How about them Buccos!!!!!!

... Blimey! ... The batting starts to come-about as the relief
pitching surely continues to shit the bed! ... And the rather
poor management decisions just add to the woes.

As the Dodgers come to visit... Arrrg! ... Stand Firm, Lads!

#### Salty
Big win tonight. Jones with another stellar start. Suwinski came thru with the winning HR. Big Daddy Skenes tomorrow
Another win against the highest paid team. Since 2022, the Bucs are 10/5 against the Dodgers. Go figure.

Skenes was throwing 101 but Chapman was ridiculous

https://x.com/pirates/status/1798524...0AMolspcYxY9QA

103, 103, 103, 104,104,103
I went to my first game in 2 years. Skenes is special. Jones is special. But our lineup looked like JV playing varsity. Size difference is insane. Bottom Line Bob needs to get the cobwebs out of his wallet and find some bats.
I’m not holding my breath.
Reckon they're hitting 29th or 30th out of 30 teams there, Char.

IF the hitting can improve - maybe, MAYBE they can stay on the hunt
for a wild card chance.

##### Salty
Reckon they're hitting 29th or 30th out of 30 teams there, Char.

IF the hitting can improve - maybe, MAYBE they can stay on the hunt
for a wild card chance.

##### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Well, people bitch about Nutting and I get it. But the players bear responsibility too. It looked like their young talent was improving in the last half of last year. They played winning baseball. A reasonable person could expect them to continue to get better. But they regressed this year. Gonzales has been a bright spot. 20 RBIs in 23 games. But Hayes, Reynolds, Cruz, Suwinski and Davis have to get better. They don’t have to be great, just better. With the pitching they have, they can win any playoff series now.

The good news is, they have some stud pitchers in the minors. Maybe they’ll trade one or two for a proven, professional hitter. They’re only 1 game out of a wild card. I hope they don’t wait until the trade deadline. Make a move now.
... Oh, I surely agree on the players, mate... Most of us expected
that the hitting would be better this year as the players got
better accustomed to things. ... And it HAS regressed.
Can't blame management for that. ... That IS on the players.

And Crikey! ... This "players playing BELOW potential" thing
aint just with the Pirates - look at the Penquins and Steelers!

... Mr. Nutting has to add some hitters - and the relief pitching
needs to improve, as it's like "Australian Parliament Roulette"
waitin' every odd-day to see who's the next reliever to shit the bed.

But when we look at the standings table - our lads and their often
crappy brand of baseball are right in the mix! ...

... Let's get the sweep this evening! ...
Raise it. Buccos win 3/0 with another gem by Keller. Cruz hits another bomb.
Another win. They shutout the Twins with relievers. Ortiz has became an effective middle reliever. Tellez, of all people is starting to hit. Gonzales with two stellar defensive plays.
... A new broom sweeps clean - let's put it to good use tomorrow!

#### Salty
I feel good about this team but man do they need some relief help. Guys like Heller and Nicolas shouldn’t be on an MLB roster.
... Well, hopefully there, mate - they can find some better pitching.
But other sides are in the same tacker as the Pirates.
A sad lot of young joeys who need more seasoning to get better.

#### Salty
I feel good about this team but man do they need some relief help. Guys like Heller and Nicolas shouldn’t be on an MLB roster. Originally Posted by pp988894
Well, 2 of their starting pitchers are on the IL. They had to go with a reliever game the day before, which they won 4/0. When they get them back they won’t have to rely on guys like Heller. Bednar has found his form, Chapman too. Holderman is very good. Ortiz can eat middle innings like he did in the reliever game. They need a big bat.
... Raise the Jolly Rodger! ... Our lads outlast the Cardinals!
Strike yer colours and be at the ready Tomorrow! ...

#### Salty
The Cardinal fans gave Skenes a standing O when he left the game. He’s thrown more 100mph+ pitches this year than Strasberg did in his entire career. Think about that. Skenes is special.