Malaysian airlines: the rise of Al Queada?

There, fixed it for you! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Otherwise your answer is no There were none found.
Otherwise your answer is no There were none found. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
When? Or do you not want to answer that question?

I suppose you want a link, too?

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/10/2...found-in-iraq/

An initial glance at the WikiLeaks war logs doesn’t reveal evidence of some massive WMD program by the Saddam Hussein regime — the Bush administration’s most (in)famous rationale for invading Iraq. But chemical weapons, especially, did not vanish from the Iraqi battlefield. Remnants of Saddam’s toxic arsenal, largely destroyed after the Gulf War, remained. Jihadists, insurgents and foreign (possibly Iranian) agitators turned to these stockpiles during the Iraq conflict — and may have brewed up their own deadly agents.

In August 2004, for instance, American forces surreptitiously purchased what they believed to be containers of liquid sulfur mustard, a toxic “blister agent” used as a chemical weapon since World War I. The troops tested the liquid, and “reported two positive results for blister.” The chemical was then “triple-sealed and transported to a secure site” outside their base. …

Nearly three years later, American troops were still finding WMD in the region. An armored Buffalo vehicle unearthed a cache of artillery shells “that was covered by sacks and leaves under an Iraqi Community Watch checkpoint. “The 155mm rounds are filled with an unknown liquid, and several of which are leaking a black tar-like substance.” Initial tests were inconclusive. But later, “the rounds tested positive for mustard.”

No wonder he wanted his troops to be issued protective gear and masks!
LexiLiar, is that the best you got?

You had better check your magazine. Originally Posted by bigtex
Put down the sticky Penthouse ...

http://www.fas.org/news/un/iraq/sres/1441.pdf

Secretary Colin L. Powell
Washington, DC
January 27, 2003
[Video file for: DSL/cable or dial-up ; audio-only file]
Well, good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Earlier today, in accordance with UN Resolution 1441, Doctors’ Blix and El Baradei provided the United Nations Security Council their 60-day reports on inspection activity in Iraq.
We listened carefully as the inspectors reported that Iraq has not provided the active, immediate and unconditional cooperation that the Council demanded in UN Resolution 1441.
As Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." Let me repeat, because this is the essence of the problem. Dr. Blix said, "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance, not even today, of the disarmament that was demanded of it." 1441 is all about the disarmament demanded of Iraq.
The inspectors' findings came as no surprise. For 11 years before 1441, Saddam Hussein's regime refused to make the strategic decision, the political decision, to disarm itself of weapons of mass destruction and to comply with the world's demands.
To this day, the Iraq regime continues to defy the will of the United Nations. The Iraqi regime has responded to 1441 with empty claims, empty declarations and empty gestures.
It has not given the inspectors and the international community any concrete information in answer to a host of key questions: Where is the missing anthrax? This is not just a question of historical curiosity. It is essential for us to know what happened with this deadly material.
Where is the VX? Also not just a trivial question. We must know what happened to this deadly material.
Where are the chemical and biological munitions? Where are the mobile biological laboratories? If the Iraqi regime was truly committed to disarmament, we wouldn't be looking for these mobile labs. They'd drive them up and park them in front of UNMOVIC headquarters for inspection.
Why is Iraq violating the restrictions on ballistic missiles? Why is it violating the ban on missiles with a range of more than 150 kilometers? Where are the credible, verifiable answers to all of the other disarmament questions compiled by the previous inspectors?
Today, we heard that the inspectors have not been able to interview any Iraqi in private. We heard that the inspectors have not been allowed to employ aerial surveillance. Why not? If Iraq was committed to disarmament, if Iraq understood what 1441 was all about, they would willingly allow this kind of surveillance, they would willingly allow people to be interviewed without minders, without fear of retribution.
We have heard that the inspectors have still not received, a full list of Iraqi personnel involved with weapons of mass destruction. If Iraq no longer has weapons of mass destruction, they should willingly give the names of all who were involved in their previous programs to the inspectors for examination and interview.
The inspectors told us that their efforts have been impeded by a swarm of Iraqi minders. Why, if Iraq was committed to disarmament, would they be going to these efforts to deceive and to keep the inspectors from doing their work? Passive cooperation is not what was called for in 1441.
The inspectors have also told us that they have evidence that Iraq has moved or hidden items at sites just prior to inspection visits. That's what the inspectors say, not what Americans say, not what American intelligence says, but we certainly corroborate all of that. But this is information from the inspectors.
And the inspectors have caught the Iraqis concealing "top secret" information in a private residence. You all saw the pictures of that information being brought out. Why? Why, if Iraq was committed to disarmament, as required under 1441, would we be finding this kind of information squirreled away in private homes, for any other reason than to keep it away from the inspectors?
The list of unanswered questions and the many ways Iraq is frustrating the work of the inspectors goes on and on. Iraq's refusal to disarm, in compliance with Resolution 1441, still threatens international peace and security. And Iraq's defiance continues to challenge the relevance and credibility of the Security Council.
The international community's goal was, is and remains Iraq's disarmament. The Security Council and the international community must stand behind Resolution 1441. Iraq continues to conceal quantities, vast quantities, of highly lethal material and weapons to delivery it. They could kill thousands upon thousands of men, women and children if Saddam Hussein decides to use these against those men, women and children, or, just as frightening, to provide them to others who might use such weapons.
Iraq must not be allowed to keep weapons of mass terror and the capacity to produce more. The world community must send a clear message to Iraq that the will of the international community must be obeyed.
Last September, the United Nations acted at the request of the United States. We acted through 1441 with the hope -- the President had the hope, the other members of the Security Council who voted unanimously for this resolution had the hope -- that Iraq would take this one last chance presented to it by the international community to disarm peacefully.
And remember the key elements of that resolution. Iraq has been and continues to be in material breach of all of its earlier obligations. We are giving, the resolution said, one more chance to Iraq. We put a firm list of conditions for Iraq to meet and what they should allow the inspectors to do to assist them in that disarmament. And let's not forget a vital part of the resolution that comes toward the end: there would be serious consequences for continued Iraqi violation of its obligation. Those serious consequences are the lever that was needed to get the inspectors in to get the inspectors to be able to do their work, which was to assist Iraqi in disarmament.
Iraqi intransigence brings us to a situation where we see that regime continuing to confront the fundamental choice between compliance with 1441 and the consequences of its failure to disarm.
Even at this late date, the United States hopes for a peaceful solution. But a peaceful solution is possible only if Iraq disarms itself with the help of the inspectors. The issue is not how much more time the inspectors need to search in the dark. It is how much more time Iraq should be given to turn on the light and to come clean. And the answer is not much more time. Iraq's time for choosing peaceful disarmament is fast coming to an end.

