How many people will die in the USA from the new coronavirus by December 31, 2021??

Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
the kenyan
Btw, I suspect most people here did think this was moronic, as only a handful made guesses. Either that or they didn't want people to make fun of them. Adavsa28 for example exposed himself to a lot of ridicule. But now it's looking like he's the second most likely person to take home the bacon. Originally Posted by Tiny
There are estimates for 400,000 deaths by Jan 2021, so with the contest going to 12-31-21 my prediction looks like it would be the winning number.
There are estimates for 400,000 deaths by Jan 2021, so with the contest going to 12-31-21 my prediction looks like it would be the winning number. Originally Posted by adav8s28
That sounds about right with kids going back to school. Many will catch it and bring it home with them and share the cooties virus love with their family. 400K may actually be low with all of the family gatherings during the holidays, but again, that sounds about right.

I hope I am wrong agreeing with that number. We've already lost enough people.

I say they should assemble a team of people who have the cooties virus and send them to hug everyone on the streets in bad neighborhoods in Chicago, Detroit and other fucked up crime ridden cities. They don't really need to hug them, but just cough on their faces a few times and run like hell if they pull a gun.
  • oeb11
  • 11-02-2020, 10:08 AM
oNE Cannot outrun a bullet - and chicago is a prime example of how well DPST 'gun control" works

Take guns from honest, law-abiding people - and don't bother the criminals

- the Chicago and DPST wAY!!
  • Tiny
  • 11-02-2020, 10:11 AM
There are estimates for 400,000 deaths by Jan 2021, so with the contest going to 12-31-21 my prediction looks like it would be the winning number. Originally Posted by adav8s28
I really think eccieuser is the likely winner, when you take into account the 12/31/21 deadline. From memory, I think we'll have to be at over 900,000 deaths by then for him not to win. However, it's very possible your estimate could be low if you extend that date on out to many years from now. If this ends up being like the common cold, which is often caused by coronaviruses, and we can't come up with a good vaccine or a lot of people refuse to get it, the pandemic becomes endemic.
From memory, I think we'll have to be at over 900,000 deaths by then for him not to win. Originally Posted by Tiny

As U.S. Reaches 250,000 Deaths From COVID-19, A Long Winter Is Coming

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...18&f=935930352

With cases spiking, more deaths will follow — but advances in medicine in recent months have improved the odds of surviving COVID-19.

The infection fatality rate is declining by about 30%, says Ali Mokdad, professor and epidemiologist with the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, and the chief strategy officer for Population Health at the University of Washington.

Quarter mil!

Is it okay to gloat?
Fake numbers! Wish that kenyan would get it!
Fake numbers! Wish that kenyan would get it! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Yous are a class act, Winnsy! And ones of the dimmer WSND lightbulbs in the packet, eh?

Holy fuck
oNE Cannot outrun a bullet - and chicago is a prime example of how well DPST 'gun control" works

Take guns from honest, law-abiding people - and don't bother the criminals

- the Chicago and DPST wAY!! Originally Posted by oeb11
How is this red flag beauty still allowed to post here?
Yous are a class act, Winnsy! And ones of the dimmer WSND lightbulbs in the packet, eh?

Holy fuck Originally Posted by HoeHummer
Fuck that kenyan! He divided this Country with his butt buddy holder. Then married a fucking tranny moochelle.
For what he has done to this country I do hope he gets covid and dies a horrible death! FUCK HIM
Big Shitter is triggered.
Did you say triggered?

Snow flakes are easily scared!
  • Tiny
  • 11-18-2020, 06:41 PM
As U.S. Reaches 250,000 Deaths From COVID-19, A Long Winter Is Coming

Quarter mil!

Is it okay to gloat? Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
Probably a tad premature to gloat. But preliminary results for the Pfizer and Moderna trials combined with this would indicate you're likely to edge out adavs8s28,

COVID-19 Immunity Could Last Years, Huge New Study Suggests

Immunity to the Coronavirus May Last Years, New Data Hint
By Apoorva Mandavilli

Blood samples from recovered patients suggest a powerful, long-lasting immune response, researchers reported.
How long might immunity to the coronavirus last? Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study — the most hopeful answer yet to a question that has shadowed plans for widespread vaccination.

Eight months after infection, most people who have recoveredstill have enough immune cells to fend off the virus and prevent illness, the new data show. A slow rate of decline in the short term suggests, happily, that these cells may persist in the body for a very, very long time to come.

The research, published online, has not been peer-reviewed nor published in a scientific journal. But it is the most comprehensive and long-ranging study of immune memory to the coronavirus to date.

“That amount of memory would likely prevent the vast majority of people from getting hospitalized disease, severe disease, for many years,” said Shane Crotty, a virologist at the La Jolla Institute of Immunology who co-led the new study.

The findings are likely to come as a relief to experts worried that immunity to the virus might be short-lived, and that vaccines might have to be administered repeatedly to keep the pandemic under control.

And the research squares with another recent finding: that survivors of SARS, caused by another coronavirus, still carry certain important immune cells 17 years after recovering.

The findings are consistent with encouraging evidence emerging from other labs. Researchers at the University of Washington, led by the immunologist Marion Pepper, had earlier shown that certain “memory” cells that were produced following infection with the coronavirus persist forat least three monthsin the body.

A study published last week also found that people who have recovered from Covid-19 havepowerful and protective killer immune cellseven when antibodies are not detectable.

These studies “are all by and large painting the same picture, which is that once you get past those first few critical weeks, the rest of the response looks pretty conventional,” said Deepta Bhattacharya, an immunologist at the University of Arizona.

Akiko Iwasaki, an immunologist at Yale University, said she was not surprised that the body mounts a long-lasting response because “that’s what is supposed to happen.” Still, she was heartened by the research: “This is exciting news.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/h...-immunity.html
In my non-professional opinion, the vaccine will make it a lot easier to calculate the actual number directly attributable by the deadline.

Sometimes . . .

I can't help myself.