NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I was thinking "Gee I hope the Jaguars win so we can get a number one pick. But I really don't have to wish, I really think they are capable of losing to Jacksonville.

I hope we can tell if Keenum is good enough to be a starter after this season. because it would be a shame to have to waste your first pick on another QB, knowing that it is never a sure thing that they can make the transition. I would rather pick up Jedavion Clowney, another CB or LB in the second, and then draft a QB to compete with case in the third. And in Free agency and the rest of the draft they need to shore up offensive line. Originally Posted by spear88
I didn't want to straight up call the Jags win to jinx us lol. We're not that good in case you haven't been able to tell from watching this team all season. Jax coach is the defensive co. of the Seahwaks last season, and guess what? They are a decent team this year despite their record, much better than us. It's not that embarrassing for us to lose to them.

As far as Keenum, is he good enough for what?...Be a starter in the league? Do we really want just a good guy right now? Sure we can have him and he can be good, but we have a chance to get somebody GREAT, whether it is Bridgewater, JFF, or Mariota. This is exciting, we can't just dwell on Keenum forever.

I might be the only one who feels this way but I still want the Texans to win! I am a Houston fan minus the fair-weather label.

As for the number 1 pick in the draft. I will worry about our draft position when the season ends. If it happens to be the #1 pick, the #15 pick (or somewhere in between) than so be it!

Go Texans! Originally Posted by bigtex
Love you BT but Fuck that. There is a huge difference in the 15th pick and the 1st pick, I'm a coog as well, love Keenum, but we have to embrace the fact that we can turn this franchise around as soon as next year
This is bullshit they don't care anymore getting pushed around by Jacksonville Originally Posted by jstone420
Watch Kubiak put Schaub back in.

Actually it wouldn't matter whose at QB, the O-line is straight trash. Originally Posted by kerwil62
True. And us sucking right now is a good thing!

Texans in running for first pick! Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yessir!
Two sorry muthafuckers Atlanta an texans thats a shame Originally Posted by jstone420
Shit happens, this is a blessing for both teams. No need to go Cornhiolio right now!

Guys, we can and will turn around. Our team suck as a whole, but a strong draft can turn that around along with coaching changes. And guess what? COLTS AIN'T THAT GOOD. With our soft schedule we will have next year. We will be back, bet the Fucking farm on it.

We still got Watt, we still got Dre, and we can get pieces, that's easy part, the hard part is finding the great players, all we need is good players, and our first pick will be A GREAT PLAYER.

You guys need to chill the fuck out and embrace this, we are lucky, not every team can have the chance to get the opportunity that we have! We right now are the Colts two years ago, and even though I said they aren't that great they are at least GOOD now, and look at the Chiefs last year, they were in the same position that we are in right now. The sky is falling now, but you guys just got to believe and grind it out, yeah this season sucks, but we have years of greatness potentially ahead.

We are going to clean Fucking house this year, this is the best thing that could have ever happened to our team. Being a 5 win team would have been the WORST thing that could have happened to us.

We are the worst team in the league right now, and we are on our way to get the first pick. Embrace it!!!
You sure are one optimistic dude, The Don! You and your unbridled enthusiasm for the Texans' future, in the light of such a dismal season, sort of remind me of an old line that was used in the 'Sopranos' when one time someone was feeling sorry for Tony's crazy mother and old Junior Soprano said ""She could fall into a septic tank and come up holding a gold watch in each hand."
Waiting for daddios comments
Waiting for daddios comments Originally Posted by Long nose
Amen to that!
TheDon, drafting a quarterback is a problem. Because you have hot shit for a front line. So unless it is someone like Manzell who can run around. Then you end up with another David Carr situation. I. Would rather get a better frontline, another pass rusher, and a linebacker. Then if the Qb you have is not good enough you go for that the next year.
TheDon, drafting a quarterback is a problem. Because you have hot shit for a front line. So unless it is someone like Manzell who can run around. Then you end up with another David Carr situation. I. Would rather get a better frontline, another pass rusher, and a linebacker. Then if the Qb you have is not good enough you go for that the next year. Originally Posted by spear88
Great QB's in the league can get it done with shitty o-lines. Look at Russell Wilson this year when TWO of his pro-bowlers were out. Luck had the same problems, only his team now sucks cause they have no one to throw to with Wayne gone. Peyton and Brady constantly have issues, but they have such quick releases it's never an issue. Great QB's don't allow lineman to be a problem, they find ways to adjust.

