Trayvon Martin's Gun and Pot photos

Leave it to a liberal to think in racial terms.......................be sides, isn't Zimmerman black ? Originally Posted by Whirlaway

Come on what black would be named Zimmerman?
  • WTF
  • 06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
WTF, are you Black? Originally Posted by LexusLover
About as black as Zimmerman!
About as black as Zimmerman! Originally Posted by WTF
Not sure, huh?
  • WTF
  • 06-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Not sure, huh? Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm about as sure of my lineage as you are of yours. How about that for a answer.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-bit-racist-0
One conclusion from this study is clear. For most of us, the racist/sexist/ageist inside us may not be a monster of our own making; s/he is not a reflection of who we are, but a reflection of where we've been. Being faster to associate ‘black' with ‘violence' doesn't imply that you are a hardcore racist, it sadly just means you're American.
This conclusion is both reassuring and sad.
Reassuring, because now we can understand why we are all a little bit racist (and sexist, and ageist). And understanding is half the battle against it.

.. the racist/sexist/ageist inside us ... Originally Posted by WTF
One flaw in the discourse is the fallacious concept that people "don't know" ... "so when they deny they actuall are what their accusers are charging" ... many innocent people take that bait in order to appease the accuser and pacify their assaultive attitude ... and psychologists are the worst, because they actually build a BUSINESS on "healing" and "resolving" the fictitious conflicts they dredge up from the denials .. AA is centered around that concept ... that is the step in which one is REQUIRED TO ADMIT their targeted flaw in order to proceed forward to healing the fantasy illness their "counselor" has persuaded them they have even though, and particularly because, they do not think they have the illness or shortcomings with which their accuser has labeled them.

Once the accused acquiesces to the allegations, then the accuser points out to them they have admitted what the accuser has been charging all along. The whole purpose of the exercise is for the accuser to prevail in the discourse with the accused then persecuted and convicted with the admission.

It was not the belief and character of the accused. It was what the accuser wanted the accused to be ... for the benefit of the accuser ... and not the accused.

WTF ... you are poor at what you attempt to accomplish. The stooges with whom you surround yourself buy into your charades, and if that gives you satisfaction, then good for you, but not for them. In the meantime, you should stick with marbles in the sand.

If you feel you are a racist, then deal with it. Don't attempt to group yourself with others in order to comfort yourself. Address your racism and prejudice directly and explore why and how you feel. You are not good and analyzing others ... only accusing them. And that wasted energy detracts from the hard work you have ahead of you to rid yourself of your own fears and anxieties, haunting and dogging you from being a better more productive person in society.

It will take a lot of work, but I have confidence that you will be able to acheive those goals, if they are goals, regardless of your inferior self-image and lack of self-esteem.
  • WTF
  • 06-02-2013, 10:08 PM

WTF ... you are poor at what you attempt to accomplish.

It will take a lot of work, but I have confidence that you will be able to acheive those goals, if they are goals, regardless of your inferior self-image and lack of self-esteem. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I love this on one hand I'm not good at what I attempt to do.......yet you on the other hand can see exactly what the other person needs to accomplish!

You are the only person that can defy human nature, or so you think.
You are the only person that can defy human nature, or so you think. Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not "defying" anything ... just recognizing techniques employed by some who believe they have the capacity to persuade some others of the existence of previously nonexistent character traits in order to prevail in the employing person's goal.....

...whatever it is and however lame and nefarious it may be.

And just saying ... you are not good at it. But you don't know it.
Come on what black would be named Zimmerman? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
The one whose mother married a man named Zimmerman.

"Elementary, my man."
Then he would be half black?
  • WTF
  • 06-03-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm not "defying" anything ... just recognizing techniques employed by some who believe they have the capacity to persuade some others of the existence of previously nonexistent character traits in order to prevail in the employing person's goal.....

...whatever it is and however lame and nefarious it may be.

And just saying ... you are not good at it. But you don't know it. Originally Posted by LexusLover
And you are in classic denial....

