NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Seedy
  • 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM
That sucks, he still had that program rolling along. I was hoping he would stay there awhile.
Yes, web pages are reporting the Texans are in serious negotiations with Bill O'Brian from Penn State Originally Posted by BigLouie
If this occurs, I hope he does not suffer the curse of other past coaches who worked under Belechik, and the feeling was they would come to the NFL with all of that Patriots mystique and gobble up loads of wins: Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis made that move and both were dismal failures as head coaches in the NFL and Weis also bombed in the collegiate game! There is this myth that if you were weaned in the Pat's system, you are a shoo-in to be an instant success heading up your own team!!
Yes, web pages are reporting the Texans are in serious negotiations with Bill O'Brian from Penn State Originally Posted by BigLouie
I wonder who will be the first to have an epic meltdown out on the ledge.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...ns-head-coach/
If he could piece the PSU program back together after buttfuckgate he can certainly handle cleaning up Kubes mess.

I like that he is a coach from the Belichik tree. Could be a good hire McNuttles!! Glad it's not Lovie. Rex Ryan would have been good newspaper stuff and D swag.
Why him he hasn't done shit
Because I live in Pgh and it's been reported he's on the Texans short list. Why would he stay at PSU with all the sanctions? He's a pro coach and McNair would be fortunate to hire him. I wonder who WTF has in the Steeler game. I'll bet they score more than 3pts.

Oh, The Steelers just scored a TD. Originally Posted by bambino
I think I predicted this a couple weeks ago. He will be a great hire if he chooses to leave. Which I think he will for this job. BTW. WTF lost his ass on the Steeler game.
For those who did not have the opportunity to see this evening's Russell Athletic Bowl, Louisville (and Teddy Bridgewater) had an outstanding game against Miami of Florida. The final score was Louisville 36, Miami 9.

Should Bridgewater decide to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft, he further enhanced his status as the #1 QB prospect. His final stats were as follows:

35 passes completed in 45 attempts for 447 yards. He had 3 TD passes with no interceptions. He also had a rushing TD.
For those who did not have the opportunity to see this evening's Russell Athletic Bowl, Louisville (and Teddy Bridgewater) had an outstanding game against Miami of Florida. The final score was Louisville 36, Miami 9.

Bridgewater further enhanced his status as the #1 QB prospect, should he decide to declare for the 2014 NFL Draft. His final stats were as follows:

35 passes completed in 45 attempts for 447 yards. 3 TD passes with no interceptions. He also had a rushing TD. Originally Posted by bigtex
He's Ok, Miami ain't what they used to be. The Texans will not take him with the first pick in the draft. Book it.
The Texans will not take him with the first pick in the draft. Book it. Originally Posted by bambino
Bamby, I have no immediate plans to "book" anything. Why should I?

As I am writing this, we do not know if the Texans will even have the "first pick in the draft." Check back in 18 hours!

Even if the Texans end up with the first pick in the 2014 draft, it will probably be May before they make their final decision known.

With all of that said, we do not know with any certainty who the Texans 2014 Head Coach will be. Check back next week!

I will concede that you may end up being correct that "the Texans will not take him (Bridgewater) with the first pick in the draft," if you will concede that you may end up with egg in your face!

One thing you can "book" with 100% certainty:

Time will tell! It always does!
I have been hoping Chris Petersen from Boise State would get a shot, I know he's going to Washington. But he is the guy to keep an eye on for the next big NFL coach.
In a little school like Boise State he's gone 92–12 (.885) w/ Bowls 5–2.

When Les Miles chokes to death on grass or goes the way of Gary Kubiak. I hope he goes to LSU before hitting the pros.

And I was with the people that think trade down for more draft picks, but after watching Bridgewater. I think he should be the next, Brees, Manning, Brady.
Les aint dying soon, he has another national championship up his sleeve. As for the Texans, I would have loved to see rex ryan here for the sheer entertainment value. After having the two most boring coaches in history with capers and kubiac.
. .
And I was with the people that think trade down for more draft picks, but after watching Bridgewater. I think he should be the next, Brees, Manning, Brady. Originally Posted by Landswar
I am not quite ready to go out on a limb and make the claim that Bridgewater will be the next "Brees, Manning, Brady." I won't even try to make the claim that he should be in the same category as Luck, Wilson, Kaepernick and/or RG III. But I will say he was very, very impressive this evening against Miami.

Tonight's game was only the 2nd time that I have seen him play this year. I previously saw Louisville's game against UH a few weeks ago. In that game he was ok, but I did not come away with the feeling that he was anything special.

Tonight, Bridgewater was Something Special! End of sentence!
Bamby, I have no immediate plans to "book" anything. Why should I?

As I am writing this, we do not know if the Texans will even have the "first pick in the draft." Check back in 18 hours!

Even if the Texans end up with the first pick in the 2014 draft, it will probably be May before they make their final decision known.

With all of that said, we do not know with any certainty who the Texans 2014 Head Coach will be. Check back next week!

I will concede that you may end up being correct that "the Texans will not take him (Bridgewater) with the first pick in the draft," if you will concede that you may end up with egg in your face!

One thing you can "book" with 100% certainty:

Time will tell! It always does! Originally Posted by bigtex
Well KoTex, that was a mouthful. Book this, Teddy will not be the first or second pick in the 2014 draft. I am sure I will not have egg on my face. OBrien will be a great choice, and a good QB coach. Maybe the Texans will draft David Carrs brother, he may work out better. I'll check back in May.
David car brother please the texans better do the right thing with that draft pick an his brother ain't the answer get the right coach first