NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Damn, that was a pretty good presser, very impressed, but it's gonna take more than a presser to do the job. However, I just now learned that John Harris from 1560 played college ball with O'Brien and they were really good friends, that's Fucking crazy, what a small world this is. Highly recommend everyone to read this article, and then watch the video!

Article by John Harris:
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...on-5107383.php

15 minute video breakdown with Lance Zierlien and John Harris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOSyxaw0BA
Yep, he's a smart, no bullshit guy. He'll change the culture there for sure. I'd trade him for Tomlin anyday. Originally Posted by bambino
Damn, that was a pretty good presser, very impressed, but it's gonna take more than a presser to do the job. However, I just now learned that John Harris from 1560 played college ball with O'Brien and they were really good friends, that's Fucking crazy, what a small world this is. Highly recommend everyone to read this article, and then watch the video!

Article by John Harris:
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...on-5107383.php

15 minute video breakdown with Lance Zierlien and John Harris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMOSyxaw0BA Originally Posted by TheDon
The Texan's job will seem like a cake walk for OBrien compared to PSU. Not even close.
  • Satin
  • 01-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Don, before you get too excited, just remember he's saying all the things that EVERY single coach will say when they get a new job. This is not college, so it'll be interesting to see how guys like Andre really feel about a college coach with no NFL head coaching experience. This is not about recruiting college kids, this is the real deal and about managing millionaire egos.

I wish him well but just don't see it. I do like his fiery attitude, sense of accountability and preparation. Kubes was just way too soft and passive.
Totally respect your concerns about him being a college guy, but if he's a massive hit, it will have been worth it. And yeah, any other coach would have been the same way, but I'm gonna drink his koolaid lol. I actually thought Jim Harbough and the Niners were the best team in the league 2 years ago when they handed the G-men the NFC tittle game, I think he's the measuring stick as far as how a college coach can preform in the pro level in year one. I don't know if Brien can do what he did in the first year, but he sounds up for it.

I think Andre is excited. He went off on some coaching staff after that one game where Schaub threw the pick towards him when Dre had about three guys on him, so he's been wanting the change. Now is this the guy he wanted? Who knows, maybe not, maybe so. Same with all the other vets.

I like the vibe I'm getting from him though, not too much of a "Rawr Rawr" guy, just enough of a smug east coast guy. This should be refreshing.

It will be interesting to see if he wants to keep Wade, Personally, I love the dude, but I think it's time for a 100% fresh start from the coaching side.
So, McNair is floating the idea of trading the first pick. You don't go 2/14 by mistake. He needs players. I wouldn't be suprised to see Oakland, Cleve or the Vikings take the bait. If Luck was coming out this year, I wouldn't trade it. But I don't think any of this years QBs are worthy of the first pick.
That's why they will keep losing doing dumb shit. When the last time you heard a decent free agent want to play for the texans trading the pick would be stupid what qbs would you find late in the draft worth picking up
  • ness
  • 01-03-2014, 07:31 PM
This is not college, so it'll be interesting to see how guys like Andre really feel about a college coach with no NFL head coaching experience. This is not about recruiting college kids, this is the real deal and about managing millionaire egos. Originally Posted by Satin
Hereis what he did when Brady made a foolish int.

Further who do you thing is a bigger prima donna, Andre Johnson or Randy Moss? He was the wide receiver coach (and later play caller / quarterback coach) for the Pats for 3 years that Moss was there. IJS

Yea he has had some success in the NFL.
That's why they will keep losing doing dumb shit. When the last time you heard a decent free agent want to play for the texans trading the pick would be stupid what qbs would you find late in the draft worth picking up Originally Posted by jstone420
Your really not that bright are you? They might get draft picks numnuts. Therefore getting a QB and an extra draft pick, or picks. But why try to explain that concept to you. I suggest you break your piggy bank and buy the team. No doubt you'll have them in the Super Bowl next year.
Shit...she's been at the top of mine since last year's CFB Championship game

Couple more for the road...
Attachment 277483 Attachment 277484

Yeah me too, she's like...

What...You know you want to hit this shit????
Attachment 277485 Originally Posted by DickEmDown
They all have an NBA policy ...well all except Winston's girlfriend . LOL
So, McNair is floating the idea of trading the first pick. You don't go 2/14 by mistake. He needs players. I wouldn't be suprised to see Oakland, Cleve or the Vikings take the bait. If Luck was coming out this year, I wouldn't trade it. But I don't think any of this years QBs are worthy of the first pick. Originally Posted by bambino
If they are not going to draft a QB with the first pick they might as well keep Schaub as QB. He is better than what is out there. I don't expect anyone to take the bait and try to move up. If you feel there is no QB worth the first pick then what makes you think another team will feel there is someone worth extra picks to jump up and grab. Honestly I wish McNair would keep his mouth shut. He has no clue. He actually thinks Rick Smith is doing a good job. I guess he never went and tracked his draft choices.
Yeah a dumb rich owner that dont know football that team a joke
They all have an NBA policy . Originally Posted by carkido45

You should know by now that "Policy" means NOTHING
But I don't think any of this years QBs are worthy of the first pick. Originally Posted by bambino
Ok smartass if you don't think there is a QB worthy of the first pick then what makes you think that a team that needs a QB will trade up to take one first. Tell me why a team would give up extra picks for a QB that is not worthy of being taken that high in the first place.
Don, before you get too excited, just remember he's saying all the things that EVERY single coach will say when they get a new job. This is not college, so it'll be interesting to see how guys like Andre really feel about a college coach with no NFL head coaching experience. This is not about recruiting college kids, this is the real deal and about managing millionaire egos.

I wish him well but just don't see it. I do like his fiery attitude, sense of accountability and preparation. Kubes was just way too soft and passive. Originally Posted by Satin
Gotta concur totally with Satin on this - I live right next to the 'Show Me' state and I suppose that some of that skepticism has rubbed off! So we wait and see how this pans out!
Yeah a dumb rich owner that dont know football that team a joke Originally Posted by jstone420
That would be the Dallas Cowboys . LOL