NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

get the right coach first Originally Posted by jstone420
I agree, they first need to focus on getting the right coach. Once they have the new Head Coach in place, they can worry about who they will take with their first pick!
I agree, they first need to focus on getting the right coach. Once they have the new Head Coach in place, they can worry about who they will take with their first pick! Originally Posted by bigtex
Obrien will be your HC, Clowney will be your first pick. I'll probably bat at least 500 on this.
Obrien will be your HC, Clowney will be your first pick. I'll probably bat at least 500 on this. Originally Posted by bambino
You are going to lose on the Clowney guess. The Texans feel all they need is a new QB so they will draft one with the first pick. No way any new coach pegs his first year with what they have at QB and/or a lower round pick. Never going to happen.
Well KoTex, that was a mouthful. Book this, Teddy will not be the first or second pick in the 2014 draft. I am sure I will not have egg on my face. OBrien will be a great choice, and a good QB coach. Maybe the Texans will draft David Carrs brother, he may work out better. I'll check back in May. Originally Posted by bambino
You can book that Teddy will be in the top three. The heavy investment in quarterback Sam Bradford prohibits the Rams from seeking out a signal-caller, so it's worth surrounding him with the best offensive lineman in the 2014 draft class, Jake Matthews from A & M. Matthews will be a Week 1 starter and instant franchise cornerstone, which is now necessary due to Jake Long's torn ACL and MCL and right tackle Rodger Saffold's impending free agency.

Houston and Jacksonville will be the other 2 top 3 picks and both need a QB and bad so expect one to take Teddy and the other to take Johnny.

Jadeveon Clowney will go 4th to the Raiders, MAYBE unless they go for a QB also and if Cleveland drafts a QB then he might slide to 6th Atlanta.
Teddy looked good tonight, no doubt. But that was Miami he played, big numbers were to be expected against that kind of D.

I'm sure Manziel will put up a similar performance against the shitty Duke defense.
I'm sure Manziel will put up a similar performance against the shitty Duke defense. Originally Posted by TheDon
I'm looking forward to watching it!
I doubt that Duke is better team than you think that game will be close Aggies defenses is terrible
1st QTR.

Hou- 07
Ten- 00

Jonathan Grimes 3 Yard Run
Drive info: 9 plays, 63 yds, 5:23

*Houston hadn't scored on an opening drive since. Nov 3rd vs. Ind.*

2nd QTR.

Hou- 07
Ten- 03

Rob Bironas 42 Yard Field Goal
Drive info: 7 plays, 32 yds, 3:36
In the 3rd QTR.
*Schaub throws an INT*

1ST half ended
Hou- 07
Ten- 06
Final

Hou- 10
Ten- 16

*Schaub end the season like he started it. Throwing an INT.
Andre gets 1400 receiving yards & 100 receptions in 5 seasons. Only other person to pull it off Marvin Harris.
JJ gets his 10th sack.
Texans wrap up the #1 draft pick
Glad we took care of business today. Start the season with a Dopey pick, only fitting to end it that way.
Dolphins lose, Ravens lose....

LET'S GO CHEIFS!!!!

Even though they are playing a lot of starters
They sealed the deal today - at least the Texans are good at losing.
Dolphins lose, Ravens lose....

LET'S GO CHEIFS!!!!

Even though they are playing a lot of starters Originally Posted by DickEmDown
So,do you really want to see your 8 & 8 team humiliated in round 1 next week?
Steelers were the first #6 seed to ever win a SuperBowl..all we need is a chance lol

Granted, probably won't happen but I'll take it