What qualifies someone as a Diamond?

I was told that you can't advertise here if you don't allow reviews...is that true?

If not, I would certainly opt for a no review policy here. I am with the others...I don't think comments should be allowed period. If you want to know something in addition to a guy's 23 page break down, ask him via pm.
  • WTF
  • 01-21-2011, 08:53 AM
This board is a business....it has to weigh what drive profits vs. ever other persons personal interests. To have it run like you ladies want, they would have to raise the advertising rates by 1000x to make up for not guys paying for BCD and then you ladies would not want to advertize because there would be no guys on here to advertize to. To reach a broad market, you have to take the good with the bad. That is not to say that you do not have valid points, they are just not points that sustain a profitable business plan.
Of course the guys don't care, after all you're not the ones who are being reviewed and then often demeaned....

CT- Sure a provider could just choose not to be reviewed, but as a provider, having good reviews gets you more business, makes you established etc....

I simply don't see the point of letting a bunch of random guys, that DID NOT visit with me, write a bunch of raunchy comments....If no one was allowed to comment on a review, hobbyists could still read it if they wanted info on the lady. If they had any personal questions, then a send a PM....

A lot of guys are saying the reasoning behind not letting providers comment on their own reviews is bc there would be too much "drama"....well there is drama in various threads about this issue...
When Groundhog day is over. Would someone please come, and wake me up from my nap.

This board is a business....it has to weigh what drive profits vs. ever other persons personal interests. To have it run like you ladies want, they would have to raise the advertising rates by 1000x to make up for not guys paying for BCD and then you ladies would not want to advertize because there would be no guys on here to advertize to. To reach a broad market, you have to take the good with the bad. That is not to say that you do not have valid points, they are just not points that sustain a profitable business plan. Originally Posted by WTF
I understand what you're saying, but TER doesn't let you comment reviews, and their biz seems to be going just fine, e.com no longer allows comments on reviews either and plenty of people still utilize both sites...Sorry but I'm not buying it....
When Groundhog day is over. Would someone please come, and wake me up from my nap.

Originally Posted by Becky
I hear you Becky. What started out a joke has lasted 27 pages.
Actually, I think both the guys and ladies should be able to comment on all the reviews. It would make the reviews more interesting that's for sure. Originally Posted by pipefitter73
Word! It would also sell a lot of popcorn.
I understand what you're saying, but TER doesn't let you comment reviews, and their biz seems to be going just fine, e.com no longer allows comments on reviews either and plenty of people still utilize both sites... Originally Posted by Valerie

Precisely.

So why comments are allowed on here is like ... wtf?

Not only TER.. bd also doesn't allow comments on reviews..
Actually, I think both the guys and ladies should be able to comment on all the reviews. It would make the reviews more interesting that's for sure. Originally Posted by pipefitter73
No, it makes reviews worthless as the WK's write lovely things about lovely ladies and say nothing that could be construed as derogatory!

I was told that you can't advertise here if you don't allow reviews...is that true?

If not, I would certainly opt for a no review policy here. I am with the others...I don't think comments should be allowed period. If you want to know something in addition to a guy's 23 page break down, ask him via pm. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Yes, that is true. You may have a no review policy but if you do, you may not advertise anywhere on the net and you may not post ads. If you advertise anywhere on the net, you may not have a no review policy here.

I, not Eccie policy here, don't have a problem with comments about a review as I've seen false reviews challenged by other hobbyists and I've seen additional, helpful info attached.
I have 16 forums that I moderate and in none of them do I recall deliberately poor taste or unchallenged untruths. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if it does, it's on the moderator IMHO
I want it I want it I want it ..... 400 lol
Done!
  • WTF
  • 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I understand what you're saying, but TER doesn't let you comment reviews, and their biz seems to be going just fine, e.com no longer allows comments on reviews either and plenty of people still utilize both sites...Sorry but I'm not buying it.... Originally Posted by Valerie
Good thing then, I'm not trying to sell you anything!
  • WTF
  • 01-21-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Becky

Phil: I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piņa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters.
[Ralph and Gus snort]
Phil: *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get *that* day over, and over, and over...
Good thing then, I'm not trying to sell you anything! Originally Posted by WTF
You say most "folks" don't change what's working....

So you consider a lot of providers not happy with the current review protocol "working"? I beg to differ..
The ladies that always carp about not being able to post to reviews and not being able to see the ROS area are guilty of self-interest.
Yes, there are Boards that permit that type of activity BUT those same Boards are practically worthless to hobbyists because only WK's post reviews and then post reviews that never out bad sessions. In fact, they are so ass-kissingly saccharin that it's hard to even read them. Originally Posted by John Bull
But why would anyone write anything about meeeee that is anything less than 100% positive? *bats eyelashes*

It is in my own self-interest to know what someone writes about our time together. If he didn't like something or really did like something, why would I not want that feedback? It's incredibly useful in bettering myself. Additionally, if he writes something that did not occur or reveals private info about me (or himself, I had to ask one gentleman to edit out his OWN personal info, bless his heart), I NEED to know about that so others reading it don't get the wrong impression/stalking material.

On other boards -- TER for example -- on which ladies can see the full content of their own reviews, the WK reviews you posit aren't an issue. I've read plenty that were so-so and many that were less than ass-kissin'. I haven't seen an increased amount of drama on BestGFE because ladies can also comment on their reviews (although I don't frequent the site often, so it may well be that I'm just not around to see it).

Bottom line is, I don't like ECCIE's review format, and while I certainly don't forbid gentlemen to post reviews here, I definitely don't encourage it, either.

Which may be a moot point, considering I get reviewed like once a year anyway.