NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Kerwil, we were laughing our asses off at that the whole night. Dopey was pouting like a little bitch and had his helmet on like he was going to get in the game while Case was throwing deep bombs to Dre. He had this goofy ass look on his face. Fuck him he's done. He can now go back to what his real role should be...a back-up carrying around a clipboard....

Fat Randy has missed the most FG's in the league... 8....way to go fatass!!!
Well since the season is over for them I don't expect Dopey to ride the pine too long. The moment Keenum fucks up will be the moment Dopey is back in. And if that happens here at home the boo's will be so muthafuckin' LOUD!

That loyalty shit is strong bruh!

That shit was funny though, seeing him pout like a bitch! LMAO!!
  • Trey
  • 11-05-2013, 10:38 AM
He did have the blues over on that bench. Is there any trade value in slob? Keenum got me 23 points on the fan duel and dre 40. I hope he keeps up the good work and won't collapse when he gets that first interception. But now satin you must agree its all over for us we can't even get the second wild card. If case keeps it up would they keep him? I still don't see us getting a top spot but in the top 1/4 most likely but don't think that will be enough to pull one of the qb we would like to see.
I didn't really notice what Dopey was doing. I was wedged into my seats next to some fat bitches. I bet they liked CIM type bitches, FAT!!

Case has looked pretty damn good so far, even when he is handcuffed by the shitty playcaller. He did get lucky as hell late in the game when he was scrambling around and got hit as he threw and it bounced off a Colts face. Lucky no Turnover there. I am also cutting him some slack against the Chiefs because they are so bad ass. I do want to see more from him but so far so good, low turnover count, throws deep, pretty accurate on all throws. We have a long way to go. It will be interesting to see if he continues to improve or starts to suck like most QB's under Kubes. Also D's will start to figure him out.

Soulmate the "Pube Strong" is a mock of one of my many nicknames for Kubiak mocking The Chuck Strong bullshit the colts did last year. Nicknames are Kubes, Pubes, Cuntiak, Cabana boy, Jizz Stain, Dick Gobbler, Stupid Fuck, Ass hat and Jackoff.
Thanks for clearing this up for me D man! Until the Daddio's Thesaurus gets published and hits the book stores, this litany of names is much appreciated!
He did have the blues over on that bench. Is there any trade value in slob? Keenum got me 23 points on the fan duel and dre 40. I hope he keeps up the good work and won't collapse when he gets that first interception. But now satin you must agree its all over for us we can't even get the second wild card. If case keeps it up would they keep him? I still don't see us getting a top spot but in the top 1/4 most likely but don't think that will be enough to pull one of the qb we would like to see. Originally Posted by Trey
Trade him to Green bay. Maybe they have a kicker on the practice team or something.
  • Satin
  • 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Trey, yeah I have to agree with you bro...our playoff chances are pretty much done. It's a very depressing letdown to a season with so much promise. We have so many talented players, it's hard to fathom this happening.

Well Kubes had a TIA just like I figured, but looks like he will be ok. There were 3 kickers brought in to replace Fat Randy.

I think they should let Case play out the year and see how he does. If he plays well, we won't need to draft a QB. I know my boy Don thinks we should, but I'm not convinced yet. We need help on the OL, secondary and a RB. Our backs are too injury prone.

So Parker won re-election just like everyone knew she would. So I guess the strip clubs are still in trouble. With the dome coming down (WTF?) it looks like the Rockets are our only chance to save the city.
Man playa....ya boy "J Jo" has been getting toasted the past couple of weeks, looks like Jackson has turned out to be the better CB after all lol
I re watched the game tonight and yes we can probably save some money by cutting Jjo's ass. Toast.
Daddio judging from your posts the last thing you need to be doing is rewatching the game, whadaya wanna end up like kubes or something
  • Satin
  • 11-06-2013, 07:31 AM
D, you're right my brother, but I was never sold on JJo....he's never shown me to be this great "shutdown corner"....

When Kareem is your best corner, you know you're in trouble...

