The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Despite what Chung thinks, the late holding penalty against the Eagles CB on 3rd and 8, was indeed a hold, even according to the guilty player:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ping-let-slide

Kudos to him for being a standup person and speaking the truth in today’s world of professional sports unethical or unsportsmanlike conduct.

It was a terrific game!...I felt if the Chiefs didn’t come out and get points on the 2nd half opening possession they were toast, because they hadn’t stopped Philly up to that point...It was all Philly the first half, all Chiefs the 2nd half.
I'd like to believe that, but I don't. I think Mahomes' ankle won't be 100%, and the Eagles will exploit that.

Eagles 27

Chiefs 20

I only have the Eagles winning by 7, but I think it will look worse than that. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Mahome's ankle was not 100% but good enough to allow him to perform and compete. The 65 yard punt return by a guy who was drafted by the New York Giants was the difference in the game. The difference between teams like KC & LA Rams from Dallas is KC and the Rams do a better job of acquiring top tier talent.

Dallas got rid of their best receiver (Amare Cooper) because he would not get the vaccine. Jerry Jones thought he could win without him, then later admits he weakened the receiver room by trading Cooper away, and not getting someone with equal ability. This is why there has been 27 years since the last Super Bowl appearance.
“…do a better job of acquiring top-tier talent”

I’d add: through means other than the draft. The Cowboys fixed the draft years ago, but they have yet to learn how to master the art of filling out the team through the secondary market. That includes how to handle second contracts of the guys they do draft.

Having said that, using a high 1st round pick on a running back wasn’t the smartest move, either. Fantastic for the first 3 years, but then forced into either letting him go or signing him to a long term deal that still haunts them. Never would have been an issue if they had not spent so much draft capital on him in the first place. I wonder if they will make the same mistake with Pollard?
This game was a great game. Im glad the Chiefs won.
I do think the holding call was fair after a few video reviews. Some people may argue you cant make that kind of a call in the Super Bowl that late in the game. I say if you would call it in the 1st, you have to call it in the 4th.

The forced fumble and recovery for a TD, that was the right call per the letter of the law in the NFL right now. He didnt have time to make a "football move". I think its stupid.. I personally think it was a catch and fumble, but per the letter of the law, not a catch. Kudos to the zebras for letting it playout though and not blowing it dead.
The Dallas Goedert catch I think should have been called incomplete. I do think Philly got away with this one but it ended up only in 3 points.
Hurts outdueled Mahomes.. but Mahomes team was just better overall in the end.
“Hurts outdueled Mahomes…”

It’s a toss up for me, but part of me wishes they would have awarded Hurts SB MVP. The way that guy has turned himself into a legitimate elite nfl qb is beyond impressive.

Was Howley the last SB MVP to play for the losing team? It would be kinda neat to see it happen again, since I know it’s been a looong time since it’s been done.
The only thing Hurts has against him in his performance is the lost fumble for a TD. Other than that, stats are in Hurts favor.

27/38, 304 passing yards and a passing TD. 70 rushing yards and 3 rushing TDs.
Mahomes had 182 passing yards and 3tds. 44 rushing yards.

Hurts carried that Eagles team for the most part. I agree with you TinMan, I think Hurts made a really good argument for winning the MVP. In this day and age though, I dont think they would ever give the award to a player on the losing team. Too many feelings would get hurt.
“I’m going to Disney World because I’m a Loser!!”
Don't quit your day job Chung Originally Posted by BLM69

Ha! I don't remember seeing your prediction, Manslut!

Not quitting. 11 hour day today, probably the same tomorrow. Next day off is in 13 days.
  • BLM69
  • 02-13-2023, 10:38 PM
My prediction was in the Superbowl thread in Houston on the 10th, I went against the experts and Vegas predictions, it's always a 50/50 chance with the Superbowl. NBA finals 2 teams this year?

Philly fans be like this guy lol
https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1625161021114486788?s=20&t=nDq 6H9WaR9CWgtGS2RFMdg
My prediction was in the Superbowl thread in Houston on the 10th, I went against the experts and Vegas predictions, it's always a 50/50 chance with the Superbowl. NBA finals 2 teams this year?
Originally Posted by BLM69
You did pick the Winner, but not on the 10th.

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...1&postcount=23

But it was close to the 10th. Just 25 minutes away. The Sangria Wine blurred your vision of time slightly.

NBA finalists? I'll take the Bucks and Nuggets. The East is so much better than the West. What happened? It wasn't long ago that the West was dominant.
  • BLM69
  • 02-15-2023, 03:25 PM
You did pick the Winner, but not on the 10th.

https://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=106...1&postcount=23

But it was close to the 10th. Just 25 minutes away. The Sangria Wine blurred your vision of time slightly.

NBA finalists? I'll take the Bucks and Nuggets. The East is so much better than the West. What happened? It wasn't long ago that the West was dominant. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Ever think that I'm on a different time zone? I don't want to screenshot the post to make you look dumb, maybe you had one too many shots to make you think logical. You almost though you had something hahaha. Maybe next time
Maybe now they can get someone who will can actually run past the defense to get first downs and TDs. Not an idiot like Zeke who only averages 3.5-3.8 yards per carry and is shitty on the must get a first down rushing situation but Jerry thinks he is the greatest RB ever.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-lik...-seven-seasons
Ever think that I'm on a different time zone? Originally Posted by BLM69
BLM, I think I can speak for many, when I say you've been on a different time zone for your 13 years on ECCIE. I suspect you would be first to agree.

Maybe now they can get someone who will can actually run past the defense to get first downs and TDs. Not an idiot like Zeke who only averages 3.5-3.8 yards per carry and is shitty on the must get a first down rushing situation but Jerry thinks he is the greatest RB ever.

Should have happened 3 years ago, but at least Zeke is out. Jones doesn't care about winning, so it never bothered him.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cowboys-lik...-seven-seasons Originally Posted by CG2014
Cowboys is one of the teams with the top 5 hardest 2023 season schedule.

Get ready for another disappointing year, Cowboys fans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...ave-it-easier/
Need a new thread. The 2022 season is over.