Is THICK the new FAT?

I'm thick, round, and PROUD!

But by no means do I use my pride as an excuse to sit on my ass and eat Cheetos all day. Although, I do have a weakness for dark chocolate and almonds <3.

I usually strive to be healthy inside and out and also physically active. Afterall, you have better sex when you work out on a daily basis .

EDIT: I'd also like to add that "THICK" varies with different racial/ethnic groups.

What a black man would call "thick", a white man would call it "BBW and unhealthy".

I also work in the strip clubs as well. So I know from first hand experience. Originally Posted by brownsugarbaby
Considering that you post your pictures, I don't see how anyone could complain. Good luck out there and I wish you success.
Although I have my own opinions about my body, I always like to hear the opinions of others. I take the good with the bad. I get thick alot, hardly ever bbw, but if i were to categorize myself i'd say bbw and get it over with, lol. Honestly to me either you're skinny or bbw, volumptious, curvy,or thick. Just other ways to say she's no skeleton. I love the skin I'm in no matter the category ppl place me in
I am not big i am fluffy.
  • L.A.
  • 01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words. Post accurate pics and you can use whatever term you choose to describe yourself.
Agree with LA! Everyone wants to advertise themselves in the best light, its like homes..... If i were a house I'd be listed as cozy! lol I personally don't like the F word.....
The hobby has taught me to look for what the photos don't show. If she wears a corset in her pics, she is prolly thick around the middle or has mommy marks. If she only shows tits and ass, no full body, prolly a BBW type. Just like girls that don't smile in their pics might not have good teeth, no ass pics mean they might have a flat ass. The ladies are selling themselves and they put their best assets out front, not their worst.

We in the hobby just have to be careful and learn to have that third sense about how to view showcase pics, which reviewers to listen to (read a lot of their reviews to get an idea of their type of gal) and what is meant but not said. It takes some time, but since this is not scrap booking or golf, we have to deal with the fact that all is not out on the table in full view for all to see and evaluate.

My .02.
Once I moved to Texas I learned that "thick" is used a term of endearment or a compliment... I was baffled and sometimes offended when I heard "damn baby you thick" by some young loser when I was out in public.

I guess we all like different things... when I was a little heavier I still did well business wise but I can honestly say it has improved a lot since I have started losing weight and getting HEALTHY. I will always have some curves I will never be a spinner (been there done that it looks weird on me LOL) but you do not have to be a spinner to be in shape.

There is a market here for everyone so the decision is yours on how you wish to live your life, spend your cash, and run your business. Me personally I want to be healthy in shape and saving up lots of money
I proudly say i am a BBW. I have photos that show it all, no photoshop, no closeups of selected body parts. i am what i am and love all of it. Only being 4ft.11in you could say i am obese, but the term BBW means Big Beautiful Woman witch is exactly what i am. i do not hide ant part of it. Either you like what you see or you don't. We all have our own opinions and likes. that is what makes this hobby so great. There is always something for everyone. As for big or fat girls having to be nicer or work harder, i don't believe that. You are who you are and work the way you work. i am a strong believer that big girls do it better, but i am biest on that....lol.
I could care less whether a woman calls herself spinner, fat, thick, BBW, etc. What gets me is the ones who lie about their weight in their ads and showcases. A few pounds off one way or another is understandable but many are either quite comical or the ladies can't read numbers or count.
At my smallest, I would be considered THICK...
At my biggest, I would be considered THICK...

I am 5'3", 155LB (sometimes +), a SIZE 7!!
BMI sucks as any type of indicator (it doesn't take into account any variables such as muscle mass or fat displacement).
For women, the waist:hip ratio is a better indicator for health and attractiveness. Don't believe me? Google it.
The ideal w:h ratio is .7-.6...
With my measurements being 34-26-42/43, mine is about .61.
Point is, I'm not skinny nor a spinner... never will be. Wouldn't want to be.
However, my body is tight and getting tighter (I've started a hardcore workout program, yay me!!).
So my question to you (and everyone who replied yes) would be...
Does "not skinny"=fat?

SN: Like BrownSugarBaby stated, the meaning and desired effect of the term varies VASTLY between races.
I have a few ebony, spinner, provider buddies that see primarily white clients... and black ones every blue moon.
My situation is just the opposite and the general consensus is that it is because I'm "thick" and they're "spinners".

Just FYI: I'm sure you could guess... but my weight is carried in my ass, hips
and thighs. Just where it's supposed to be (in MY eyes at least. lol).

Now that's my $2.00... lol
No. Thick is the new phat. Fat is still fat.
  • BLM69
  • 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Thick usually means extra curvy (a little fat)

bbw usually means a really thick (fat)

ssbbw usually means if you are more round than curvy (super fat)