Dallas Police Officer goes home to the wrong apartment, kills man inside !!

So does the 911 tape change anyone's minds? Originally Posted by grean
No, lol. This is what happens when we put undertrained officers on the street and give them guns and power. Even plumbing trade school takes way longer than the police academy.
double post
triple post
For real like once every 6 months or so , when i get home completely shagged out i put my key in the apt door a floor below mine.
However i never opened door or attacked / shot anyone in side
No, lol. This is what happens when we put undertrained officers on the street and give them guns and power. Even plumbing trade school takes way longer than the police academy. Originally Posted by LuciaConte
Unclogging a drain is not life threatening

Doing a police job. Your life is on the line every second.
  • Crock
  • 05-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Unclogging a drain is not life threatening

Doing a police job. Your life is on the line every second. Originally Posted by Farinside
I think that only reinforces LuciaConte's point.

The problem is that we aren't willing to raise our taxes enough to pay for what we really need.

I heard a Dallas news story a few years back that while the city of Dallas was ten times larger than it was in the 70s, the Dallas Police Department was the same size (I don't remember the actual numbers, but it was shocking). You can't expect to keep increasing the number of citizens to police ratio without seeing a decrease in quality of police service. Training suffers. Response time suffers. And, maybe, you have exhausted cops going home to the wrong apartment.
  • Crock
  • 05-03-2019, 02:49 PM
For real like once every 6 months or so , when i get home completely shagged out i put my key in the apt door a floor below mine.
However i never opened door or attacked / shot anyone in side Originally Posted by Mr.Dingle
When I was in the Marines, I went to the wrong room and tried to crawl in the wrong bunk. Almost got my ass beat for that.

To this day there are times that I drive somewhere familiar and when I get there I remember absolutely nothing about the drive. I was just on autopilot. If anything unusual had happened, it would've jolted me out of my thoughts, but I regularly am so exhausted that I completely zone out. I know it's not safe, but c'est la vie.
twice a year or so when my wife puts out I try to put it in her ass accidentally every time.
She banged on his door, demanding to be let in. After all, who really believes that when her card didn't work, she began to bang and yell at an inanimate object, the door. When he opened the door she confronted him but he told her to get lost and walked back inside.

Infuriated, she lost control. In a fit a rage, she shot him. Realizing what she had done, she made up a nonsense story about the mistaking the apartment as hers. However, she knew where she was. Her only thought and care was losing her job. Originally Posted by grean
Remember all that banging on the door and yelling came from witnesses who "overheard" something. It depends on how credible they are in court. Their timelines are going to be put into intense scrutiny. I think the release and the contents of the 911 call is in her favor. What she says about losing her job was said in the heat of the moment, might as well be jibber. They will not be able to determine that as motive.
I guess you all saw both sides back in court this week. The judge scolding whoever has been violating the gag order.
Trial set for Sept 23rd.
She fucked up big time. Then the DPD fucked up by not following protocol as if the whole thing would go away. They did not take toxicology until it was too late to use it for a defense or to further prosecute her. This is her second time to shoot man. DPD went to great lengths to protect her while ass fucking the victims rights and then Dallas County indicted her for murder when its very unlikely they will prove intent. This was a complete circle jerk from the day they hired her.

The dude is dead. She's going to get her salad tossed for at least 10 years and the city of Dallas needs to get their check book out.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dpd-war...r-other-events

If she is found NOT GUILTY of MURDER,

this city is going to burn from riots like Los Angeles did in 1992

after the 4 L.A.P.D. officers involved in the beating of Rodney King were found not guilty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots
http://www.fox4news.com/news/dpd-war...r-other-events

If she is found NOT GUILTY of MURDER,

this city is going to burn from riots like Los Angeles did in 1992

after the 4 L.A.P.D. officers involved in the beating of Rodney King were found not guilty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots Originally Posted by CG2014
increased Manpower, no time off from Sept. 23 through October 7..

I'm going to see Lizzo at the Southside Ballroom on October 5, near DPD Headquarters on S. Lamar.. the show is sold out, I wonder if a traffic nightmare should be expected.
I have never been to the State Fair.

Who the heck wants to buy a 24 days pass.

Who the heck is going to go there every day for 24 days?

https://bigtex.com/buy-tickets/

Is it just my impression or are most of their food selection FRIED?

https://bigtex.com/plan-your-visit/f...choice-awards/

https://bigtex.com/plan-your-visit/food/new-food/
It's definitely not a food selection for the health conscious.

Recent news and back to the topic of your thread:

Amber Guyger's defense team asks judge to allow character witnesses
Updated Aug 19 2019 04:03PM CDT

DALLAS - Fired Dallas police officer Amber Guyger showed up for a court hearing Monday morning.

It's the first day of a scheduled two-day pretrial hearing. Guyger's defense team wants a judge to allow certain witnesses who can speak to her good character.
Six assistant district attorneys make up the prosecution team that's headed by Jason Hermus. He entered into evidence the gun Guyger used to shoot and kill Jean. Hundreds of crime scene photos were also entered into the record a month before the trial gets underway.
The defense made a motion to include witness testimony or evidence to potentially boost Guyger's character, aiming to argue she's not capable of committing murder.

Other factors that could likely play into the prosecution and defense in the trial are the circumstances surrounding the killing, the relationship between Guyger and Jean before his death and possibly Guyger's mental condition at the time of the shooting.
Attorney Russell Wilson is in private practice now and in no way connected to this case. But as a prosecutor, he headed up the division that investigated officer involved shootings.

"There may be some questions regarding the admissibility of all of the photographs and there may be some questions regarding forensic testing that was or wasn't done on the weapon and the projectiles," Wilson said. "

Ronnie "Bunny" Babbs has given the world its only glimpse of the on-the-phone and pacing Guyger minutes after the shooting. She shared her story with the online site, Advance Media Network.

"I did hear the actual shot," she recalled "And that's what prompted me to go outside and actually start recording the video."
Defense Attorney Micheal Mowla submitted to the court several affidavits concerning Babbs and a GoFundMe page she created.

I think the judge is still debating on whether or not to move the trial based on how the jury selection goes.