NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

WOW...

There should have been a Five Yard Penalty on the Chargers when the Chiefs K missed that 41yd FG, giving him another attempt from 36yds...LOL

Oh well, that's what we get for losing to Raiders and the Titans & Dolphins at HOME
Bengals yes, but quite honestly I doubt we would have beat either Manning or Brady....

Originally Posted by DickEmDown
In shitty weather, I think they could have gotten Manning just like the dirty birds last year. And I think the Pats are just average without Gronk.

And if all else failed, Dick could always tell one his his guys to go low on either one of them lol.

Tough loss for the Cowboys, not a good year for the Texas teams.
A lot of jobs available
They are dropping like flies.
They are dropping like flies. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Yeah, like shit flies!
Garrett should get sacked too but JJ would simply hire another 'yes boy' who also would strive for averageness each season!
Garrett isn't going anywhere. JJ knows "Yessa Master" boys like him are hard to find
Garrett isn't going anywhere. JJ knows "Yessa Master" boys like him are hard to find Originally Posted by BigLouie
Fire the coordinators, rinse, repeat. Jerry's a genius.
Jerry isn't about winning, he's about building a brand.

Why are the Texans in such a hurry to hire a new head coach THIS WEEK?
BTW, like the Cowboys they need to fire the GM.
Jerry isn't about winning, he's about building a brand.

Why are the Texans in such a hurry to hire a new head coach THIS WEEK?
BTW, like the Cowboys they need to fire the GM. Originally Posted by gnadfly
I think the hurry is all about getting the pick of the litter (so-to-speak)!
Why are the Texans in such a hurry to hire a new head coach THIS WEEK? Originally Posted by gnadfly
So we don't get stuck with second's and thirrd's. If we don't get our guy early we're fucked.
So we don't get stuck with second's and thirrd's. If we don't get our guy early we're fucked. Originally Posted by TheDon
Yeah, you may end up with Wade Phillips!
  • Satin
  • 12-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Well, this whole year in the NFL has been a train wreck. I'm glad it's almost over. First, the Texans lose 14 fucking games in a row. Never in my worse nightmare would I think that could happen. Pathetic. And now they are looking to take the cheap way out and hire a college coach? Yea, I know he was an OC in the NFL for the Patriots but fuck that. That sucks. It looks like McNair is content to be average. Oh well, it's his cash so that's cool.

Next, I come in 2nd place in fantasy football in the Icky league here to DED and got 3rd in my other league. FML!! Motherfucking DED, Shittsburgh Steeler fan. I love you bro, but damn that's jacked up.

So here's a few thoughts before I get ready to usher this year out with some fun and debauchery tonight for NYE:

For Don and others: I don't watch nor care about college football but why are there so many damn bowl games? Yes, I would assume money, but damn, it's ridiculous. What do you boys think about Tebow getting a job as an college football analyst? Good move for him? Is he black-balled from the league kinda like VY and Jamarcus Russell seem to be?

How good are Bridgewater and Clowney? From what I'm hearing there are issues with both of them...

What are your thoughts about the Pro Bowl being a draft type game with Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice picking their teams? I can't stand the Pro bowl but this might be interesting.

Finally who's gonna play in New York in February? I think the Seahawks and the Broncos, with the Broncs taking it all. Peyton is the best QB I've ever seen and I don't see them losing.

Happy New Year boys....:nysmilie4 1:
Well, this whole year in the NFL has been a train wreck. I'm glad it's almost over. First, the Texans lose 14 fucking games in a row. Never in my worse nightmare would I think that could happen. Pathetic. And now they are looking to take the cheap way out and hire a college coach? Yea, I know he was an OC in the NFL for the Patriots but fuck that. That sucks. It looks like McNair is content to be average. Oh well, it's his cash so that's cool. Originally Posted by Satin
I don't think it's a good hire but like you say, it's his cash...

Next, I come in 2nd place in fantasy football in the Icky league here to DED and got 3rd in my other league. FML!! Motherfucking DED, Shittsburgh Steeler fan. I love you bro, but damn that's jacked up. Originally Posted by Satin
Go figure, every league I was able to draft Peyton in, I won (3)...although the other two were "free leagues"

Holla at ya Thurs playa, Love you too

For Don and others: I don't watch nor care about college football but why are there so many damn bowl games? Yes, I would assume money, but damn, it's ridiculous. What do you boys think about Tebow getting a job as an college football analyst? Good move for him? Is he black-balled from the league kinda like VY and Jamarcus Russell seem to be? Originally Posted by Satin
I think the ONLY reason for so many damn CFB games is money....

Tebow is DONE, he should have went to Canada to play QB...

How good are Bridgewater and Clowney? From what I'm hearing there are issues with both of them... Originally Posted by Satin
I still think both will go in the first round, probably top ten...perennial All-Pros though,

What are your thoughts about the Pro Bowl being a draft type game with Deion Sanders and Jerry Rice picking their teams? I can't stand the Pro bowl but this might be interesting. Originally Posted by Satin
I like it...I might even watch it this year since it won't be the same old boring game like it's been the past couple of years

Finally who's gonna play in New York in February? I think the Seahawks and the Broncos, with the Broncs taking it all. Peyton is the best QB I've ever seen and I don't see them losing. Originally Posted by Satin
I agree on the Seahawks and Broncos but I'm taking the Seahawks because I think playing in New Jersey out in the elements will favor the Seahawks

Have fun tonight playa...just don't drive anywhere

ESPN just reported that Bill O'Brien has reached agreement to become the Houston Texans new Head Coach.
ESPN just reported that Bill O'Brien has reached agreement to become the Houston Texans new Head Coach. Originally Posted by bigtex