NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I wouldn't take him you don't know much about this dude
I wouldn't take him you don't know much about this dude Originally Posted by jstone420
Didn't they say the same thing about Russell Wilson & Kaepernick?
Just saw this on another page. How wrong some people can be.

Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless

I KNOW what Tebow can do in the NFL. I've seen it over/over/over. I'm not sure what Andrew Luck can do or if he has Tebow's It Factor
we should take Blake Bortles!

Bill Obrien likes big quarterbacks so not sure he takes bridgewater Originally Posted by logitech1
You would have him take someone that scouts are saying is no better than Jake Locker?
Bortles announced he is coming out but don't expect BOB to take him as Bortles has issues. He needs to grow in terms pocket awareness and route progression, his biggest current weakness is inconsistent accuracy. In UCF's bowl game, Bortles threw several passes that forced his receivers to adjust, missing out on yards after the catch, or missed them entirely. Basically he is way behind BOTH Teddy and Johnny. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Bortels was chose ahead of Teddy as the offensive player of the year by the coaches in the AAC. He completed over 65% of his passes. He beat Teddy this year with a 20pt comeback. He completed 66% of his passes against Baylor for 300yds with another 98 rushing. Where did you see Bortels was coming out? I must of missed it. I've seen Trddy play in person, he's pretty good. He reminds me of Geno Smith.
Everyone says that Bortles struggles with accuracy and the last thing I want is a QB that struggles with accuracy. To be honest way too many of his throws remind me of Matt Schaub
Everyone says that Bortles struggles with accuracy and the last thing I want is a QB that struggles with accuracy. To be honest way too many of his throws remind me of Matt Schaub Originally Posted by BigLouie
Who's everyone? Different scouts say different things. Bill Polian says none of these QBs coming out are worthy of the 1st pick. I agree with him. There are legitimate concerns with all of them. Are you sure that Bortels has declared for the draft? Bortes completed 65% this year, Teddy 70%. Both are plenty accurate.
Bet you $1,00 he has declared. Every web page I go to has discussion of his accuracy. In very few drafts do you find any position worthy of being #1 this year is no different. If have first pick and you Need QB guess what you are going to take.
Bet you $1,00 he has declared. Every web page I go to has discussion of his accuracy. In very few drafts do you find any position worthy of being #1 this year is no different. If have first pick and you Need QB guess what you are going to take. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Bortels was 5% les accurate than TB this year. It is what is is. And 65% is plenty good, no matter what the bloggers say. He's bigger and can run the read option offense, something you wouldn't let Teddy do in the Pros. Not because he can't do it, but because he would get injured. I'll give the 5% for the added versatility and size. Kaepernec, Luck, Smith and Dalton ran at least one option play this weekend for good yardage. Cam Newton and Wilson will too. Can you post a link that says Bortels has declared for the draft? I honestly can't find one. Been checking on it.
Just Google Bortles and NFL.
Just Google Bortles and NFL. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I have, only see articles about his stock rising.
  • ness
  • 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Unless one of you tards are B.McNair, R.Smith, or B.O'Brien behind a handle on Eccie, none of us know WHAT in the hell the Texans are going to do with the 1st pick

If I had any say I'd take Clowney pick up a QB later....at least ONE of those fuckers (QB's in the draft) is going to fall to the 2nd round.

A good pass rush (pressure up the middle mostly) & stopping the run in the playoffs (because of in-climate weather) is probably the best thing a Defense can have!
It want be teddy falling to 2nd round you right who knows what the fuck the texans will do watch history repeat itself
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-headed-to-nfl Originally Posted by ness
He made it official today. The Bleacher report had it an hour ago. Peter King also said that some GMs have Birtles ranked as the #1 QB. We'll see in May.