NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Nah bruh....the Bills were down 35-3 right after the start of the 3rd quarter when Bubba McDowell had a pick six.

That will NEVER be duplicated LMAO

I feel ya though, seems like the Colts have all the momentum and the Chiefs are barely hanging on.
Ditka was stupid and the GM of the Vikings was a moron. The same joke always comes up at draft time how teams wish that guy was still around. You may think that Bradford is a bust but the Rams sure don't and got some picks for it. RG3 was the exception, if he was in this draft it would be a lock for the Texans to take him #1. In last year's draft the Rams didn't need him and Washington sure did and rather than lose them then did the stupid thing. This year there are so many above average QBs coming out teams don't need to and won't try to move up. Texans take Bridgewater Ok I'll sit tight and take Manziel, Manziel gone, fine I'll sit tight and take Bortles. Get ready to be surprised. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Thanks for making my point. Teams evaluate talent in different ways. Sometimes they do irrational things to aquire players. Happens all the time. If the Texans were 100% on Teddy, they wouldn't have floated the trade offer. No need to. Bortles or Hundley haven't declared for the draft yet. If both come out, that would change things dramatically.
Nah bruh....the Bills were down 35-3 right after the start of the 3rd quarter when Bubba McDowell had a pick six.

That will NEVER be duplicated LMAO

I feel ya though, seems like the Colts have all the momentum and the Chiefs are barely hanging on. Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Chiefs now playing with third string running back and KC defense is just BAD, CAN NOT stop Any third down play the Colts come up with!

Over....a fucking disgrace, 45-44!
What a comeback by Indy, I felt like they would get it. So many KC injuries....
Luck has had more 4th Qtr comebacks in his first two yrs than any other QB in 2 yrs. Passing yards too. I was still suprised. Few QBs have the juice he does.
Luck has had more 4th Qtr comebacks in his first two yrs than any other QB in 2 yrs. Passing yards too. I was still suprised. Few QBs have the juice he does. Originally Posted by bambino
Anybody still want the Texans not too pursue a QB in the first round ?
I guess his name serves him well " Andrew LUCK " .
Anybody still want the Texans not too pursue a QB in the first round ?
I guess his name serves him well " Andrew LUCK " . Originally Posted by carkido45
I didn't see any Luck involved. BTW, his dad played QB for the Oilers.
What Luck needs is a JJ, Ninja & Clowney triple decker sandwich.

Fuck we need a QB too!!! Ninja could be a salary cap casualty. Jjo too.
I like Chiefs/Egales tonight.
Packers/Bengals tomorrow Originally Posted by TheDon
Damn, I'm 0-2 with you on tonight's games Don....

I got the 49er's and Bengals tomorrow
Damn, I'm 0-2 with you on tonight's games Don....

I got the 49er's and Bengals tomorrow Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Eh, I have no regrets. KC was gutted by injuries, and Philly had there chances, both hard fought games.

Hope to go 2-0 tomorrow to up my record.
Do not know if this is really News but up early as I am, just saw a trailer on the bottom of my screen (NFL channel) that claimed: "McNair is considering trading away the number one draft pick!"
Do not know if this is really News but up early as I am, just saw a trailer on the bottom of my screen (NFL channel) that claimed: "McNair is considering trading away the number one draft pick!" Originally Posted by Solemate62
I have read the same thing, which tells me that the powers that be within the Texans organization are not enamored with any one particular prospect. Apparently, they are considering trading the #1 and moving down a few spots hoping to pick up an additional high draft pick.

It makes sense if they are not convinced that one of this years QB prospects is head and shoulders above the rest.
I have read the same thing, which tells me that the powers that be within the Texans organization are not enamored with any one particular prospect. Apparently, they are considering trading the #1 and moving down a few spots hoping to pick up an additional high draft pick.

It makes sense if they are not convinced that one of this years QB prospects is head and shoulders above the rest. Originally Posted by bigtex
Only one big problem with that. There is absolutely NO talk of anyone being even remotely interested in moving up. All the teams needing QBs have no real reason to move up since there will be plenty to go around. With whispers about Clowneys heart and desire after a lack-luster season when everyone expected him to dominate no one seems to be willing to give up extra picks for him.
Only one big problem with that. There is absolutely NO talk of anyone being even remotely interested in moving up. All the teams needing QBs have no real reason to move up since there will be plenty to go around. With whispers about Clowneys heart and desire after a lack-luster season when everyone expected him to dominate no one seems to be willing to give up extra picks for him. Originally Posted by BigLouie
At this point in time, I am not willing to go out on a limb and predict that "no one seems to be willing to give up extra picks for him." As of today, none of us know (with any degree of certainty) who "him" will end up being. The chances of a trade taking place for the #1 pick of the 2014 NFL Draft in early January are somewhere between 'slim' and 'none'.

For example, the Rams did not work out a deal for the draft rights to RG III in early January. Instead, they waited until just prior to the draft and then weighed all offers before finalizing the deal with the Skins! The same held true a few years ago with the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers deal between the Chargers and the Giants.

I personally believe the Texans will keep the pick and take Bridgewater! But that is just speculation (not a recommendation) on my part. Nothing more!

Let's see if any "pure diamonds" emerge from the Indy Combines (or through free agency) and revisit the likely trade scenarios a week or two before the May Draft.

Eh, I have no regrets. KC was gutted by injuries, and Philly had there chances, both hard fought games.

Hope to go 2-0 tomorrow to up my record. Originally Posted by TheDon
The loss by the Chiefs: It is, I fear, the type of loss that will mentally impact that whole franchise, deep into next season and beyond!

...at least my 'other' team won, that being the Saints - they can now shut up all the pseudo experts that claimed they (NO) can only win at home! Would love to see them stick an upset win deep up Sherman's and Carroll's smug cocky asses next week!