Some good movies in theatre right now.

Since y'all are talking musicals I never saw LaLa Land but heard it was good, i like Ryan Gosling in more tense movies like Drive or Blade Runner.

Well fuck i guess Ill scratch del Toro

Also want to see The Post
Since y'all are talking musicals I never saw LaLa Land but heard it was good, i like Ryan Gosling in more tense movies like Drive or Blade Runner.

Also want to see The Post Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
dont let these guys talk you out of watching shape of water...a great movie imo.

saw ridley scott's all the money in the world on sunday. great performances and nice period film (even if the period is early 70s). amazed that two octogenarians ridley scott and plummer can still bring it the way they did here.
Just wookied this on the firestick. Pretty good movie.

Three Billboards was one of the best I've seen in awhile . . Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
The shape of water was more like the shape of a turd. If I wasn’t free on firestick i’d Want a refund.

Also want to see The Post Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Del Toro was presented with the Best Director's award (Critic's Choice Awards)....meh.

Minutes later, The Shape of Water won Best Picture....go figure.

Host Olivia Munn looked good tonight though....she's a cutie.
Had a chance to splurge some time at the movies.

I really enjoyed Three Billboards. I didn't know what to expect going into it. I didn't watch the whole trailer. I saw it had Sam Rockwell and I was instantly in. Winner winner chicken dinner.
He was pretty good on SNL too. Loved that they had Halsey on for the musical guest as well. Too bad he dropped an F-bomb.

I did watch the Shape of Water, going into it with an open mind.

If it was presented as a sci-fi movie, then I can see that it could have been a decent movie.

If not, it totally could have been like a pet, or beastiality love story. If you keep it in the sci-fi genre then I think people could have a better take on it actually. I think people are taking it worse than it was.
Had a chance to splurge some time at the movies.

I really enjoyed Three Billboards. I didn't know what to expect going into it. I didn't watch the whole trailer. I saw it had Sam Rockwell and I was instantly in. Winner winner chicken dinner.
He was pretty good on SNL too. Loved that they had Halsey on for the musical guest as well. Too bad he dropped an F-bomb.

I did watch the Shape of Water, going into it with an open mind.

If it was presented as a sci-fi movie, then I can see that it could have been a decent movie.

If not, it totally could have been like a pet, or beastiality love story. If you keep it in the sci-fi genre then I think people could have a better take on it actually. I think people are taking it worse than it was. Originally Posted by tntangie
I recently saw Three Billboards as well. Really enjoyed it. Rockwell was fantastic. I’ll have to disagree on Shape of Water. I thought Richard Jenkins was great, as he typically is. A disabled person marginalized by society finding love is a great story to tell. I just think S O W was a bad vehicle to use. If you want to make a sci-if movie, make one. The cinematography was stunning. But the sassy black friend, the need to point out the neighbor was gay because a single woman and single man can’t just be friends, the black couple not being patronized by a business because it’s the 50’s, we’re all unnecessarily cliche. He just tried to do too much to tie it all together. But hey, it’s entertainment and what you like, I may not and vice-versa. If I hadn’t paid $20+ to see it, I may have been okay with it.
Commuter was just okay. About on par with other Liam neeson movies. If you like his other movies, you will like this one. But will not blow you away with any originality.

Molly’s game was just okay. This wasn’t on par with rounders by any stretch.
We saw "Hostiles" last night and thought the acting was awsome. Set in a pretty rough time, the late 1800's in the Wild West, it really portrays the difficulties they incurred. I really liked this one.
I went to see Darkest Hour.

It was a good movie but I couldn't understand some of the dialogue with the heavy British accent.

That's why I prefer to watch movies at home on DVD with subtitles.

No subtitles on the movie theater big screen.
Post is damn good . . . especially if you know your history and events well.
13 nominations for The Shape Of Water!

Are they nuts????

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...st/1055406001/
Most of those highly nominated movies are not watchable.

Den of thieves and 12 strong were not too bad. Definitely watchable.
Most of those highly nominated movies are not watchable.

Den of thieves and 12 strong were not too bad. Definitely watchable. Originally Posted by dallasfan
They always pick some strange shit and pass on some good movies or pick something that had a limited theatrical run in only a few cities and maybe were in those theaters for a week.

Dunkirk for Best Picture?

That movie was a joke and an insult to everyone that was at Dunkirk and either died there or survived.
Den of Theives 1-10. It was a 6