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-bit-racist-0
One conclusion from this study is clear. For most of us, the racist/sexist/ageist inside us may not be a monster of our own making; s/he is not a reflection of who we are, but a reflection of where we've been. Being faster to associate ‘black' with ‘violence' doesn't imply that you are a hardcore racist, it sadly just means you're American.
This conclusion is both reassuring and sad.
Reassuring, because now we can understand why we are all a little bit racist (and sexist, and ageist). And understanding is half the battle against it.

Come on LL just admit it. "Hello, I'm LexusLover and I'm a racist....'' "Hello LL..."

Once you admit you're not any more special that anyone else , you can come down off your high horse and see how us commoners get along!
The one whose mother married a man named Zimmerman.

"Elementary, my man." Originally Posted by LexusLover
Then he would be half black? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Zimmerman is hispanic. He was adopted by a white family named Zimmerman.

I believe that Zimmerman also has some black ancestry.

All of which makes WTF's theories about white racism particularly stupid.
All of which makes WTF's theories about anything particularly stupid. Originally Posted by ExNYer
.... expansively accurate ...

Since he is uncomfortable with his own racism, he is obsessed with finding it in other people so he will at least feel as though he is not isolated in his self-misery and guilt.

Notice his rage in his last post. It's on an upward spiral, as his flaws are exposed.
WTF is still stuck in the initial storyline that the press came up with.

I swear the press was actually HOPING for a racial killing.

First there was that disgusting editing job of the 911 phone call that one of the new channels did that cut out a minute of talk in the call. They cut out the part where the 911 operator asked Zimmerrnan what the suspicious guy's race was, but left in Zimmerman's response "I think he is black". It was deliberately cut to make it look like a racist killing.

Even AFTER it was learned that Zimmerman was adopted and was not white, I remember a news commentator describing him as, "George Zimmerman, a white hispanic, accused to killing Trayvon..."

I cannot remember the last time I heard a criminal suspect called "a white hispanic". It is always just hispanic.

But this news channel just HAD to work in the "white" part somehow.

WTF just can't get the first impressions out of his head.
WTF just can't get the first impressions out of his head. Originally Posted by ExNYer
You are too kind.
Zimmerman is hispanic. He was adopted by a white family named Zimmerman.

I believe that Zimmerman also has some black ancestry.

All of which makes WTF's theories about white racism particularly stupid. Originally Posted by ExNYer
George Zimmerman is multi-racial as are most Hispanics (mostly European and native American except where there is African blood like in Brazil and parts of Mexico). Generally, most Hispanics classify as white, though they are not usually Caucasian (or only partly). Also, he wasn't adopted according to Wikipedia - he was born to his Peruvian mother and American father who was of German (though we don't know if 100%) ancestry.

That said race and for that matter country is an artificial cultural construct not supported by DNA or genetics.

His mother supposedly has some Afro-Peruvian ancestry as well so he is probably partly black. If you go by the old southern, "one drop of black blood makes you black" standard then I suppose you could call him black and say that this is black on black violence. Unfortunately that one drop of black blood only worked, even in the South, if you looked black like Obama does. If you didn't look black and had light skin you often "passed" meaning passed as white. It is a confusing mess and especially confuses Conservatives with their penchant for Manichean thinking.

In any case, I thought you were innocent until proven guilty in our country? Or is it that if you are black or a thug you deserve to die unless proven innocent? Whether Trayvon was a thug or wanted to be a thug is immaterial (mostly all that stuff just shows him to be a suburban wanna be like almost any black, white or hispanic teenager).

GZ had means and opportunity so it is up to a jury to decide if he had motive to complete the three necessary elements. It really doesn't matter if the motive was racial or not, I think it only matters if they decide he had fear for his life (did Travon fear for his life and react because of it - we will never know) and used reasonable force. It is obvious he used bad judgment. There might be other mitigating or extenuating circumstances or there might be exacerbating circumstances such as following Travon and initiating a conflict. Again, that is up to a jury to decide based hopefully on evidence we know little or nothing about. IMHO, GZ deserves some punishment for killing an unarmed kid, but that is just my opinion and might not be right under the law, but Travon didn't deserve to be followed and gunned down by an armed adult when he was just armed with Skittles and Iced Tea, period. No matter what was on his phone, in his heart and mind or what he might have done in the future, he did nothing to deserve to be shot and killed that night.