NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Lock, we're number 1!
Are you sure it's a lock? If we win next week and Washington loses we would still get the pick?
So, are they a lock now for the first pick or do they have to lose next week to clinch it? Originally Posted by Solemate62
Houston will get the #1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft with a loss at Tennessee next Sunday or a Washngton win at the Giants.

St. Louis (due to the trade with Washington) will get the #1 pick if Houston wins at Tennessee and the Redskins lose to the Giants.
Holy crapola - Arizona beat the SeaBirds in Seattle! The a Ravens are being humiliated at home, 34-7 and the hapless Giants beat the Lions in Detroit! Chiefs lost at home to a dome team, the Colts and looked bad in the loss! WTF!
Holy crapola - Arizona beat the SeaBirds in Seattle! The a Ravens are being humiliated at home, 34-7 and the hapless Giants beat the Lions in Detroit! Originally Posted by Solemate62

How could you forget....

The Steelers just won!!!!!!
How could you forget....

The Steelers just won!!!!!! Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Ha ha ya beat me to it DED!!
Houston will get the #1 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft with a loss at Tennessee next Sunday or a Washngton win at the Giants.

St. Louis (due to the trade with Washington) will get the #1 pick if Houston wins at Tennessee and the Redskins lose to the Giants. Originally Posted by bigtex
Even if St. Louis gets #1 they need to fill other positions other than QB and will not be taking one. Also I do not see anyone in the draft that is graded so high that people are willing to move up to #1, ain't going to happen. Clowney is suppose to be this big stud so why was he so easily handled this year. If colleges can come up with a blocking plan to neutralize him then he might not be worth jumping up in the draft to get him.
Even if St. Louis gets #1 they need to fill other positions other than QB and will not be taking one. Also I do not see anyone in the draft that is graded so high that people are willing to move up to #1, ain't going to happen. Clowney is suppose to be this big stud so why was he so easily handled this year. If colleges can come up with a blocking plan to neutralize him then he might not be worth jumping up in the draft to get him. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I agree that St. Louis will not be going after a qb but if a team is intrigued with Bridgewater, etc. they might be willing to work out a trade with the Rams to move into the top spot to get him.

As for the Texans, I am not convinced they are going after a qb with their #1 pick. If they are not convinced that Bridgewater, etc. is a can't miss prospect, they might consider looking elsewhere with their first pick and wait until their 2nd pick for a qb.
With all the QB's that are staying in college, they might not have a choice but to go with a QB with the first pick.

It's gonna be along process. Senior bowl, combine, etc.
I agree that St. Louis will not be going after a qb but if a team is intrigued with Bridgewater, etc. they might be willing to work out a trade with the Rams to move into the top spot to get him.

As for the Texans, I am not convinced they are going after a qb with their #1 pick. If they are not convinced that Bridgewater, etc. is a can't miss prospect, they might consider looking elsewhere with their first pick and wait until their 2nd pick for a qb. Originally Posted by bigtex
Never going to happen. No one is going to trade up to get Bridgewater, he just does not have the buzz as Luck did. He'll be the first QB taken but no one will want to trade up for him. Who do you think would give up extra draft choices for Bridgewater, no one. Also he is light years better than who will be there in the second round.

Plus NO new coach is going to want into his first year with less than the best at QB. Just not going to happen which is why the Texans will be taking a QB first.
I agree that St. Louis will not be going after a qb but if a team is intrigued with Bridgewater, etc. they might be willing to work out a trade with the Rams to move into the top spot to get him. Originally Posted by bigtex
Never going to happen. No one is going to trade up to get Bridgewater, he just does not have the buzz as Luck did. He'll be the first QB taken but no one will want to trade up for him. Who do you think would give up extra draft choices for Bridgewater, no one. Also he is light years better than who will be there in the second round.

Plus NO new coach is going to want into his first year with less than the best at QB. Just not going to happen which is why the Texans will be taking a QB first. Originally Posted by BigLouie
If you noticed I said Bridgewater, etc., meaning that perhaps there is a team looking at someone other than Bridgewater. If not Bridgewater, perhaps Johnny Football or whomever! Turthfully, I don't profess to have first hand knowledge about the draft philosophy of all 32 teams as it relates to the 2014 NFL Draft. I was merely speculating that at least one of the other teams might have intense interest in one of the QB's eligible for this years draft. If so, they might be willing to move up to get the person they feel might be their can't miss, franchise qb of the future.
Looks like we might have our new coach. I wouldn't mind Bill at all. Exciting hire, actually, I think.
Looks like we might have our new coach. I wouldn't mind Bill at all. Exciting hire, actually, I think. Originally Posted by TheDon
Bill who??? The Penn State guy?
Yes, web pages are reporting the Texans are in serious negotiations with Bill O'Brian from Penn State