http://www2.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB...;%20Report.htm

I know he's a Republican, but ...

.. go ahead .. call Powell a "liar"!

OBL now sleeps with the fishes! Originally Posted by bigtex

Yep. War is over. We won..8 to 5.

Lets all go home now. Everything is cool , we are all safe now and bt can sleep at night.
..., we are all safe now and bt can sleep at night. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
As long as bt keeps sleeping..... at home.
I can testify that we carried MOPP gear around with us 24/7. There was a legitimate fear of WMDs when we were over there.
I can testify that we carried MOPP gear around with us 24/7. There was a legitimate fear of WMDs when we were over there. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Of course there was . THERE STILL IS! The Iraqis had gear available also!

"The Mother of All Wars"!

Too bad the naysayers don't get an annual six-month paid vacation in Israel.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Jesus fucking Christ....you panty wads are scared of WMD's and do not give a fuck about Global Warming.

Do you understand the odd's of getting struck by lightening vs being killed by WMD's?

Yet you babies send of 4500 hundred of our best kids off to get killed ....all so you can sleep better because your irrational fear has been calmed for a bit. Look like its time for another war. Obama has avoided Libya, Syria and Russia so far but I'm sure you chicken shits will get us in another war soon enough.
Jesus fucking Christ....you panty wads are scared of WMD's and do not give a fuck about Global Warming. Originally Posted by WTF
Take that up with General Powell (Ret). Or Citizen Gore (Ret).

But to answer your question.... (if it is actually a question)

.... WMD's have a greater sense of urgency about them. You mean like ...

That will "warm" things up a bit, at least until the cloud blocks the sun.
I don't think any of the nimrods here can access the Persian Gulf registry. After the war was over and all the oil wells were on fire, we were stationed off shore by about 20 miles. The chemical alarm went off repeatedly. It had been installed by the West Germans as they contribution to the war. Working and sight seeing on the flight deck exposed many of us to the fumes coming off the land. The long and short is that a couple of years later I developed a rash on my finger tips. It spread to my hands, wrists and forearms. About the time it got to my forearms it would begin again on my fingers again. I lost about four layers of skin during this time. Dermatologist was baffled until I mentioned my service. I was sent to the VA hospital and they diagnosed nerve agent exposure.

Now to those idiots who keep repeating democratic talking points, political talking points, that fly in the face of reality I know better. I also, like many veterans, went from a cast iron stomach to throwing up blood just two years after we left the area. My digestive track was messed up.

Oh, as for those chemical alarms, we ignored them as the war was over and we stowed our MOPP gear. I am so sick of the ignorant sons of bitches talking about something that they know nothing about.
Actually WTF, it is the other way around. You care about something that is part of nature, that has happened before, that has happened many times, something that actually benefits humanity as a whole but you don't believe the real evidence of WMDs in Iraq. How stupid is that?
Actually WTF, ... How stupid is that? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
He doesn't know. If Barnes and Nobles ain't got it, neither does he!

He hasn't figured out yet how long it takes to have a book published and on the shelves at B&N ... as far as "dated" material is concerned.

The "Name Calling Digest" ... never is outdated. Bimbo is still under the "B's"!
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2014, 02:33 PM

The "Name Calling Digest" ... never is outdated. Bimbo is still under the "B's"! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Hypocrite is still under LexusLiar.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't think any of the nimrods here can access the Persian Gulf registry. After the war was over and all the oil wells were on fire, we were stationed off shore by about 20 miles.. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
JD, we are talking about the 2003 Iraq war....the one with no WMD's.

And as much as I think you are a full of shit/liar , I believe your story about the rash and wish you all the best with fixing that. I had a cousin in Vietnam that was dropped in Cambodia and probably died an early death from agent orange.
Fuck the Iraq discussion.

Let's get back to the Malaysian airliner.

Hey, JD, have you found that 5000 foot runway (in good condition) in the middle of a deserted area where there have been no witnesses for the past two weeks? Or a deserted strip of highway big enough to land a 777 that nobody has driven on for two weeks?

Do you think all the reconnaissance planes, ships and satellites missed a runway (or highway) somewhere?