What is your definition of Energy Independence

• Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 11:30 AM
I asked you to find a post of mine stating I support Putin.

You provided a quote where I was in fact making fun of you faith in lustylad's beliefs. So still nothing...you got nothing because there is nothing. There had to get that out first. Originally Posted by WTF
Let's look at what happened.

You said:

Quit listening to lustylad. that emotional no nothing will have you joining the Ukraine army! Originally Posted by WTF
I replied:

And what are you trying to get at about LustyLad and the Ukraine army? You're really flip flopping around. You're sounding like a Putin supporter, which is out of character since you've traditionally been on the side of those who are just and true, the Kurds for example. Originally Posted by Tiny
You were pointing out LustyLad's on the side of the Ukrainians earlier in this thread, and were clear you were too. Then you imply that's a bad thing. Strange since you're on the same side of the issue as LL.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 12:26 PM
Let's look at what happened.

You said:

I replied:

You were pointing out LustyLad's on the side of the Ukrainians earlier in this thread, and were clear you were too. Then you imply that's a bad thing. Strange since you're on the same side of the issue as LL. Originally Posted by Tiny
Your assumptions on my implication is where you were mistaken. I would argue, yet another example of being influenced by lustylads nonsense.

What you quoted me saying was basically my way of saying/joking that listening to an idiot like lustylad is dangerous. Unless you do not think being a soldier in Ukraine is dangerous at the moment.

It would be like taking driving instructions from a blind man.

It was a joke, not a threat or any type of endorsement of Putin. Fuck Putin. That is one thing you, I and shit for brains agree on.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 12:40 PM

I'm simply perplexed why you believe there's "0" chance fracking will be banned in the U.S.A. when it's been banned or regulated out of existence in California, New York, and a number of European countries. California, and come to think of it the United Kingdom, are worth highlighting because oil and gas was significant to their economies.

. Originally Posted by Tiny
Why are you perplexed? Our citizenry demand cheap oil.

Gasoline jumps to 10 dollars and those Republicans politicians in Florida will have no trouble convincing their citizens how much an oil rig enhances the beauty of their with sandy beaches...in fact those California Democrats will be fracking along the San Andreas fault line.

Thems the Realpolitik concerning oil drilling.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 12:55 PM
Pat Buchanan wing? More utter bull shit. I'm the biggest free trader on this board. I've taken a lot of flack for that. LustyLad's not as dogmatic as I am, but certainly wouldn't propose, say, doing away with the Keystone pipeline, or banning exports of oil like some stupid Democratic Congressmen want to do:

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/22/i...ats/index.html Originally Posted by Tiny
As Reagan would say...There you go again.

We can still trade with Canada...they are shipping oil down here by rail as we speak.

The conundrum for the greenies is that people only agree for environmental measures as long as it does not effect their pocketbook too bad. But the price of gasoline has to be high to justify these green deals at this point. So they will never lower EV Technology and the cost of their raw materials are skyrocketing.

I'll say it again....I could not justify the switch and I drive a big gas guzzling truck.

Maybe WackoKid can weigh in on how he justified going solar. He indicated he had done so.

Just settle the fuck down with your worring about the greenies grabbing control....they can't even gain a majority with in the Democrats! They are very similar to the Trump wing of the GOP. Fucking loons.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 01:40 PM
Did you just call Democrats fucking loons? That's the old WTF I knew, willing to call out both sides.

You actually do make some sense about the probability, at least in the short term, that you and I as investors in energy shares are going to get totally fucked by the environmentalists. But I say only the paranoid survive.

You're not making sense on LL. He's a god. So is CM. Gods of economics. As soon as they're canonized I'll add them to my prayer list. Every night I'll pray to Saint Milton, Saint Friedrich, Saint Ludwig, Saint LustyLad, Saint Midnight and little Murray Rothbard.
Did you just call Democrats fucking loons? That's the old WTF I knew, willing to call out both sides.
Originally Posted by Tiny
with all due respect, you're confused

with his constant claims of being impartial and omniscient

and his claimed stance athwart the political divide

allowing his sage wisdom to pass righteous judgement upon the good, the bad and the ugly,

it is understandable that, given the above and the passage of time, you had in the reaches of your memory the idea wtf did skewer all

but alas, that was farce and never was fact

mere lip service only

when it ever came down to it, his interpretations were in lock-step idiocy with others on the left
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 02:31 PM

You actually do make some sense about the probability, at least in the short term, that you and I as investors in energy shares are going to get totally fucked by the environmentalists. But I say only the paranoid survive.

