NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Well that's true, but "serviceable" compared to the other slackers we have back there isn't saying much for him. I have to remind you also BT you stated that Dopey was an "elite" QB...I begged to differ....we all see how that turned out...he's now a high-priced backup to an undrafted rookie.... Originally Posted by Satin
Bro, you have a clear case of selective memory!

As it relates to Schaub, during the 2011 season my comments consistently were that Schaub was a top 10 NFL qb. I never claimed he was one of the 3-4 "elites." At the time of his season ending injury in 2011, he clearly was a top 10 qb and that level of play continued through the first half of the 2012 season. Hindsight being 20/20, he has not been a top 10 qb since the Chicago game of last year. And I have not made a claim that he was still a top 10 qb since the end of the 2012 season.

On the other hand, your remarks about KJ during the 2011 season was that the Texans should immediately cut him. I said not so fast, he had growing room and could possibly develop into a serviceable starter at some point in his career. I believe KJ has clearly attained serviceable starter status. Hopefully, he will continue to elevate his game even further. But that remains to be seen! All things considered, I am glad we did not cut KJ in 2011, as you repeatedly suggested!
As an extension to my previous post, I am absolutely thrilled that a Coog is getting his chance to be the Texan's starting qb. I hope Case continues to be our starter for the remainder of the season and for many years to come. By the same token, I am now more convinced than ever that TJ Yates will never be any more than a back up NFL qb. And furthermore, I am equally as convinced that Schaub's time as a starting NFL QB has come and gone!

Let's find out what Case can do! I am not yet 100% convinced that Keenum will be the Texan's long-term answer. However, I sincerely believe that he has some serious, serious upside. By him continuing to start we should have a much better idea by draft day 2014 whether he will figure into the Texans long term plans. If not, there are a number of qb's available in next years draft that the Texan's should seriously consider using their first pick on. I hope they will not need to do so!

Eat 'em up, Case!

What say you, Gator?
  • Satin
  • 11-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Bro my memory is just fine...but even with that, no one else ever thought he was a top 10 QB either. (As you repeatedly suggested) I'm just glad this is finally happening so there will be no more raving about him. He's doing exactly what he should be doing...which is carrying a clipboard. Most of us just feels happy he's on the bench now where he belongs.

As far as KJ, I would agree he got put in a tough spot as a rookie. He has improved, but still gets torched quite a bit. Our whole secondary is shit, so it doesn't matter how many times he gets beat..they all get beat. And yes, I wish he was gone, but he's not, so all his missed assignments and penalties he causes us will have to be endured, so there's no point debating it.

I agree about Case. Let the Coog see what he can do. It's his team right now so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Ok Don, you're on bro....lets go, I'm ready..but this time I'm eating steak....
Bro my memory is just fine... Originally Posted by Satin
So, you seem to be backing away from your previous allegation that I claimed Schaub was a top 3-4 "elite qb!" Welcome back to my world!

As it relates to someone with a severe case of selective memory, your "memory is just fine."
Everyone Knows my feeling on Case.
I've believed since they signed him that he would end up starting for the Texans. I wan't sure of the events that would lead up to the happening but I was sure that they knew they had someone special. I know he can be a starting NFL QB. I've seem so many times over the years what he can do. He's also very "football smart", he can read defense and reciever routes much better than TJ or Shaub. When he wasn't drafted, I heard all knid of shit about poor arm strength and playing in a gimick offense, too short ....etc.... I think he's proven all that to be wrong. Now whether he stays at starting QB for the Texans after this season or goes on to whip our ass with some other team remains to be seen, As I've said before, he will only get better with reps...provided the coaches let him play and don't hold him back.
  • Satin
  • 11-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Dude, I just said your allegation he was a top 10 QB was ridiculous and you were the only one who thought that. My memory is great, we're just glad we don't have to listen to your nonsense about that loser anymore. He's on the bench where he belongs. That I do know....

Gator, I agree 100%...
All I remember is that BigTex had a raging hard on for a three way with Kubes and Dopey!! He wanted to suck em all. In fact he was almost constantly using his patented Coog Tri Finger Butt hole tickle everytime he talked about his boy Dopey, he was delearious with Butt hole delight.

Now I have used the Tri Finger Tickle while watching first half performance of Case and I have to admit that is fun, but because of Kubes, Dennison, Wade and mother fucking Marciano, the Tri Finger Tickle just turns into a stinky ass hand in the second half!!

I hope BT continues his Coog Tickle and Case continues to play well because if that Brain Fart of a coach comes back and Case fucks up you know Dopey will be right back in there throwing pick 6's like a mother fucker.

On a serious note, What do you guys think about Kubes coming back? I am afraid this episode might save his job. Kinda like a starter doesn't lose his job to injury, a coach doesn't lose his job because he strokes out. Fuck that, Clean house and get rid of all these mother fuckers!! At least kick the Cabana boy upstairs to help Long Dong Rick Smith with the decisions, well no, fuck that send em all packing!!!

Ok Don, you're on bro....lets go, I'm ready..but this time I'm eating steak.... Originally Posted by Satin
Hell yeah, save the salad for Dopey! LoL
Dude, I just said your allegation he was a top 10 QB was ridiculous and you were the only one who thought that. My memory is great, we're just glad we don't have to listen to your nonsense about that loser anymore. He's on the bench where he belongs. Originally Posted by Satin

All I remember is that BigTex had a raging hard on for a three way with Kubes and Dopey!! He wanted to suck em all. In fact he was almost constantly using his patented Coog Tri Finger Butt hole tickle everytime he talked about his boy Dopey, he was delearious with Butt hole delight. Originally Posted by Daddio
Good to see the Frick and Frack Show is still entertaining us! Keep up the good work guys!

Frick, please keep Frack as far from that damn ledge as you possibly can!
Dude, I just said your allegation he was a top 10 QB was ridiculous and you were the only one who thought that. My memory is great, we're just glad we don't have to listen to your nonsense about that loser anymore. He's on the bench where he belongs. That I do know....

Gator, I agree 100%... Originally Posted by Satin
When Bro made the claim that I was "the only one who thought that," I seemed to have a slightly different recollection. I randomly selected pages 13-15 of this thread and went back and read them once again. It turned out those pages were just prior to Schaub's season ending injury in 2011.

It seems as though I was not as alone as Bro would have liked for me to be.

Oh well, perhaps we can start working on improving Bro's lapse of memory issues during the off season!
A little surprised Mariota struggled tonight on the big stage, despite Oregon being big favs, I thought the game was pretty much a pick'em. So in Tajh Boyd's biggest game of the year against FSU- he was terrible, Teddy Bridewater was average against UCF, meanwhile the guy in my avatar put up 600 yards on offense against Alabama...
I don't know why Oregon can't seem to beat Stanford...if it wasn't for them they may have played Alabama the last two years lol
After seeing what I saw tonight, as well as last year. I think Bama would have CRUSHED this Oregon team in either year. Oregon had an awesome, awesome run. But I think it's over now, they can't just do this offensive crazy shit and not play with defensive physicality, or else they will never be in the big game.

It was fun while it lasted. Maybe Baylor is the new Oregon?...Baylor looked goooooood tonight, real good. And they can actually play a little D.
Yes, Baylor did look good. Their schedule doesn't get easier though. If they run the table they might have a shot...
I fully expect them to run the table, but I don't think you can deny FSU. They are just killing teams this year, highly ranked teams as well.

Shame we have no playoffs this year. Bama, FSU, Baylor, Ohio State- would have been perfect...