What is your definition of Energy Independence

• WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 06:53 AM
Me, you , Jethro and Mark Twain all seem to agree....it is the most beautiful place in the world.

I think Edgewood is as beautiful as Pebble Beach and at half the price. Saw a black bear on number 4 one time. Used to see your hero Trump during his Stormy fucking days at the old Century tournament at Edgewood. 17 and 18 are great holes with that lake as a backdrop.

I'd probably be retired up there now if my folks hadn't gotten the dreaded dementia.
sorry about your folks

thats one benefit of being an orphan, you get the pain over first
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 08:06 AM
sorry about your folks

thats one benefit of being an orphan, you get the pain over first Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Lol...I know that should not be funny but it is a good point.

Thanks btw...it is what it is.

Frustrating part of life...almost as frustrating as talking to a couple of jug heads that fancy themselves energy experts on a hooker board.
he doesn't care if you like or hate his nonsense, just please please please don't ignore it Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by lustylad
You're just mad because I've pointed out our production is price dependent and not quota driven as you and Tiny seemto continually imply and that Trump is about as responsible for energy independence as you are for heterosexual intercourse.
Alex makes more sense than you do.

• Tiny
  • 03-23-2022, 12:10 PM
You're just mad because I've pointed out our production is price dependent and not quota driven as you and Tiny seemto continually imply and that Trump is about as responsible for energy independence as you are for heterosexual intercourse. Originally Posted by WTF
???? That's insane. Of course our production is price driven. We've never implied that it's not, or that it's quota driven.

The Texas Railroad Commission and other state regulatory bodies may regulate maximum production rates to prevent waste and to keep one operator from taking advantage of others producing from the same reservoir. But we haven't had quotas to keep the price up for a long, long time. OPEC and Russia do have quotas for that purpose though, which indirectly affect our production because they affect the price of oil.
OPEC and Russia do have quotas for that purpose though... Originally Posted by Tiny
Yeah, and they are more honored in the breach than the observance, as happens with most cartels.
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 12:18 PM
???? . . OPEC and Russia do have quotas for that purpose though, which indirectly affect our production because they affect the price of oil. Originally Posted by Tiny
By George, now you're starting to get it!!!!!

Let's try now and put all this together.

Our production is driven by price , the greenies have very little actual influence over our overall production but OPEC and Russia do much more so by their ability to coordinate their oil production.

To recap...Russia and OPEC have much more to say on our production levels than any President or greenies.

Yet Russian disinformation spread on social media could lead some of you to believe the opposite is true.

Like I said...energy independence means something different viewed under that light.

Realpolitik light
By George, now you're starting to get it!!!!! Originally Posted by WTF
Spare us your phony condescension. You're the one who doesn't get it!

Alex makes more sense than you do.

now that post and thinking about wtf is funny
It’s being reported today that Europe is still buying oil and natural gas from Putin.

Just think, if that idiot Biden hadn’t demoralized our fossil fuel industries with his asinine executive orders, they would be buying from us, rather than giving Putin more cash to buy weapons to kill Ukrainians.
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 03:18 PM
Spare us your phony condescension. You're the one who doesn't get it!

Aren't you the silly SOB that thinks we having "energy independence " means that helps keep Russia in check....while we are energy independent and Russia starts yet another war?

So you and other did not even know that we were currently energy independent.

Look, Tiny may fall for your " lustylad can prove he is a straight great economist by sucking our dicks" bullshit but I can see through to your partisan parroting.
  • WTF
  • 03-23-2022, 03:42 PM
It’s being reported today that Europe is still buying oil and natural gas from Putin.

Just think, if that idiot Biden hadn’t demoralized our fossil fuel industries with his asinine executive orders, they would be buying from us, rather than giving Putin more cash to buy weapons to kill Ukrainians. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Our energy sector does not invest based how they "feel".

You sound like a Russian bot.
Look, Tiny may fall for your "lustylad can prove he is a straight great economist by sucking our dicks" bullshit but I can see through to your partisan parroting. Originally Posted by WTF