. Originally Posted by Tiny
Convince me how we are going to get fucked short term?

I will sell and then buy back.

I'm getting close to 10% dividends and am up 20-40% on the purchase price.

I'd seriously think about dumping some of the long term cap gains holdings but you have to swear none of your energy investments were purchased or sold off anything the Porcelain God, lustylad professed

And yes I called the greenies AND the Trump suckers....Loons.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 03:17 PM
with all due respect, you're confused

with his constant claims of being impartial and omniscient

and his claimed stance athwart the political divide

allowing his sage wisdom to pass righteous judgement upon the good, the bad and the ugly,

it is understandable that, given the above and the passage of time, you had in the reaches of your memory the idea wtf did skewer all

but alas, that was farce and never was fact

mere lip service only

when it ever came down to it, his interpretations were in lock-step idiocy with others on the left Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
What I don't get is that he knows the positions of those on the left on energy are bad for the country and, more importantly, bad for his portfolio, given that he's a long term investor in midstream companies. But he still defends them, or at least says they won't do any damage. That's why I theorized WTF has Stockholm Syndrome. Well, the Free Markets Church of Tiny is here to help him if he ever reaches out.

And if he doesn't? Well, how did that bumper sticker go? If you love something set it free, and if it doesn't come back....

Just kidding WTF.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 03:20 PM
Convince me how we are going to get fucked short term?

I will sell and then buy back.

I'm getting close to 10% dividends and am up 20-40% on the purchase price.

I'd seriously think about dumping some of the long term cap gains holdings but you have to swear none of your energy investments were purchased or sold off anything the Porcelain God, lustylad professed

And yes I called the greenies AND the Trump suckers....Loons. Originally Posted by WTF
I don't know anything about the companies you own, but if 70% of your portfolio is in oil and gas midstream companies, or just oil and gas related, offloading some is definitely worth considering.

I don't think we'll get fucked short term. But I'm not exposed as you are, in terms of the percentage of my portfolio in energy related shares.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 03:41 PM
with all due respect
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Usually everything after that means , Fuck off.

Just tell Tiny how you really feel about his opinion

allowing his sage wisdom to pass righteous judgement upon the good, the bad and the ugly, Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yes, even your ugliness gets my sage wisdom.

Luckily for you, I try and not discriminate
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 04:09 PM
What I don't get is that he knows the positions of those on the left on energy are bad for the country and, more importantly, bad for his portfolio, given that he's a long term investor in midstream companies. But he still defends them, or at least says they won't do any damage. That's why I theorized WTF has Stockholm Syndrome. Well, the Free Markets Church of Tiny is here to help him if he ever reaches out.

And if he doesn't? Well, how did that bumper sticker go? If you love something set it free, and if it doesn't come back....

Just kidding WTF. Originally Posted by Tiny
Look at what I highlighted above....now read what I've highlighted below, at least 5 times!!!!

Worrying about the greenies influence on oil is about as time wasting as worrying about a weiner dog impregnating a giraffe.
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 04:11 PM
Usually everything after that means , Fuck off.

Just tell Tiny how you really feel about his opinion

Yes, even your ugliness gets my sage wisdom.

Luckily for you, I try and not discriminate Originally Posted by WTF
Nevergaveitathought and I both have a good bit of experience in the oil and gas business, and as such genuine mutual respect when it comes to what we've been discussing in this thread. Or at least I do for him.

If I recall correctly, you worked for a crude oil transportation company for a year or two, which gives you a better understanding of the midstream oil business than most people. But not a better understanding of the overall oil industry than nevergaveitathought and me. Just as LL and CM are economics gods, nevergaveitathought and I are Black Gold gods (aka Texas Tea gods).
  • Tiny
  • 03-22-2022, 04:13 PM
Look at what I highlighted above....now read what I've highlighted below, at least 5 times!!!!

Worrying about the greenies influence on oil is about as time wasting as worrying about a weiner dog impregnating a giraffe. Originally Posted by WTF
The Free Markets Church of Tiny stands ready to help you understand not only political and economic reality, but also the basics of biology.
  • WTF
  • 03-22-2022, 04:31 PM
The Free Markets Church of Tiny stands ready to help you understand not only political and economic reality, but also the basics of biology. Originally Posted by Tiny
Well I'm sure in the realm of your free market theme....I hope you'll welcome my sermon on the Law of Probability
Well I'm sure in the realm of your free market theme....I hope you'll welcome my sermon on the Law of Probability Originally Posted by WTF

No