NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Mallet has a better chance of being the Texans QB than JFF. Originally Posted by bambino
How do you know this?
How do you know this? Originally Posted by TheDon
Likely it is just his opinion or he's been playing with the Laws of Probability!

Sidebar: I just do not follow college FB like many of you guys and so: How old is Mallett and how many years has he been in the NFL? and where did he play his college/university Ball? I think he's with DED's Cheatriots but not 100% sure about that!
That dude is 6 7 an can not move you not winning with mallet down here you might as well keep schaub slow ass he wasn't doing shit at Arkansas when he was there
How do you know this? Originally Posted by TheDon
I don't "know this" for sure. No one does except OBrien and the staff. I'm just connecting the dots. BOB prefers tall QBs, his words not mine.He recruited Hackenburg who is 6'5". He coached Mallet for 2yrs in NE. Brady prolly has 3 /4 more years to play. The rumors are pretty strong that NE and the Texans are talking about the trade. It may happen. IMHO, JFF has zero chance that the Texans take him #1. The other rumor is that Teddy is pretty thin. About 190lbs.
How old is Mallett and how many years has he been in the NFL? and where did he play his college/university Ball? I think he's with DED's Cheatriots but not 100% sure about that! Originally Posted by Solemate62

I searched it, you can read it
The other rumor is that Teddy is pretty thin. About 190lbs. Originally Posted by bambino
Me Thincks that isn't a rumor....probably 190# soaking wet holding some 5# dumbbells

TBridgewater.jpg

Vs Florida in the 2013 Sugar Bowl...the kid can take a hit!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4aZhEBOiw
I remember that game he got knocked on his ass .He had good game against Florida
Likely it is just his opinion or he's been playing with the Laws of Probability!

Sidebar: I just do not follow college FB like many of you guys and so: How old is Mallett and how many years has he been in the NFL? and where did he play his college/university Ball? I think he's with DED's Cheatriots but not 100% sure about that! Originally Posted by Solemate62
Mallet was recruited by Michigan and played one year there. He transferred to Arkansas and started 2 years for Bobby Petrino and ran a Pro style offense. He's listed at 6'6" 245 lbs. he has one of the strongest arms in the NFL. He has worked with BOB in NE and knows the offense. Call me crazy, but I think a trade for Mallet makes more sense for the Texans than drafting any of the top qbs in this draft with the #1 pick.
DON'T HATE
The combine report on Mallett:
"Overview

Mallett has the arm strength and size of a franchise NFL quarterback but still needs to continue to develop his accuracy and decision-making consistency. Can drive the ball down field and hit the deep out. When drop mechanics are sound, shows the ability to stick the ball into tiny windows. Has played in pro-style systems and understands reads and progressions but is still prone to taking some risks. Release is natural and over-the-top. Exhibits leadership qualities on the field but front offices will want to further investigate his character and ability to take coaching. Mallett's a really enticing package and will likely come off the board in round one.
Analysis

Strengths

Mallett possesses prototypical size. Has elite arm strength and can make all the throws. Displays smooth mechanics. Fluid, over-the-top delivery. Will fit the ball into tight spots and shows good overall accuracy. Has experience in the pro-style passing game. Good pocket mobility, can buy second chances and keeps his head down field. Fierce competitor and can command the huddle. Weaknesses

Flashes the ability to run through progressions but has lapses in judgment and can force throws when pressured. Accuracy is solid but needs to become more consistent. Ball will sail when footwork gets sloppy. Does not have the athleticism to pick up much yardage with his feet at the next level. Potential maturity/character issues"

If maturity or character issues were present the Pat's probably would have found that out by now.
According to SR610, multiple reports say Kubiak will be introduced as OC for the Ravens later today.
Those that want Johnny Football need to consider: Heisman Trophy winning and super bowl winning don't go hand in hand.

Roger Staubach, Super Bowl champion X (1975) Super Bowl XIII (1978)
Jim Plunkett, Super Bowl champion XV (1980) XVIII (1983)

Thats it, 41 years ago Jim Plunkett was the last HT Superbowl winner.

How can anyone hire a Heisman Trophy winning QB as a starter?
Maybe kubiak can learn from a real coach the ravens will be fine just get ray rice the dam ball
Those that want Johnny Football need to consider: Heisman Trophy winning and super bowl winning don't go hand in hand.

Roger Staubach, Super Bowl champion X (1975) Super Bowl XIII (1978)
Jim Plunkett, Super Bowl champion XV (1980) XVIII (1983)

Thats it, 41 years ago Jim Plunkett was the last HT Superbowl winner.

How can anyone hire a Heisman Trophy winning QB as a starter? Originally Posted by Landswar
It's not just SB quarterbacks, Tebow is the only Heisman winning quarterback in the last 20+ years to even win a playoff game. That's the last 16 Heisman quartebacks. Some of them were products of their system like Andre Ware but many of them supposedly had "all the tools" like Gino Torretta, Matt Leinart, Sam Bradford et al.

Since the draft of '83 most of the best QBs were taken almost as afterthoughts.
Manning being the obvious exception.

Point is there are intangibles that make a great QB. Figuring those out, finding value in the draft and coaching the players is an art not a science.
You forgot cam Newton