Dorthy_Monroe's last points issued: an objective assessment.

Why would I leave? So that you and others don't have to deal with conflict? I haven't done anything point-worthy, but it seems that asking questions and having an opinion is unsettling to some. The notion that a SHMB should consist of only warm-fuzzies is laughable. If that was the type of environment everyone wanted, TER would be doing much better in Dallas and Houston.

And of course the ban would cause me to question her points. I am not hiding that fact. Read into it however you wish, but whether you believe it or not, my argument does not lie with her being banned. It is about what I said above: Dorthy was singled out as the sole point earner for a warning that was given to her and others. The others were not pointed when they also disregarded staff instructions.
Why would I leave? So that you and others don't have to deal with conflict? I haven't done anything point-worthy, but it seems that asking questions and having an opinion is unsettling to some. The notion that a SHMB should consist of only warm-fuzzies is laughable. If that was the type of environment everyone wanted, TER would be doing much better in Dallas and Houston.

And of course the ban would cause me to question her points. I am not hiding that fact. Read into it however you wish, but whether you believe it or not, my argument does not lie with her being banned. It is about what I said above: Dorthy was singled out as the sole point earner for a warning that was given to her and others. The others were not pointed when they also disregarded staff instructions. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Don't pull the "freedom of speech" card and then get mad when someone tells you it doesn't apply in private spaces.

Secondly, how do you know that nobody else was pointed in that thread?
Marie you seem to be upset i do not share your opinion on the subject which i cant be
Like 19 pages ago when someone point out unless everyone agree with you..What we say doesn't matter.
As it has been point out to me..And took the point it..I can post whenever i wish and disagree with whoever ..Freedom of speech...As long a i follow guideline.Most likely its selective one as anyone that disagree with your point of the situation been unfair and need to be put on the spotlight...Cannot speak right?

You raise a point that most likely been address and only miss D is complaining which maybe way more people got points on that tread...One Admin even point out never so many points been attribuée in a tread worse than nintendo game..JUST that speak for itself that she wasn't single out..But everyone can play the victime instead of recognized mistakes

NYr never said which of her posts earned her the points. The truth is, you don't know that.

Of course it is. Had she not had ~23 points earned already, those last two points wouldn't have mattered. Unless she told you, you wouldn't even have known she earned them.

As has been stated before, there is no FREEDOM OF SPEECH on this website. The 1st amendment only applies to the federal government limiting your freedom of speech. It doesn't apply on hooker message boards, you're on a private website that can be run any way the owners (or their delegates) want. Don't like that? You're free to leave. Originally Posted by corona
AMEN...
Don't pull the "freedom of speech" card and then get mad when someone tells you it doesn't apply in private spaces.

Secondly, how do you know that nobody else was pointed in that thread? Originally Posted by corona
That has been confirmed by management Corona.
That has been confirmed by management Corona. Originally Posted by Boltfan
link?
Tinman, DM was the only one to receive points in the thread after the warning.........with the exception of one hijack for something posted that had nothing to do with the topic. That infraction was not given by NYr. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Corona, I asked the same question as you. Here was dearhunter's response back in post #292.
Tinman, DM was the only one to receive points in the thread after the warning.........with the exception of one hijack for something posted that had nothing to do with the topic. That infraction was not given by NYr. Originally Posted by dearhunter
...and how do you *know* this?
VJ, you don't have to agree. corona, likewise, post as you wish. I am pointing out and making the distinction that this thread is not about her posting history or her persona. It is about how points were given to her and only her.

dearhunter confirmed the fact about who was and was not pointed.

That is all.
So what is it we're trying to accomplish with this thread again?
I agree that she and others have gotten a lot of leeway, and there are most-likely other pointable offenses which have not been addressed. As a matter of fact, when she returns, I have no doubt that someone will find one of her posts which is actually pointable and RTM it. That is okay, and I would have nothing to say about it. Like I said, my signature line addresses times when she is out of line. This is not one of those times, yet those two posts were the reason for points being issued.

No one has to openly agree with me. I am not asking anyone to like Dorthy_Monroe. willyjack and others are free to laugh at me and celebrate her ban all they want, but the target audience is reading. I am at peace knowing that. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
I stopped posting a week ago. My point and my audience has been reached. This thread and forum are merely the stage where those who sit in box seats can get a direct view. What they have done in response to it can remain in silence to the general public or be revealed at their leisure, and once again, I am am peace with that. Mission accomplished on my part.
I stopped posting a week ago. My point and my audience has been reached. This thread and forum are merely the stage where those who sit in box seats can get a direct view. What they have done in response to it can remain in silence to the general public or be revealed at their leisure, and once again, I am am peace with that. Mission accomplished on my part. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Interesting logic. It's a good thing you're pretty and willing to fuck strangers.
I stopped posting a week ago. My point and my audience has been reached. This thread and forum are merely the stage where those who sit in box seats can get a direct view. What they have done in response to it can remain in silence to the general public or be revealed at their leisure, and once again, I am am peace with that. Mission accomplished on my part. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Can you not be so obtuse for a moment and just answer the question succinctly? Lots of hot air and tangents throughout this thread. Does this all boil down to you think she got points for posts that didn't warrant them?
Do you believe, after the first warning issued by NYr, that someone else other than Dorthy in that thread might have made posts worthy to be penalized before NYr issued another warning? Originally Posted by andymarksman
Irrelevant since DM is the one that got banned for a nonsensical reason.
Irrelevant since DM is the one that got banned for a nonsensical reason. Originally Posted by armature
Are you KIDDING ME!!

She Got herself banned because of her mouth. She didn't know when to close it.

It made sence and it had meaning....It was NOT for a Nonsensical reason.
Maybe she could have received points for being RACIST????...and I don't like her RACIST remarks. Originally Posted by Lindsay Lee
Cuban is not a racial slur. Period.

She was told to cool it. She came back with Cuban on Tuesdays. That is neither rude or racist.

No one else was told boo-shit about anything.

No one else got points.

NYr called her names.

NYr singled her out.

And NYr told DM's and the board's business on the open board.

Those are the facts.

Like her or don't like her. You are entitled to you own opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts.