Board Participation

In presenting herself do the subject and verb agree, does she know the difference between "there" and "their" or "two", "to", and "too"? If not, I go to the next one before my head explodes! However, if I already know her, and like and enjoy her company, I can overlook these shortcomings; but for an initial impression ... my desire to meet her is lowered.. Originally Posted by Pistol Man
I always wondered how guys felt about grammar or if it is overlooked bc the girl has many posts and reviews.

Pretty much girl, just chit chat with people. There will aways be someone around to engage.
That is why I disappeared from the board! Too much of the same old talk about the same people..... And not much has changed either.

Lately, I've just been reading and I'll chime in from time to time... It's nice to be able to chat with people, male and female and that's what keeps me coming back. Originally Posted by RyansFun
very true! I think ive retired at least 3 times so far in the last 8 yrs! lol! But its nice to always come back and spend the time catching up
To be fully unretired taint is required.
To be fully unretired taint is required. Originally Posted by pyramider
I love ur posts babe!
I love posting here as well, and was a member waaay before I was considered a contributor. But that was me being my normal self. I'm usually quiet until spoken to, and I try to make what I say as useful as possible before putting my nose back to the grindstone. But while the board helps with understanding a gent's personality, I've learned to not let anyone's contributions or lack thereof sway my thinking to meet them.

What I have learned about those gents that don't post is that sometimes they are just private. Some guys consider it an unnecessarily hostile environment, one they choose to observe (as it's a great source of information) and not participate. Usually they make up for it with wonderful private communications, which is what matters most.

Great topic, Mya!
Mya, Gemma, Tiffani, Ms. Passion, Ryansfun, you and so many other girls rock this board. Thank you!

Ms. Amber Rain? Ze smacked a homer in another thread, but somehow I don't think it will change your posts. I guess you can't fix....Ummmm....never mind...This board would not be the same without you and the special way you honk your own horn.

Mercianna? You crack me up in ways I will never be able to get you to understand. Savy??

Hey, I am just hanging out having some fun and trying not to make it at anyone else's expense.

Everyone....Thanks for posting!

P.S. Mya, you also rock my world.......with our without 1899!
Prolific posters are not a problem. Mindless prolific posters are a problem. Mya . . . you've got no worries, my dear. Post away.

Chewtoy
Mya, Gemma, Tiffani, Ms. Passion, Ryansfun, you and so many other girls rock this board. Thank you!
! Originally Posted by Invisible1
I also rock headboards Invisible...hehehe
thanks sweeti!
I always wondered how guys felt about grammar or if it is overlooked bc the girl has many posts and reviews.

Pretty much girl, just chit chat with people. There will aways be someone around to engage. Originally Posted by RyansFun
Grammar schammar, who cares. Girls is hot, good at what she does and she is fun, I could care less.
That is why I disappeared from the board! Too much of the same old talk about the same people..... And not much has changed either.

Lately, I've just been reading and I'll chime in from time to time... It's nice to be able to chat with people, male and female and that's what keeps me coming back. Originally Posted by RyansFun
Ryan is a good example of a cool, smart, funny, hot chick.
What guy wouldn't want to spend some time with her.

Kind of like.
I always thought Mary Tyler Moore was hot.
I say post away. I think seeing a providers thoughts, comments, and opinions on different topics on here, as well as jokes and other current event threads, gives you a semblance of personality, and it also lets people know you are real. I enjoy reading these posts. I didn't discover the forums and chat until this past summer, and it's been entertaining. It's not like you're posting 24/7 in the ISO's that can look desperate, but whatever, post away. There are a handful of guys on here, and several providers I have noticed, who love to talk shit and throw gas on fires, but who cares. Pretty much everyone on this thread has said post away and enjoy yourself. I couldn't agree more
I've been around awhile and I rarely post on the board, but I'm around in other ways like the chatroom so there are other ways to interact with the culture of the board without going on the board.
Invisible 1 thanks for the awesome words it made my nite. xoxoxoxo always
GOOD* SUBJECT MYA*,LETS NOT FORGET THAT THIS SITE STARTED YEARS AGO BY

INDIVIDUALS BEING ABLE TO NETWORK AND THE POST WE LADIES PRESENT AND THE

GENTLEMEN ON HERE INFORMS US TO BE SAFE AND ALLOWS US TO KNOW WHEN TO

PULL BACK SO ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE BECOMES HELPFUL ESPECIALLY KNOWING

THAT ANOTHER PROVIDER HAS MY BACK OR IS WILLING TO POST CERTAIN INFORMATION

THAT MAY SAVE MY LIFE OR ANOTHERS,SO IF YOU WANT TO VENT MYA* AND YOUR AVENUE

IS THROUGH THIS SITE I ENCOURAGE YOU TO VENT ON SWEETIE BECAUSE IF IT DOES NOT

HELP ME,IT MAY HELP SOMEONE ELSE!!!
this is the only place i really have to talk to people about the hobby and i have a intricate mind that pops out ideas and thoughts all day long, analyzing everything. Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
The social aspects are certainly significant for many, although of course anytime service providers mingle with current/prospective clients, there's inevitably a very strong marketing/business development aspect. Which goes beyond

I know some providers do not post because they . . . dont want to say the wrong thing and have every bash them and it "ruin" thier reputation, right i get that. Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
I also work in a service business and interaction with potential clients is always somewhat stressful. We have to decide who we want to target (those who will be a particularly good match, versus trying to be all things to all people and thereby diffuse our appeal), be aware of what is important to them, identify personal connections, plan what image we want to present and how to do that, and constantly look for feedback from how the prospective client is reacting to us. It's exhausting to do it well, and we can never really just relax when around potential clients. It's necessary, but I really don't look forward to it.

Perhaps some ladies are confident in their ability to "defend" themselves but less confident in their ability to market themselves in that way. Even fairly innocuous comments, well short of something major that could ruin their reputations, will increase their appeal to some prospective clients but also decrease their appeal to other prospective clients. Marketing themselves is intimidating to a lot of people who sell their services, not just in the world of P4P. And of course, some ladies may be happy with their level of business and not interested in trying to increase that.

I would think a hobbyiest would be alittle more compelled to post and comment. Originally Posted by Mya Michelle
??? Why? This is a smaller part of our lives than for the ladies, so there is less need to vent, swap stories and experiences, etc. There's a fair amount of chest-thumping and back-slapping among the guys, but if you're secure and confident, that kind of affirmation is not much of a motive. And for the most part, we don't have to market ourselves to the ladies. Realistically, as long as we have references/P411 and are not jerks, most ladies we want to see are going to be happy to see us. Sure, a positive reputation is nice, but we can get along quite well without any reputation at all.