When Will You Get The COVID19 Vaccine?

According to Dr. Fauci, herd immunity is 60%.

And you can wait it out, if you socially isolate, not just distance.

I've hardly gotten out of bed in the last two weeks.

I never got vaccinated out of sheer laziness.

I'm also 100% protected from COVID for the same reason.

AND I stimulate the economy by purchasing random shit off the internet.

So, if anyone should be "holier than thou," it's me.

Even the vaccinated can potentially spread COVID.

I'm not spreading shit.
According to Dr. Fauci, herd immunity is 60%.

And you can wait it out, if you socially isolate, not just distance.

I've hardly gotten out of bed in the last two weeks.

I never got vaccinated out of sheer laziness.

I'm also 100% protected from COVID for the same reason.

AND I stimulate the economy by purchasing random shit off the internet.

So, if anyone should be "holier than thou," it's me.

Even the vaccinated can potentially spread COVID.

I'm not spreading shit. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
You need a B12 shot not a vaccine.
Dr. Devi Sridhar, who holds the Chair of Global Public Health at the University of Edinburgh, was on the Fareed Zakaria show yesterday. She said some researchers believe the level to reach herd immunity may be 98%, because of the spread of the highly infectious Delta variant.

If that's true, the choice is simple. You can choose to get the vaccine or you can choose to get the disease. You're probably not going to be able to wait it out until everyone else has gotten vaccinated or infected. This is a no brainer. Originally Posted by Tiny
The unstated part about the newest variant which is generally true of all variants of virus, that even though it is more infectious, it is also less deadly.

There's a reason they aren't telling you that and it's not so that you'll stay calm...
You need a B12 shot not a vaccine. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I take vitamins, hoss.
  • oeb11
  • 07-26-2021, 05:17 PM
fareed zakaria is a wapo and xinn shill - and his 'expert' - and even teh CDC - has no exact idea what percentage of people with Wuhan virus antibodies is required for 'herd immunity" - it just a guess.

In addition - we have no idea how many people have been infected and recovered - and treated with vaccine worldwide.

And no idea whether those who have antibodies from previous infection with Wuhan virus should be vaccinated or no.

Even the tests suffer from a poorly understood rate of false negative and false positive

It is reminiscent of teh blind leading the deaf and carrying teh crippled.
I take vitamins, hoss. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
So do I but I move around a lot.
Several pinches of snuff a day is better than any vitamins or vaccinations.
  • oeb11
  • 07-26-2021, 06:21 PM
WD - 'spit tobacco' - particularly used with alcohol, is a potent carcinogen.
Please consider giving it up , If you use such.
  • Tiny
  • 07-26-2021, 06:44 PM
WD, while you’re at it get rid of the fried pies. They’ll clog your arteries. And get the vaccine.

Seriously, Oeb’s got a point. Every time I see my dentist or hygienist, I ask her to check for oral cancer. That’s because I eat a lot of pussy, which can give you cancer (hpv). You as a snuff dipper are at higher risk than most people. I’ve got a buddy who had oropharyngeal cancer and his life has gone to shit. He can’t eat solid food or talk where you can understand him. If that happens your career as a lady’s man will be shot and I’ll have to find another wingman for the DC trip.
  • oeb11
  • 07-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Tiny is exactly correct - oropharyngeal cancer is a nightmare for patients.

Best prevented - Please ditch the spit tobacco.

fried pies - as long as not McDonald's - and in moderation -

get an antibody test before you get teh vaccine - if it is positive for antibodies - you don't need teh vaccine.

Tiny is right about Human papilloma virus and oropharyngeal cancer - it is thought to be a major cause of teh rising incidence of Oral cancer - particularly in younger peoples.
Fried pies in moderation.

I like that
  • Tiny
  • 07-26-2021, 08:40 PM
fareed zakaria is a wapo and xinn shill - and his 'expert' - and even teh CDC - has no exact idea what percentage of people with Wuhan virus antibodies is required for 'herd immunity" - it just a guess... Originally Posted by oeb11
Well, Zakaria is an extreme Democratic Party partisan behind an intellectual facade, like Paul Krugman. That said, do you really have an argument with my point, that getting the vaccine is a no brainer?

This is semi-related to your post, about herd immunity and whether it makes sense to get vaccinated if you've been infected -- I think you might find it interesting,

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n394

You have places where 70%+ of the population already tests positive for COVID antibodies, and then COVID goes on a tear and infects a lot more people.
You can snort snuff, so you're good.
So do I but I move around a lot. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I fast so I don't have to move around a lot.

My job is to sit on my ass, anyway.

I don't do shit.
  • Tiny
  • 07-26-2021, 09:33 PM
You can snort snuff, so you're good. Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
You’re confusing snuff with cocaine. These days people mostly dip snuff, at least around where I live. Although my grandmother did used to snort it.