Clesed Thread Repository

I'm looking for the post as we speak, to speak hypothetically of course, where one of our more esteemed members acknowledged that the protection of guesting is removed when the guesting is reversed. I can't recall who said it, I'll find it, but basically a fucktard comes back and it is no longer a security concern, its fair game for conversation, hypothetically. Unless, hypothetically, the kid just wants to lock threads and take the ball home to momma. Well, that part isn't hypothetical. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
This is as good a time as any to introduce another new guideline to you, although you may have figured it out already;

#31 - Often times in the hobby arena, members may display a tendency towards bringing their conflicts with other members to the board. This will be strongly discouraged and swift effort will be made to put it to rest. Additionally, staff will make every effort to stay uninvolved in conflicts and disputes between members off the board except in such cases where the board becomes directly affected.
And again, the entire list is located here
http://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
for those that would like to get a head start.
This is as good a time as any to introduce another new guideline to you, although you may have figured it out already. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Ha. Swift.

#22 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illicit drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.
Note: Staff will consider a request from the original poster to remove a thread/post they have made provided it was recently posted and not replied to. As a general rule, staff will not consider such requests once a thread or post has been visible for at least 4 hours or received 2 or more replies. In these cases, a request from the OP to lock the thread is more appropriate and will receive consideration.
And you posted that guideline...why?
And you posted that guideline...why? Originally Posted by Wakeup

LOL.....PM could not have posted that better. ....opps upon a lil reflection, thinck he just did!!!......
It's obvious why Chica posted the guideline he did...the question was to you.
Thaks CC !!!!!!!!!!!!

Review: Rosa BP

Can we get this thread stickied now that you are here????
It's obvious why Chica posted the guideline he did...the question was to you. Originally Posted by Wakeup
Both were equally obvious to me, in the wake of a recent thread closing. So thanks for pointing out you were asking me a question.
thanks for posting the list again cc,

on we go
Both were equally obvious to me, in the wake of a recent thread closing. So thanks for pointing out you were asking me a question. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
So you think guideline 22 has something to do with locking threads? Why is that?
Thaks CC !!!!!!!!!!!!

Review: Rosa BP

Can we get this thread stickied now that you are here???? Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
No
No Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
This guy is a Geenyus!!

Then Upstate to Upset?
We are nothing if not passionately relentless....

edit add: and thanck you for keeping the repository relevant if not stickied.
Thank your fellow members for that.
So you think guideline 22 has something to do with locking threads? Why is that? Originally Posted by Wakeup
Because it contains each of these words or phrases: "censoring", "remove a thread", and "lock the thread."
JC, locking threADs is a tricky thing. GL 22 only refers to it in regards to it being an option to an OP for a thread he recently started that has responses to it. GL 22 does not discuss the actions of modtards locking threADs for whatever reason they may deem necessary.

I can tell you how I view locked threADs. A locked thread is a modtard admitting that he is unable to do his job. There are rare occasions where that is not an indictment against a modtard.

Example: A thread starts about Hooktard A doing a NCNS in coed. The fucktard has his say.....the hooktard has her say.......half of the room sides with the hooktard......half of the room sides with the fucktard.......two pages into the conversation the posts crash into a name calling festival between 5 or 6 retards.

The modtard has a couple of options. He can start slinging points at the 5 or 6.......or.......he can assess the threAD for continued value in regards to the original intent (the NCNS) and decide that the original conversation has reached a natural conclusion.......and lock the thread with an admonition to the thread hijackers to please refrain from said behavior.

The minimum that a modtard should do in locking a threAD is post that he is the one locking the threAD (own it), and state in the threAD why he is locking the threAD.

Modtards who lock a lot of threADs can get called on it in modtardville.

To be clear, locking threads is a tool available to modtards to moderate their forums of the board. Doing so without reason is frowned upon.