Ed Reed got us good. Made the whole organization bend over and he shoved it up their asses good. He's laughing all the way to the bank. I saw him out one day, could have sworn he was a homeless dude. Way to go Ed!!!
J-Jo was awesome a couple years back, the high point of his season this year was probably getting that pick late in the Seattle game (which should have closed out the game), but yeah, he and Nnamdi were both the top CB's that free agent year, both look done now. I think Kareem is alright now, he's way better than I thought he would be after watching him his rookie year. It's pretty amazing if you think about it, the guy went from a legit all time worse player contender to a competent starter.

I'm going to make a comparison with Case that might get me some flack. I think we might be seeing another "Linsanity" type of situation here. Lin was awesome for a brief stretch in the NBA, Rocket's put a lot of money in him, and he's barely even a starter now. But that's just the risk you take when signing any player. I just don't want the Texans to make a similar mistake with Keenum. Time will tell though, if we want to get a new QB by the way of a draft, this will probably be the only year we can have that opportunity.

I could see us getting a corner in the draft...maybe. I'd like to see a MLB for us giving all the injuries we deal with. Getting an OL guy in the first round is always just gay and uneventful lol. And no way I think any team will ever be drafting a RB in the first few rounds again unless it's a lock they are getting AP. All those guys just get hurt and injured, and you can get guys off the street like Foster or Dennis Johnson.

Nothing like talking draft talk after 8 weeks into the season!

Btw guys look at this shit, had we handed the ball off on that 2nd and 8 towards the end of the game, look at ALL THE SPACE TATE HAD. Granted, I would have gone with a pass play as well, but Keenum just ran it...

J-Jo was awesome a couple years back, the high point of his season this year was probably getting that pick late in the Seattle game (which should have closed out the game), but yeah, he and Nnamdi were both the top CB's that free agent year, both look done now. I think Kareem is alright now, he's way better than I thought he would be after watching him his rookie year. It's pretty amazing if you think about it, the guy went from a legit all time worse player contender to a competent starter Originally Posted by TheDon
A couple of years ago, I was criticized early and often in this thread when I stated that we needed to give Kareem a little time with the hope that he eventually would become a serviceable corner.

I believe he has finally crossed the serviceable corner threshold!
  • Satin
  • 11-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Well that's true, but "serviceable" compared to the other slackers we have back there isn't saying much for him. I have to remind you also BT you stated that Dopey was an "elite" QB...I begged to differ....we all see how that turned out...he's now a high-priced backup to an undrafted rookie....

But all kidding aside BT, I have always thought KJ was a good tackler, but his coverage skills are still lacking. Yes, he's much better (how could he possibly get worse) but he still gets toasted quite a bit...

Come on Don, quit hating on my boy Case. Give him a shot and a chance. He can't do worst than Dopey right? Man next time we meet I'm going to bring you a full hour of tape on Case so you can see him in action...same place as last time....deal?
Brother, on my last phone I had, I'd say more than half the videos I had were of Keenem, Micheal Hayes, and Charles Sims beasting on dudes from UH. Case was probably my all time favorite guy to watch in college only behind Kellen Moore. I love the dude, but I can't just buy into his stock just yet, maybe in a few weeks that all changes, but I'm not sure.

The idea that this guy has been on our team for the last year and a half and is this good as what we are seeing right now is a little too much for my tiny brain to comprehend. Kubs is a former QB, there has to be something he knows that the rest of us don't know, or haven't seen yet, there has to be a reason he was on the bench this whole time....

I just hate the fact that this is happening this year of all years. Tomorrow night Oregon will be playing at Stanford. The guy who will most likely be the number one overall pick will be in that game, Marcus Mariota, I've been on his bandwagon for a while, if you and everybody just take some time to see what this dude has to offer, as awesome as Case is, I think y'all will be feeling me on wanting us to lose out to potentially get his ass.

Oregon is double digit favorites for this game tomorrow, but I actually think there will be a decent chance they will lose....Nevertheless, Mariota will still have a great opportunity shine on a big stage, and I think he will.

Now it's unlikely that we will get the first pick, but even if we don't, I still like the next 2 QB's who will be drafted after him: Teddy Bridgwater and Johnny MotherFucking Football. How much better are these other two guys than Case? I have no idea, but I have an idea of what those guys will bring to the table, where as Case is still just a gigantic mystery to me. I just need to see him in more games.

Regardless, you know I'm DOWN for some film study of Case, same time same place!