The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Chung, if you keep saying hateful things like that against my beloved Cowboys, then we can no longer be BFF's, and you're also off the Christmas card list this year.

Originally Posted by slubby

I hope they have a good season, but realistically I can't see it. It doesn't help my attitude seeing the Rangers fall into 3rd place, and TCU losing the Home Opener. DFW and Sports tends to lead to disappointment (2011 Mavericks excepted).

I hope they have a good season, but realistically I can't see it. It doesn't help my attitude seeing the Rangers fall into 3rd place, and TCU losing the Home Opener. DFW and Sports tends to lead to disappointment (2011 Mavericks excepted). Originally Posted by Chung Tran
It’s funny how things change. Back when I was growing up it was Dallas fans who were entitled, thanks to the Cowboys success in the 70s, and Houston fans who felt snake bit, thanks to all their local teams (especially the Oilers).

Now it’s the Astros who lead a charmed existence and Dallas teams can’t bang their way out of a trash can.
I have noticed this season after season, year after year: Cowboys seems to have a lot of night games on TV.

But I never looked it up.

Today I finally decide to Google it and found results on QUORA, Reditt and many sports and non sports websites saying the same thing.

Cowboys have more TV Primetime games appearances than any NFL team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...y-america-team

If the TV networks had their way., all 17 Cowboys games this season will be on Primetime TV.

This season Cowboys have 6 Primetime game plus their usual Thanksgiving game that is broadcast every year.

That is more than any of the other 31 NFL teams.

Out of the remaining 31 NFL teams, the Chiefs, Bills and Charger are tied with 6 Primetime games.

I don't know how the Cowboys are one of the teams that are always on TV on Thanksgiving Day, it's time to get rid of them and let other teams get their Thanksgiving Day appearances.

This is the reason why the Cowboys will never get to another Super Bowl.

All these primetime games TV apperances are making them feel important when they are not:

it's like rewarding a child for negative behavior when they haven't worked to earn it.

So the Cowboys go into every game with a big head thinking:

they are STILL America's Team,

they are the best,

they don't have to give it 110%,

their opponents are all inferior,

they are STILL America's Team.
I’m surprised you just got confirmation of this. I see it mentioned a lot when tv schedules are released.

What continues to amaze me is when they are coming off a mediocre season and still are at the top of the list. Even at their worst I don’t think I have seen them outside the top 3 in any given year since the networks began offering more than the single Monday night game.
I’m surprised you just got confirmation of this. I see it mentioned a lot when tv schedules are released.

What continues to amaze me is when they are coming off a mediocre season and still are at the top of the list. Even at their worst I don’t think I have seen them outside the top 3 in any given year since the networks began offering more than the single Monday night game. Originally Posted by TinMan
Word, TinMan. The Cowboys have been prime time forever.

I'm back in D-Town permanent in November. The Eagles are my team 'til then. Fair weather Fan? Better believe it.
Cowboys are just that team that people love or hate. There really is no in between. Cowboys are on primetime a lot because they draw the numbers. People want to see them lose.. fans want to see them win. Networks know this and play to the numbers.

I like to consider myself a reasonable fan. Yes, I will always think this is our year... if you dont, what kind of fan are you. You may know your team sucks (like when we had Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, statue man Drew Bledsoe).. you still gotta hope even though in the back of your mind you know nothing is happening that year. This year, I think we can make it into the playoffs.. but if we face the Eagles or 49ers, thats when I am on the edge of my seat. The fan in me says we can win those games.. but history says otherwise... but any given sunday right? I feel our defense will be solid. I think we did improve it this off season. OLine I still think we needed to do some work on it. Running game is going to be interesting to watch. I dont think Pollard can handle the full workload.. hoping Deuce pops off early and gives us a 1-2 punch. I like our WR trio of CD, Cooks and Gallup. I think Gallup will need to prove he can still ball like he did before his injury. This is a prove it year for him. And then there is Dak. I still believe he is a good QB. Turnovers last year was not his normal thing and hoping he got it out of his system. His clutch gene is what I am questioning. He can put up numbers.. but that doesnt matter when we need you to show up in the close games.. 2 minute drive to win the game.. gonna need you to step up there buddy.
Posting my score prediction before I forget.

Giants 23
Cowboys 17
Chung I hope you’re wrong about the score, but I do have Saquon on my Fantasy team so I need him to score and the Giants lose.
Posting my score prediction before I forget.

Giants 23
Cowboys 17 Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Chung, my prediction is Cowboys 23, Giants 17. Just the opposite.
I have it Cowboys 24, Giants 21
Houston lost 21-9 (3 field goals) to the Ravens.

Houston turnover the ball twice on INT and Fumble.

Yup, gonna be another same old shit season for the Houston Texans.

They are as bad as the Cowboys.
I just turn TV on . Dallas 16 NYG 0. Am I dreaming?

It's alright .

There are 17 more weeks and 16 more games for the Cowboys to lose, piss us off and disappoint us. I'm fairly sure we won't be disappointed .
✭ running on all cylinders early
Did Dac guarantee the ring this year - again?
The Cowboys defense has the giants number, that is for sure.