NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Clowney was targeted in college and was slowed by a bunch of guys who will never play in the pros. So what's going to happen when he goes against the pros and they game plan for him?

As for Mallet, more like Mullet. He has done nothing on the field as a pro, certainly nothing worthy of a #2 pick. Plus Rick Smith's job is riding on this draft. He screws this one up and he's gone. With the first pick in every round he had better come up with 4 solid starters his first 4 picks. I see it as Clowney first (have to accept the fact that's what they are going to do) and a QB with the first pick of the second round. My guess is Jimmy G. I also think they will sign a decent vet to start next year while the new QB learns. Someone they can junk after a year or two. IMHO BOB is not going to risk his career with some retread QB that's all rep and no show.

And you can forget about trading down from #1. That last happened 10 years ago and if you don't think there is anyone worthy of a #1 what makes you think other teams are just waiting to trade up to get someone not worthy of the first pick. That kinda stupid is not around like it use to be. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Well, because JJ Watt will be on the other side and Cushing behind them. Pick your poison. The main idea of beating a double team really is not to make the play, but let a teammate take advantage of it. Capisce? Dumb doesn't exist anymore? How about Indy trading their #1 in this years draft for Richardson? The Redskins trading their future for RG3? Stupid is alive and well in the NFL.
At least the redskins have a quarterback as far as trent Richardson the dude got traded during the season it's hard to learn a new offense. Now if he goes through training camp an pull this same shit then you can say it's a dumb trade .
  • Satin
  • 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Well, it looks like the feeding frenzy is starting. Cuts and (hopefully) signees will began.....first victims:

Cut....Brice McCain
Cut....Owen Daniels.

Who's next??
At least the redskins have a quarterback as far as trent Richardson the dude got traded during the season it's hard to learn a new offense. Now if he goes through training camp an pull this same shit then you can say it's a dumb trade . Originally Posted by jstone420
Richardson averaged 3ypc with the Browns and the same with Indy. The Browns made a mistake drafting him 3rd overall, Indy made a bigger mistake giving up their first rounder. RB is the easiest transition on offense. Bo Jackson joined the Raiders in October, without training camp and practice. He never missed a beat. Marcus Allen watched from the bench. The Redskins now have a running QB that doesn't run that well anymore, nor will he be asked to. Was he worth it? St Louis thinks so!
Can't compare Richardson to bo Jackson period. Its not the same situation .The Browns clearly don't know what they are doing anyway that whole staff is gone. I'm just saying I wouldn't give up on him that quick. RG3 needs to be smarter an he needs more help the salary cap hit the redskins hard .It's just one bad season
Can't compare Richardson to bo Jackson period. Its not the same situation .The Browns clearly don't know what they are doing anyway that whole staff is gone. I'm just saying I wouldn't give up on him that quick. RG3 needs to be smarter an he needs more help the salary cap hit the redskins hard .It's just one bad season Originally Posted by jstone420
It's hard to compare any human to BO Jackson, my point was is RB is a relatively easy position to pick up an offense. The bottom line is he's proven not to be a game breaker, he doesn't have it. To invest a 1st rounder after watching him play for a season and a half was stupid. He or another back could have given Indy that type of production for far less. Washington is over the cap issue, they don't have a lot of talent and few draft pics after the RG3 trade. They will be in the bottom half of their division for a few years. In hindsight, the RG3 trade isn't looking very bright right now. The same knee has been repaired twice. Goodluck with that. Big Louie said teams aren't stupid anymore, I disagree. I wouldn't be suprised if Cleveland trades up this year.
Don't let the door hit you on the ass Brice McCain, he couldn't cover for shit!! In fact he should suck a Fat Dick like Ike Taylor, right DED?

OD makes me a little sad as I liked him but his production continued do decline. Kubes has got to be fingering himself over the availability of OD!!

Add TE to the list of Texans Needs!!

Long Dong Rick Smith better get busy reloading!! In other words, We're Fucked!!!
Who's Next???? Come on Long Dong Rick Smith, cut Dopey's Ass!!
Lets get that Fucker Ware!

Clowney, Watt, Ware? Greatest front 7 in Madden history right there
  • Satin
  • 03-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Fuck Clowney, come on Don give it is rest playa.....

Earl Mitchell....gone.....
If you ask me they are making the right moves so far. Shaub will be released but most likely not until after the draft, it's a chess move. They don't want to show their hand yet. There are still teams and coaches that think Shaub can play therefor he has value.
Salary cap is always in play. Cutting OD opens up 4 million in cap space. Do we want to keep Watt or watch him leave after next year? Moves have to be made a year or two in advance in order to make the kind of room JJ is going to need. Older players with more salary than cap hit need to go. Make room for younger players. AF is a gamble but his cap hit is only 1 million less than his salary if they released him. If he puts up 1200 yds he'll be worth it, If he puts up 600 or can't stay healthy heand Rick Smith will probably both be run out of town on a rail.
  • ness
  • 03-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Mitchell wasn't going to work if Crennel is going to play his style of the 3-4, we need a fat fucker that can play read and react. Are there any 350 lbs NT available?
Here we go again, the Texan Brass sitting around with their thumbs up their ass. While other teams make moves to win, we don't do shit!! The Texans Way!!!! McNuttless and his band of yes men, Fuck em all!!!
So who's playing TE this year again???
Yes teams still do stupid stuff but at the time RGIII seemed worth it to everyone. Washington have only themselves to blame for his current condition. He should have been sat when injured instead of sending him out there.