November 22, 1963

The vast majority of us are never going to really know what happened so it comes down to, is it possible? Could Oswald have made the three shots? Anyone who has seen the scene knows that an average shooter could have made the first shot easily. The second and third would be harder but still possible. Is it plausible? A different question. I recently heard one investigator say that when Oswald went to work that morning he left his cash and jewelry behind. Kind of says that he didn't think that he was coming home. Okay, something was bothering him but does that signify a conspiracy or just the actions of one person? What would have been his motive? That is the hard one. Unlike today, if you killed someone in those days you went to prison. You didn't get famous and you didn't get money from some movie producer. It almost seems like he had no possible motive. Is a conspiracy possible? Of course it is but is it plausible that everyone involved has kept their mouths shut for all these years? Or have they all been killed? If you knew that your co-conspirators were being killed off what would you do? You'd run to a newspaper or a DA and bargain. It really stretches the idea of plausibility. Like I said, we'll never really know.
The vast majority of us are never going to really know what happened so it comes down to, is it possible? Could Oswald have made the three shots? Anyone who has seen the scene knows that an average shooter could have made the first shot easily. The second and third would be harder but still possible. Is it plausible? A different question. I recently heard one investigator say that when Oswald went to work that morning he left his cash and jewelry behind. Kind of says that he didn't think that he was coming home. Okay, something was bothering him but does that signify a conspiracy or just the actions of one person? What would have been his motive? That is the hard one. Unlike today, if you killed someone in those days you went to prison. You didn't get famous and you didn't get money from some movie producer. It almost seems like he had no possible motive. Is a conspiracy possible? Of course it is but is it plausible that everyone involved has kept their mouths shut for all these years? Or have they all been killed? If you knew that your co-conspirators were being killed off what would you do? You'd run to a newspaper or a DA and bargain. It really stretches the idea of plausibility. Like I said, we'll never really know. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I guess I am just one of those people that just has to ask a lot of questions. I have even tried to place myself in Oswald's position. First of all, I certainly wouldn't want to be detected and I would want the very best equipment possible to do the job. So I have to honestly ask was the Manlicher Carano Rifle the best type of firearm during that era to do something like this, and furthermore would I leave my snipers nest and walk a short distance and hide in a movie theater just to be discovered a short time later, and be arrested for an unrelated crime. It just seems if Oswald was indeed the perpetrator he didn't have a good plan. Kennedy was shot at around 1230 or so.I would want to be in Miami by 2:00, at least out of Dallas. I guess I wonder cause Oswald is deceased and we'll never have his testimony.

Oswald’s Marine Rifle Marksmanship Scores

In the late 1950s, US Marines were categorized at three levels of shooting ability, according to the scores they achieved at a standardized test of their accuracy:
  1. Expert: a score of 220 to 250.
  2. Sharpshooter: 210 to 219.
  3. Marksman: 190 to 209.
According to his Marine score card (Commission Exhibit 239), Oswald was tested twice:
  1. In December 1956, after “a very intensive 3 weeks’ training period” (Warren Commission Hearings, vol.11, p.302), Oswald scored 212: two marks above the minimum for a ‘sharpshooter’.
  2. In May 1959, he scored 191: one mark above the minimum for a ‘marksman’.
Originally Posted by Bert Jones
It should be remembered that Oswald was a malcontented Marine in his latter days. It may be that it was his motivation rather than his ability that garnered him that lower, 1959, score.
WHAT POSSIBLE DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It's a nice distraction from your paranoia......

Again, I'll never understand those who think it was a difficult shot or that he couldn't have gotten off three rounds in 6 seconds....around 50 yards with a 4x telescopic sight is an easy shot...true, the car was moving but quite slowly.

Three rounds in 6 seconds...again, easy. Remember, he started with a round in the chamber. So, we're talking about

Shot

Work bolt, shot

Work bolt, shot.

Six seconds is plenty of time.

I will say that one thing I have never understood is that he apparently completely missed the entire car with his first shot. That, I don't have an explanation for.

Regarding the comment somebody made about Kennedy's head snapping back....go watch the Zapruder film again and watch all of his blood and brains and skull fragments fly up and forward at the shot.

