So who you been hangin with ...

Darn it, I missed it. She always looks great, sunglasses and all!
oh yeah!!! I worked at Sammies BBQ in Fort Worth when I was 19 and I served Travis Tritt.

Poppy...you are so sweet!
Thank you Steverino..kisses!
  • YSD
  • 07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Okay, since tis thread is continuing to go stron here are my folks. People who know me know I am a big professinal wretling fan so here it goes:

1. Have know the great Superstar Billy Graham (the WWF Champion for about 30 years now. Met him several times back in the day. A few years ago he was searching for memeorabilia to go along with his recently published autobiography. He called me to see what stuff I had. His wife Valerie is beautiful and as sweet as can be.
2. On a plane from Fresno to Salt Lake City met sat next to several and met: Bret The Hit Man Hart, Jim the Anvil Neidhart, Ax & Smash Demolition, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Paul Roma, Earthquake, Rick Martel. Bobby The Brain Heenen, and Jimmy Mouth of the South Hart.
3. From Total Non Stop action met ODB, Bashir, Brutus Magnus, Sojo Bolt, Madison Rayne

Non Wrestling related:
1. The group Supergrass
2. Gary Coleman (was in LA and he was literally doing the security guard thing)
3. Nick Lowe ( real asshole and drunk in real life)
4. Terry Bradshaw (served as treasurer for his brother Craig when he ran for mayor of Flower Mound a few years back)
5. Pat Summerall

For what it's worth.
  • OFF
  • 07-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Okay, reaching back a little further, I sat at the next table to Tom Landry and his wife and at a different time, Sidney Poitier.

OFF :-)
  • fubar
  • 07-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Partied with Norah Jones in a NYC music club several years ago right after she won all of the Grammies. My wife will never let me forget how Norah held my hand the entire time that we were talking at the bar. LOL

Sat next to Don Meredith at a Broadway show in NYC.

Silvester Stallone sat at a table right next to ours in an Italian restaurant in NYC several years ago. Met him on stair out of restaurant and shook his hand. He is a short MOFO.

Ran into Paris Hilton at Bergdorf Goodman in NYC last December. I had to look twice to make sure. It was NYC so the etiquette is to leave celebs alone.

Have run into Michael Irvin countless times over the years at BDD and most recently with his family at the Grapevine Opryland Hotel last Easter.

Ran into Mickey Rourke in Greenwich Village in NYC. Shook his hand and shot the shit. My kind of guy.

Ran into most of the WWF a few years ago in BWI airport. Shook The Big Show's hand and shot the shit. WEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL

Saw Andre the Giant at DFW and yes, he was a giant.

A couple of weeks ago I ran into Tony Romo at Bone Daddy's in Grapevine.
I made Linda Lovelace gag, True Story.
  • Bubba
  • 08-25-2009, 11:18 AM
I have met a few lesser stars like Emmit Smith, Michael Irving, Chuck Norris, Len Dawson, Buddy Hackett and Bill Cosby.

The really important/impressive people I have been very fortunate to meet are The Original Jenna, Becky and Kelly!! Top that!!! LOL!!!!
I get to see a guy's (that lied to Congress about Steriod use) dog sh1t in my yard everyday and run off....
Jack Nicholson bummed a cigarette off me in Aspen back in the 70's. I played golf with Clint Eastwood a couple of times in Carmel. Nice guy.
I have spent most of my life in Nashville and so several instances with country music stars. Vince Gill used to show up at the local Y for pickup basketball games, my daughter played soccer with Alan Jackson's daughter and he would always show up for the games (but sit on the other side of the field), and she was in a kindergarten class with Amy Grant's daughter. And for my BIG one (only for the real old ones among us), while in college, I worked at this office supply store and Minnie Pearl would come in to buy envelopes to send pics to fans (and complain about how expensive everything was these (those) days.
Dale Robertson used to be a family friend, my Dad and him served in WWII together. Nice guy.

on the other end of the scale: Mikey Dolenz of the Monkees, what a four star, unbelievable Asshole....
"Psst, hey buddy. You got any papers?" the long white-haired guy sitting in his car (with a very hot ladyfriend) asked me as I was walking to my favorite bar.

After helping him out as best as I could (ahem), I proceeded to head into the bar. Twenty minutes later, there he was up on the stage, since he was the namesake of the Gregg Allman Band.

Not a bad show, either, if I do say so.
I met Dee Snyder a few weeks ago. I told him I wasn't going to take it.
Posting pics because names i dont think will ring a bell.

When younger waiting tables:
John De Lancie - Known for playing Q on Star Trek.

Michael Irving when they use to have Training Camp in Austin. Came in with a Cheerleader, so much for the non-fratenizing rule. Car had "PLYMKR" plates.

When I worked at a Car Dealership:
Darrell Johnson aka Moose Johnson
Clownie Gowen, poker player

At another random disclosed place:
Jerry Jones and his son Stephen Jones at a upscale hotel, extremely drunk. With 2 ladies that I questioned are not their wives. Lets just say I know they stayed overnight at an attached residence condo (guess a friend that was out of town) and not the hotel (discretion and no paper trail I assume) so they can . Yeah both him and his son...akward. But shhhhh you didn't hear that from me.

Also:
Avery Johnson, former Mavericks Head coach
Edward Najara, Mavericks player
Work-related - some were so long ago they were not big deals yet:

Tom Hanks (cool guy), Julia Roberts (she was about 18), Jimmy the Greek (asshole), Clarence Williams III (meh), Willie Nelson (cool-smelled of weed), Tom Landy (ultra-cool), Bruce Davison ("Willard" in the 70's), Walter Payton (right before he died - he was jaundiced), Bob Eubanks ("The Dating Game"), and Ron Howard (very nice but this was in the 80's).