudos!
WOW!!!!

Dopey at his finest...but why are you THROWING on 3rd and 4 when the clock is your worst enemy????
Sorry ass Number 8. Why can't they see this man needs to be benched. He consistently Coady us the game when the defense keeps us in it. And the weak ass play calling shows their true confidence in the offense so called leader. bring on Yates
It's Groundhog Day!!!! I have seen this same fucking script over and over and over again!

Out Coached, out QBed, McNair how long do we have to watch this shit?????

We are closer to 0-4 than 2-2. Wake the fuck up McNair!!!!
  • Seedy
  • 09-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Daddio, man I was hoping you are still ok, figured your head would have exploded after this one.
If anyone did not realize this before they do now. Matt Schaub is just Steve de Berg all over again. Someone who will lose you close games. Lots of yards passing yes, but still loses games. Time to draft a replacement next year and NO our backups are good enough to replace Matt.
Lol seed I knew it was coming! I know you did too!!

What's the definition of insanity? You do the same thing over and over and over and expect a different outcome!!! Kubes is INSANE!!! McNair must be senile!!!
Tate Fucked up by putting the ball on the ground. And Schaub REALLY Fucked up by making that throw that pretty much cost us the game. I feel really bad for the team after that performance which had a lot of positives to take away.

We are in third place in the division at the moment. But it's still a long season, this was a terrible choke job, but there's still a bunch of games left to be played. We're not the type of team that will trade for a QB, so we'll just have to ride this out. Lets see how Schaub and the gang responds next week in SF.
What a tale of two halves. The first, Schaub looked great picking apart the best defense in the league. The second, we didn't score at all and let them walk out of our house with a victory.

I guess they made the halftime adjustments we didn't. Anyone suprised that Pete Carroll outcoached Gary Kubiak?
This is some BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

These muthafuckas will be 3-4 when the bye week comes. How the FUCK you blow a 17-point lead??

You're gonna LOSE to the 49ers in San Fran next week. You MIGHT get by the Rams but you AIN'T gonna beat the Chiefs. They whooped the Giants ass 31-7.

Hopefully Daddio hadn't jumped off a ledge yet. I KNOW he's pissed! Shit so am I!!

Super Bowl contenders??? Let's hope these muthafuckas GET IN the playoffs!! FUCK winning the division!
Two really bad plays caused self-inflicting wounds by our offense. One was however much more significant and will be more scrutinized (and rightfully so), but if we play like we did today next week, minus those two plays we made, I don't care where we're playing, Houston, San Fransico, Detroit, Russia, it doesn't matter, this will be a hard team for anyone to beat.

Our defense looked a whole heck of a lot better today, I'm expecting a slug fest next week. And y'all know Dopey is wanting to play this game more than anyone right now, when people are burning your jersey on the streets, you're going to make them want to regret it. And he's not going to SF on his own. Watt, Foster, Reed, Dre, hopefully Cushing, they all are going too.

I don't know if I'm sounding like too much of a homer, but I liked our effort for the most part, a lot more than what I saw in the first three games, this looked more like the team I remembered from last year.
Heh...we get up 20-3 at half and Kubiak starts thinking, "awesome, all we have to do now is run out the clock for...30 minutes"...

Next time, how about you try to win the game, instead of trying not to lose it...