The Bills : )

The coin flip had nothing to do with the outcome of the game. KC had the ball, Bills defense took the field to stop them. The defense failed. It's not KC's fault that the Bills defense wasn't good enough to stop them.

Suppose KC kicked a field goal for 3 pts. The Bills get the ball and kick a field goal. The score is tied again. KC gets the ball back and scores a touchdown for the win. What did the coin toss do for the win in that situation?

If the coin toss determined the outcome of the game then OT should just end with the flip of the coin. He who wins the flip wins the game?

Offense sells tickets as was demonstrated in the final 2 minutes of the game.

Defense wins (or loses) games!! Unfortunately for us Bills fans, as was also demonstrated in the OT period of the game! Originally Posted by woodywouldpekher
Even winning coach Andy Reid questions NFL’s overtime setup

the winner thinks he won by a coin flip mmmmmm
I thought I'd sit back till today before I said something about KC vs the Upsetters.
I still won't say anything.
But the stadium was actually shaking the last few minutes of that game
I thought I'd sit back till today before I said something about KC vs the Upsetters.
I still won't say anything.
But the stadium was actually shaking the last few minutes of that game Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
any damage ????
Make OT a timed period of play. Shorten the "quarters" to 12 minutes if the NFL gods choose to.

Even MLB (on a non-stop mission to speed up the game) plays a complete inning, not the first run across the plate wins.
Ok, I've fully digested and accepted the Bills blowing that game. Putting the blame on players, coaches or overtime rules for the loss, I'll resist. But I believe if Bill Belichek was our coach for just the last 13 seconds we'd be playing this weekend.
Ok, I've fully digested and accepted the Bills blowing that game. Putting the blame on players, coaches or overtime rules for the loss, I'll resist. But I believe if Bill Belichek was our coach for just the last 13 seconds we'd be playing this weekend. Originally Posted by buffalomw10
One other thing, that may lessen everyone’s pissing all over the coaches……it may have been ONE player’s fault……the Kicker.

McDermott may well be covering up that the kicker was supposed to “pooch” the kick, not drive it into the end zone. He is covering his players ass.

And taking the heat for him.

This is way more likely than all the other nonsense being spewed all over the inter webs……

elg……

This is way more likely than all the other nonsense being spewed all over the inter webs……

elg…… Originally Posted by elghund

Nonsense?
On the internet?
Can't be.....
One other thing, that may lessen everyone’s pissing all over the coaches……it may have been ONE player’s fault……the Kicker.

McDermott may well be covering up that the kicker was supposed to “pooch” the kick, not drive it into the end zone. He is covering his players ass.

And taking the heat for him.

Probably more likely the special teams coach.
The punter in a wind game a couple games back was either told to punt dropping the ball almost sideways or allowed to do so, resulting in 3 horrible kicks until he went back to normal.
Also had the kicker kicking directionally to avoid return and ended up with a couple out of bounds.
The non scwib kick would fit in with these other mistakes.
The coach should know his players and what they can or cant do, and have them do what they can...
Probably more likely the special teams coach.
The punter in a wind game a couple games back was either told to punt dropping the ball almost sideways or allowed to do so, resulting in 3 horrible kicks until he went back to normal.
Also had the kicker kicking directionally to avoid return and ended up with a couple out of bounds.
The non scwib kick would fit in with these other mistakes.
The coach should know his players and what they can or cant do, and have them do what they can... Originally Posted by lilylivered
That play was the key to the game, either way. It would have burned a lot of that 13 seconds away

elg……
That play was the key to the game, either way. It would have burned a lot of that 13 seconds away

exactly right. a long squib kick would have started the clock the moment it hit the turf. even 4 seconds for KC to cover it could easily been the difference in the game.
.... The coach should know his players and what they can or cant do, and have them do what they can... Originally Posted by lilylivered
This right here ^^^^^^
At that level of pro athlete, the kickers are usually pretty good at placing the ball where they want. Game strategy is entirely with the coaches.
exactly right. a long squib kick would have started the clock the moment it hit the turf. even 4 seconds for KC to cover it could easily been the difference in the game. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The clock doesn't start for a fair ketch and it doesn't start if the receiving team doesn't take possession and try to advance the ball
The clock doesn't start for a fair ketch and it doesn't start if the receiving team doesn't take possession and try to advance the ball Originally Posted by keeponrisin

i'll be sure to check my NFL rules book next time.
The clock doesn't start for a fair ketch and it doesn't start if the receiving team doesn't take possession and try to advance the ball Originally Posted by keeponrisin
You “pooch” the ball…..right along the ground. They have to field it and be tackled.

I still say the kicker fucked up, and the coaches are covering for him.

elg……