And we have Duane Brown is great, Myers has had a bad year, and Ryan Harris is okay, we can just plug in guys if we get a great QB.

Look at last year's two top picks in the draft, they were absolute not deserving to go one and two, it's not a lock just cause you get an O-lineman they will be great. Getting a QB would be much smarter in the draft.

The best passrusher is Clowny, best LB is Barr. Both are a little overatted in my opinion. Would rather just go QB.

We do need passrushers and a defense though, I will not argue that at all But what's the point loading up on defensive guys if our offense willl continue to suck??

We need to fix the offense first, then go after the defense, that's almost how all the great teams are doing it now. QB is the most important position in the sport, we will not go anywhere until that is fixed.

Also, the protection issue will be somewhat resolved once we get a Fucking running game going again, that has been a major reason why shacub and Case have hauling ass so much behind the line of scrimmage.
My thoughts for next year:

1. Almost everyone goes, Gary, Wade, Matt, not sure about Rick Smith as he brown noses McNair so much.
2. Team drafts a QB, I just hope we get someone in here who knows what he is doing. Personally I think the one from Oregon is better than Bridgewater.
3. With the right people in the right places we could bounce back pretty fast.
4. The most important pick is going to be the one in the second round. We have to nail the first 3-4 rounds. Have to nail them good and I just don't think Rick Smith can do it which is why I hope he is replaced.
Hey, DED, I'm ready to bestow upon the Broncos the title of All Star Chokers after that Sunday night debacle!
Watch they draft the wrong muthafucker someone they don't need that team is bad .need more depth an play makers
Hey, DED, I'm ready to bestow upon the Broncos the title of All Star Chokers after that Sunday night debacle! Originally Posted by Solemate62
I had a bet with a stupid Pats fan and at halftime he emails me and asks can we rescind it...I was HELL NO!!!

I should have let him, fucking Peyton Manning and cold weather just don't mix
The first thing the Texans need is a new coaching staff and you can't get that with the #1 draft pick.

I had a bet with a stupid Pats fan and at halftime he emails me and asks can we rescind it...I was HELL NO!!!

I should have let him, fucking Peyton Manning and cold weather just don't mix Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Well they're fucked because at home or on the road in the playoffs they'll be playing in cold outdoor stadiums.
Happy Thanksgiving muthafuckas!!!! LMAO!!!!

http://profootballmock.com/facebookc...failure-feast/
There's still no one on here that is still rooting for us to win, right? Originally Posted by TheDon
Love you BT but Fuck that. There is a huge difference in the 15th pick and the 1st pick, I'm a coog as well, love Keenum, but we have to embrace the fact that we can turn this franchise around as soon as next. Originally Posted by TheDon
Don, until you can provide a compelling argument that me "rooting" against the Texans is the only thing separating victory from defeat, I am going to continue "rooting" for the Texans to win (not lose) each and every game. No if's, and's or buts!

As I said previously, I am a Houston Texans fan. (It should be noted that as it relates to me personally, the phrase "fair-weather", does NOT precede Houston Texans fan.)

That's just the way I roll! And I always will!
Don, until you can provide a compelling argument that me "rooting" against the Texans is the only thing separating victory from defeat, I am going to continue "rooting" for the Texans to win (not lose) each and every game. No if's, and's or buts!

As I said previously, I am a Houston Texans fan. (It should be noted that as it relates to me personally, the phrase "fair-weather", does NOT precede Houston Texans fan.)

That's just the way I roll! And I always will! Originally Posted by bigtex
I never implied that any of us rooting for them to either succeed or to fail has any impact on how they play, that's silly.

All I was saying is that we should want them to lose in order to get the highest pick, there is tremendous value with each higher pick.

If you want to continue to root for them and hope they win out, that's your deal, more power to ya. I don't have anything against it.

Regardless, the fact that we are playing the Pats, Broncos, Colts, assures us that we can only get 4 wins at most. And that's only if we can win @ Tennesee and @Jacksonville. Personally, I'm still predicting that we lose out like I said after the Colts loss.

Don't see what the difference is between 2 wins and 4 wins. I'd rather have us just lose out, and i think that's what the majority of fans are rooting for as well at this point.

We'll see how it plays out. But I like our chances!
They need to win fuck a high draft pick you better hope they don't draft David carr brother