The Bills : )

the way the game was going loosing over a flip of a coin is better than wide right
Bills at home probably win that game. Goes back to the bad regular season losses
Simple solution: Always play all the way through the OT. So what if the players are tired, it's football. They'd rather be tired than lose.
Never was easy being a Bills fan.
Good season though
5 years ago, the playoffs were just a dream....
the Bills should have short/squib kicked the ball to start the clock the moment the ball hits the field. no not onside kick but a longer squib kick. several sports heads in the post game review said this. of course they weren't standing on the sideline so it's easy to see this now.

the risk is not that great, most of the up coverage team for KC aren't likely to be dangerous returners. but the Bills would have needed to be sure they converge on the ball and make sure some damn linebacker or TE doesn't somehow break coverage and make a long return. this could have taken at least 3 seconds off the clock possibly 5-7 seconds.

and if a long squib kick catches KC unprepared there's a good chance the Bills cover it and take over. once the ball hits the ground it's live just like an onside kick. that would have won the game in regulation.

you watch .. based on this game the NFL will change its overtime rules to give the other team one shot to counter a score by the team that wins the toss. the way it is now is somewhat better than the old rules, first score wins.

now a TD wins but an FG gives the other team a possession. if the other team scores a TD they win, an FG the game continues and the next score of any kind wins.

the NFL should make it two possessions.
college rules are better
NFL sucks
college rules are better
NFL sucks Originally Posted by lilylivered

yeah but the NFL is not going to alternate possessions starting on the 25 yard line like NCAA rules do.

college overtime games are exciting. add in the go for 2 rule after two possessions and it gets pretty crazy.

all the NFL has to do is allow the team that loses the coin toss a possession to match any score including a TD the receiving team makes. problem solved.

college overtime games are exciting. add in the go for 2 rule after two possessions and it gets pretty crazy. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Didnt like they way they changed to the go for two pts.
I liked after the first two possessions if you score a TD you had to go for two.
That was the best
college rules are better
NFL sucks Originally Posted by lilylivered
F that, flag football FTW
Didnt like they way they changed to the go for two pts.
I liked after the first two possessions if you score a TD you had to go for two.
That was the best Originally Posted by lilylivered
Yes the nfl needs to change to the college ot format.

Im glad the Chiefs won. But I do feel for the Bills! A freakin coin flip handed the Chiefs the win.

I really like watching the bills. Theyre a tough team.
The coin flip had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. KC had the ball, Bills defense took the field to stop them. The defense failed. It's not KC's fault that the Bills defense wasn't good enough to stop them.

Suppose KC kicked a field goal for 3 pts. The Bills get the ball and kick a field goal. The score is tied again. KC gets the ball back and scores a touchdown for the win. What did the coin toss do for the win in that situation?

If the coin toss determined the outcome of the game then OT should just end with the flip of the coin. He who wins the flip wins the game?

Offense sells tickets as was demonstrated in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Defense wins (or loses) games!! Unfortunately for us Bills fans, as was also demonstrated in the OT period of the game!
I am pretty sure that after 60 minutes and 72 points, defense had nothing to do with anything.....
but then, many of us have grown and are on a higher plane of thought than those that still believe the simple minded "Defense wins Championships" of the 70's....
I am pretty sure that after 60 minutes and 72 points, defense had nothing to do with anything.....
but then, many of us have grown and are on a higher plane of thought than those that still believe the simple minded "Defense wins Championships" of the 70's.... Originally Posted by Paulie Rockstar

I didn't say defense wins championships. Defense wins games!
I didn't say defense wins championships. Defense wins games! Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher
Then you are even more wrong....

AND,
I never said YOU said Defense wins Championships.
If you want to lump yourself in with that group, that's on you.

edit add: I was also talking about being on a higher level of thought.... maybe that's where the confusion is coming in for you
Best weekend of NFL games ever.

Sorry the Bills wound up on the short end of the stick. They were probably the second best team in the post-season. Unfortunately, they ran into the Cheeves...