Jaqueline Kennedy Believed LBJ Had JFK Assasinated

A target moving away in a radial direction is almost as easy to hit as a stationary target. Oswald was qualified by the US Marines as a "marksman" in May 1959..

Do not believe Oliver Stone!!

A guilty man will say anything to get out of a murder rap!!

"White Feather" should stick to bows and arrows... Originally Posted by DSK

"white feather" was a Vietnam sniper ace. he took out a VC sniper thru his scope.
A target moving away in a radial direction is almost as easy to hit as a stationary target. Oswald was qualified by the US Marines as a "marksman" in May 1959..

Do not believe Oliver Stone!!

A guilty man will say anything to get out of a murder rap!!

"White Feather" should stick to bows and arrows... Originally Posted by DSK
True, that's why the government fed the American people an impossible narrative that has been shattered over the years. Yet many people still prefer to believe the official narrative in spite of scientific evidence that proves it to be improbable. Our government assassinated Kennedy pure and simple, and Ruby didn't kill Oswald because he was heartbroken over the assassination.

Jim
I meant the language when I clicked your link. German!! Originally Posted by DSK
It was in English for me.

Jim
Jackie was right.
Jackie was right. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
A wonder of the internet ...

... anonymous people saying anything with impunity.

LBJ wasn't sufficiently "sophisticated" for "Jackie," and she was opposed to his selection as VP from the beginning, which is why she was "The First Lady" and not The President.

I don't think LBJ orchestrated the JFK assassination. I think he knew about the plans to assassinate Kennedy though.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
If LBJ wasn't involved but knew about it, then he was complicit.
If LBJ wasn't involved but knew about it, then he was complicit. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
There were many players involved in the assassination. How much Johnson knew or how involved he was remains to be seen but I doubt he was the brains of the operation.

Jim
"white feather" was a Vietnam sniper ace. he took out a VC sniper thru his scope. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
A rifle bullet, even a hard ball round such as used by the military, will not make it all the way through a scope.

The hypothesis has been tried many times under controlled conditions. By the time the bullet punches through the objective lens, (at least 1/2 inch thick) and encounters all of the erector tubes and finally the ocular lens, (as much as 3/4 thick), it is out of steam.

What it will do is slam the scope back into the head of the victim, but test have shown that all it will give him is a headache.
"white feather" was a Vietnam sniper ace. he took out a VC sniper thru his scope. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
A rifle bullet, even a hard ball round such as used by the military, Will have a tough time making it all the way through a scope.

The hypothesis has been tried many times under controlled conditions. By the time the bullet punches through the objective lens, (at least 1/2 inch thick) and encounters all of the erector tubes and finally the ocular lens, (as much as 3/4 thick), it is out of steam.

This is not to say it is impossible. It is just that no body has been able to duplicate the feat under controlled conditions.

What it will do is slam the scope back into the head of the victim, but test have shown that all it will give him is a headache.
If LBJ wasn't involved but knew about it, then he was complicit. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
The rumor floated for the conspiracy theorists to devour, but there didn't seem to be any traction in any of them, even his "prior knowledge" theory.

BTW, having "what if" discussions to review scenarios to be "ready" in the eventuality of an attempt or a successful effort (as was the case) IS NOT PRIOR KNOWLEDGE, but simply SOP for disaster planning. LBJ was clearly no "saint," but I don't recall him being accused of "murder" unless it was some loose talk from the anti-war crowd like "we" customarily hear around here!
Yeah with a bad habit too. Go figure, lol.

He's never thought of picking dingleberries as a " bad habit " ! He considers it a " public (and pubic!) service " !
Yeah, if you put all the factors together. Poor shooter, bad angle of trajectory and an inferior weapon with a crappy scope. It would be like an average field goal kicker with a broken foot trying to kick an underinflated ball at fifty yards away in a fog, lol.

Jim,

You have a right to your opinion. You just don't have your facts right. Even a marksman rated shooter in the US Marine Corps (The target metal for marksman was referred to as the toilet seat) is not a poor shooter.

The Marine Corps consider that any reasonable application of the instructions given to Marines should permit them to become qualified at least as a marksman.

The distance from Oswald’s location to JFK’s car was never more than about 90 yards during the shooting.

Rifle qualification in the USMC is at 200 yards for standing position, 300 yards for the sitting position, and 500 yards for the prone position.

90 yards (270 feet): an easy shot for any position. When in boot camp, after our qualification scores, my platoon was moved back to 1,000 yards with open sight rifles just for fun and grins: the instructors wanted us to see what we could really do. We were using the M-14 (308 a shorter 30 caliber bullet). (Oswald qualified with the M-1 a 30.06 - a longer 30 caliber bullet) with more powder and a longer range). I personally hit an 8 inch bulls eye 8 out of ten shots with the M-14. Over half of the platoon hit the bulls eye 5 out of 10 shots, or better. On the whole, the platoon shot better at the 1,000 yard range (Prone position) than we did at the shorter qualification range. The DI said he guessed that the pressure of qualification was off, and we did better. I just think that the more one shoots (while concentrating) the better one becomes.

JR
  • DSK
  • 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Jim,

You have a right to your opinion. You just don't have your facts right. Even a marksman rated shooter in the US Marine Corps (The target metal for marksman was referred to as the toilet seat) is not a poor shooter.

The Marine Corps consider that any reasonable application of the instructions given to Marines should permit them to become qualified at least as a marksman.

The distance from Oswald’s location to JFK’s car was never more than about 90 yards during the shooting.

Rifle qualification in the USMC is at 200 yards for standing position, 300 yards for the sitting position, and 500 yards for the prone position.

90 yards (270 feet): an easy shot for any position. When in boot camp, after our qualification scores, my platoon was moved back to 1,000 yards with open sight rifles just for fun and grins: the instructors wanted us to see what we could really do. We were using the M-14 (308 a shorter 30 caliber bullet). (Oswald qualified with the M-1 a 30.06 - a longer 30 caliber bullet) with more powder and a longer range). I personally hit an 8 inch bulls eye 8 out of ten shots with the M-14. Over half of the platoon hit the bulls eye 5 out of 10 shots, or better. On the whole, the platoon shot better at the 1,000 yard range (Prone position) than we did at the shorter qualification range. The DI said he guessed that the pressure of qualification was off, and we did better. I just think that the more one shoots (while concentrating) the better one becomes.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Excellent response. It is amazing that anyone who has ever shot a rifle believes that to be a hard shot.

It took balls to point it at the President and shoot him, but it was otherwise quite doable for any Marine worthy of the name.
Jim,

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
They are considered Marksman with the weapon given. Plus their training is conducted under controlled condition and a flat trajectory. The bottom line that so many don't seem to get is it takes a professional killer to do what they claim Oswald did. I can't believe over fifty years later there are still slews of people who still think the Government is on the level with this incident.

Jim
It took balls to point it at the President and shoot him, .... Originally Posted by DSK
I think not. If he'd had any, he'd been fucking some Russian lady.

Instead of ambushing someone in a convertible cruising through town on a lovely day for an outing. Crazy MOFOS don't have enough sense to take inventory of their "anatomy" and do shit without having the capacity to evaluate the consequences or give a shit.