NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

The fact is, what Kubiak does has NEVER worked. He's just been lucky enough to have a weak-ass schedule most seasons because the Texans were coming in last in their division the year before. Now that they have to play division winners all the time, they are getting exposed. Add to that the fact that Schaub is over thirty and has never really proven himself and you have a team that is about to go over the cliff. True story. Originally Posted by 69Mustang
He has had two good seasons, that's it, one of which was QB'd by a third stringer. You can't really discredit him on that season or the one last year where he went 12-4.

It's not a great resume, but you can't say that "nothing" he has done has worked. Doesn't really matter about the schedule, you have to show up and play every Sunday.
  • Satin
  • 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM
The post by DG very effectively summed up the game. We were celebrating and having a good time until.....

I have to admit, as much he frustrates me, burning Dopey's jersey was WAY over the top. Really people?

We can bitch and whine about Dopey all we want. He can throw a pick-6 every game. Kubes is not going to bench him and start TJ or Keenum. The only way that happens is if he gets hurt. We're stuck with him....
I think the end may be near for Schaub, and he knows it, if he doesn't lead us to a win against either SF or KC in the next 3 weeks, I can see a change being made by Kubs, I think the public will will it. Even Rick Smith said the other week he wanted to see improvement from Schaub specifically, and he never says anything like that.

But looking long term, if we don't advance further or have a good outing in the playoffs, I think we might give up a lot and move up in the draft, just like the Jets did to get Sanchez, and Falcons did to get Julio, just like the Redskins did to get RG3, etc.
You better hope they can beat the rams they always let sorry teams stick around
We have a real shot at 8-8...this is going to be fun...
I know the guys that burned the Jersey it was a big surprise to me at first because they fan hard they go to the Texans games , Astros ,Dynamo they are always going to away games and put a lot into the teams ...I guess frustration got the better of them
  • Satin
  • 10-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Donnie Boy, man that sounds real good and all what you wrote my brother....but repeat after me.....Kubes is NOT going to bench Dopey bro. Not gonna happen.

"The public will will it"....lmao. Dude, the Texans are a very private organization and does not care what the "public" wants to see. They make their decisions on what they feel is best for the team, not what casual fans think. I'm not saying its right, but it's the way it is...

The decisions for the Texans are made by (owner) McNair, (coach) Kubes and (GM) Rick Smith. They obviously see something we don't. But it's very possible a change could be made late in the season or for next year, if things don't get better, but I don't see it in the short term.

So now we go to the Bay Area to face the Niners...oh boy this should be fun....

PS: Btw, BT I was able to successfully talk Daddio off the ledge bro. He's safe and sound....at least for now....
I can only think of a few current NFL coaches I would NOT rather have than Kubes.

1. Tampa Coach Schiano is really struggling
2. The jury is still out on Buffalo's guy
3. Whoever the Jacksonville guy is.

Here is a list of who Kubes has outcoached
1. Crickets Chirping

Guys I would love to see
1. Cowher
2. John Gruden
3. Jack Del Rio
We have a real shot at 8-8...this is going to be fun... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I hope the Texans do worse than .500, so McNair will be forced to dump both Kubiak and Schaub.
These muthafuckas are at it again! LMAO!!!!

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...-intervention/
I can only think of a few current NFL coaches I would NOT rather have than Kubes.

1. Tampa Coach Schiano is really struggling
2. The jury is still out on Buffalo's guy
3. Whoever the Jacksonville guy is.

Here is a list of who Kubes has outcoached
1. Crickets Chirping

Guys I would love to see
1. Cowher
2. John Gruden
3. Jack Del Rio Originally Posted by Daddio
Jack del Rio is terrible. Jacksonville is do bad because of the mess he left behind. Gruden does not have a clue about how to handle QBs check out what happened in Tampa when he was there in regards to his relationship with QB. Cowher is way too old out of touch
Jack del Rio is terrible. Jacksonville is do bad because of the mess he left behind. Originally Posted by BigLouie
That's why USC wants him...
Del Rio made Kubes his bitch every season with far less talent. I will take anybody please 7 years of this bullshit is about 5 years too many!!

I need this answered seriously - who was it that said "we don't need Peyton Manning, we have our QB"? Was it McNair? Kubes? or Rick Smith? I think it was McNair? Please let me know. Willie?

Also good question for Willie, who were the great RB's that kept Foster on the pine until week 15 and 16 a few years ago? Seriously was it Ron fucking Dayne?, Who? Willie, help a brother out then post some "SNATCH" pictures for me!!!
I need this answered seriously - who was it that said "we don't need Peyton Manning, we have our QB"? Was it McNair? Kubes? or Rick Smith? I think it was McNair? Please let me know. Willie? Originally Posted by Daddio
Bob McNair explains why Texans not interested in Peyton Manning
Donnie Boy, man that sounds real good and all what you wrote my brother....but repeat after me.....Kubes is NOT going to bench Dopey bro. Not gonna happen.

"The public will will it"....lmao. Dude, the Texans are a very private organization and does not care what the "public" wants to see. They make their decisions on what they feel is best for the team, not what casual fans think. I'm not saying its right, but it's the way it is... Originally Posted by Satin
I know it's a long shot, but if Schaub throws another costly pick six in the next game (or 2 out of 3), I could see it happening. Rick Smith already said he needs to step up in big games, and I don't ever remember him calling anyone out like that.

As far as Manning, I think a lot of us wanted him, but we couldn't have gotten him because of our cap situation. We had to cut Winston and let Brisel walk so we could secure up Myers and Foster. Looking back on it, keeping Foster and the O-line guys was a mistake, but nobody after the 2011 season didn't want us to see Foster not get an extension.

And Manning's agent just said he wanted to be on our team because it gave him leverage, he knew what he was doing, Denver had the most money to offer, if he wanted to be here, he would have had to accept something like 4 million or less. And we have to remember, he was just coming off of surgery and still didn't have total feeling left in his hand, that would have been a tough signing for us given how good of a season we just came off of.

Also, if we get a coaching change, I would prefer just to get a guy out of college. Not a huge fan of paying big money to guys like Cower or Grudon. Cower has said some dumb things in the past couple years, I think his conservative nature would be more annoying that what we see with Kubs.

Chris Petersen would be the ideal coach I'd love to see.