Buying a boat...need some tips!

As you have stated before "Size Does Matter" when getting a party barge. PM when you have time!!
Hmm maybe I can get a pale pink one and call it "Princess" lol.

Lookie here....A 2011 for under 15k!! You guys may be onto something here, and they are not as dangerous as a speed boat would be.

http://www.suntrackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3343 Originally Posted by London Rayne

Yes suntracker bass buggy they used to call them. Nice bench sofa seat in the back, nice love seat behind the wheel. Lousy stereo though upgraded mine. Excellent party boat, at 24 ft or 20 ft, easier to back up then the smaller boats also. Excellent fishing boat also, if your not partying or catching fish thats the way not too.
As someone who has spent countless hours on the deck of many sailboats I understand your passion for sailing. There are few other things that can connect you to the water like sailing. I think you have a great idea. Check out HSH Yacht Sales. They have a 35' Schock Sloop $24,900, 36' Hunter Cherubini $29,900, 34' Morgan (great boat) $29,500, 30' Catalina $19,900 and my favorite on the list 20' Pacific Seacraft Flicka $23,500. These are just some examples but clearly you can find a great sail boat in your price range. Keep in mind that if you buy a boat that is not located in your area you will have to get it delivered somehow, either by water or land. If you plan on leaving protected water and doing any blue water cruising the Morgan and the Flicka are great boats. The Flicka is also good for single handed sailing, the others will require some help from someone who has some idea of what they are doing. Good Luck!
Are you gonna be on the northshore or lakefront?
Btw...I swear, if you buy a sailbote.... You will have to give up the Mercedes, get a Saab or Volvo, and stop shaving you pits, hooch and legs...and be made fun of by fossil fuel burning horsepower freaks like myself as we whiz by during our next poker run...
I would think hard about "try before you buy" options. You want a very boat that serves different purposes (sleep, recreation, business). So you want to get the right one. You budget for what you want is modest. You are not even sure the business side of it is workable. Lease, steal, borrow barter. Try on several, and see what works for you. Having and using a boat requires experience. Of course if you do overpay, you can just sell it if it does not work out. You might want to budget for a professional cleaning crew to get it up to your standards b4 use. Good luck.
You've already rejected the only sensible advise that is possible in response to this question:

Definition of a Boat: Hole in the water you pour money into.

Two happiest days of a boat owner's life:

1. Day he buys the boat.
2. Day he sells the boat.

Best of luck anyway.
True Hushhog. but not everyone has the same financial situation. If I did not already own at least one piece of property and paid a car note, no way in hell I would spend any cash on such an item...that's not the case. When I graduate on the 7th I will only owe student loans and the house that I am already invested 90k in. If I decide to keep paying on that one, I will own that as well and if not...I will get my freaking money back according to the 3 attorneys I have spoken with.

The boat is NOT for bcd activities period. It is for dinner and excursions of another nature entirely.

FB, no way I am going on a freaking poker run. My ex is about 10 years older than me and I always had to lmao at the notion of those things...especially him participating and thinking he was still 25 lol. The idea of me running around with my tits and azz hanging out is only for the hobby. I am a bit more conservative in my real life...well in public that is. No way I will ever stop driving a Mercedes...love em!

I had a date tonight with a gent who told me I could in fact get a used sailboat for under 10k if I so choose, so I am leaning towards that. He showed me his which was appraised right at 160k and I about died! I would rather sail than party any day.
London. . . Sailing is alittle more romantic if that's what you had in mind. Just keep in mind if the lake is busy, sailing could get quite interesting with all the boats around and the waves that you would have to encounter.
Yes...all the waterways around here are crazy full in the summer months, but I do see a slew of sailboats every weekend in certain areas. I just want something that floats, holds some wine, and lets me tan. I may just get a big raft ha ha.
You could go the red neck way and get yourself a house boat. I've seen some really kewl ones with slides from the roof to water.
London. . . I got my Superman Floaty that you can borrow. Works well with other activities with the lady in the water!!
London. . . I got my Superman Floaty that you can borrow. Works well with other activities with the lady in the water!! Originally Posted by shorty
I doubt she would be able to hold her breath long enough to finish
Who says she has to be underwater!!LOL
I can hold my breath!! Oh you mean shut my mouth that long don't ya? Yea, that too for the right price.