As for Ruby....all that shit can be put to rest when you are aware that the only reason he was anywhere near the police station that morning was because he was wiring money to one of his strippers at the Western Union office that was right next door. The Warren Commission had the receipts.

So, you're telling me that this guy who has been hired by the mob, or the Russians, or Joe DiMaggio.... to kill the President's assassin stops at Western Union 10 minutes before the "hit" to wire a few bucks to one of his strippers? It's absurd.
I guess I am just one of those people that just has to ask a lot of questions. I have even tried to place myself in Oswald's position. First of all, I certainly wouldn't want to be detected and I would want the very best equipment possible to do the job. So I have to honestly ask was the Manlicher Carano Rifle the best type of firearm during that era to do something like this, and furthermore would I leave my snipers nest and walk a short distance and hide in a movie theater just to be discovered a short time later, and be arrested for an unrelated crime. It just seems if Oswald was indeed the perpetrator he didn't have a good plan. Kennedy was shot at around 1230 or so.I would want to be in Miami by 2:00, at least out of Dallas. I guess I wonder cause Oswald is deceased and we'll never have his testimony. Originally Posted by acp5762
He was always short of money. Bought the best rifle he could afford and probably had no idea that he was going to shoot the president with it at the time he bought it. The guy was a nut.
The Kennedys double crossed The Mob by sicking Bobby Kennedy on them after the Mob had delivered the necessary votes in Chicago to secure the win for Jack. In short, . Originally Posted by Jackie S
1. Kennedy's decisions with regard to Cuba polarized the situation and organized crime lost their play ground, money laundering facility, and cash cow .... in Cuba.

2. The U.S. intelligence community's history with "organized crime" dates back to WWII, when water front elements monitored traffic into the U.S. and intelligence personnel were smuggled into Europe through Sicily with their connections there ..

3. The Kennedys took on both at the same time ... with Bobby as the "point man" ...

There is plenty of motivation, talent, and cover wrapped up there, who else had the "where with all" to move someone into and out of the Soviet Union if he has a bone to pick with the U.S. and the "talent" to clean it up with a disgruntled malcontent and a dying mop guy.

Then Johnson gets sworn ... and "leave it alone" creeps into the government.

Warren Commission?

Johnson orchestrated Gulf of Tonkin ..... he was up the FBI Director's dress every day.

Dallas was the best spot security wise. Austin, his next stop, was ready and tight.
The five points you bring up have always surrounded the Kennedy assassination, and they have always been part of any debate on the assassination, especially Oswald's death and Ruby's connection to Oswald. When people think of the assassination as a conspiracy they are really talking about the Governments involvement and Oswald as a fall guy. Being that there is so much information out there seemingly proving and disproving conspiracy as well as a loan gunman, the magical pristine bullet ect. I've often had doubts on both counts.I've always been unclear as to the real reason why Kennedy was killed, who benefited and who had or could have had the power to cover it up. Originally Posted by acp5762
What pristine bullet?
I know what you are talking about but just like every thing else about conspirator theory....that bullet was far from "Pristine".
Here is what happened

Three people wanted Kennedy dead. The first was Fidel Castro, because Kennedy had tried to have him killed. Sort of a tit for tat.
Sam Giancanno, Mafia Boss, because Kennedy had fucked his girlfriend Judith Exner, and because The Kennedys double crossed The Mob by sicking Bobby Kennedy on them after the Mob had delivered the necessary votes in Chicago to secure the win for Jack. In short, The Kennedys double crossed the,

Joe DiMaggio hated Kennedy for what he did to Marilyn Monroe. Since the Mob idolized Jolten Joe, this was even a more compelling reason to have The Kennedys punished.

So, The Mob got with Castro through their old Havana Connections, who through his Russian Connections found a shooter, and they were the ones who financed the entire operation and also were able to place Oswald in that prime location for the fatal shot.

In short, it wasn't about politics, it was personal. Kennedy fucked over the Mob after the election, fucked Sam Giancanna's girlfriend, and laid down the supreme insult to a man they idolized, Jow DiMaggio, and of course, tried to have Castro killed.

President or not, you can't fuck over that many people who have the will, and the means, to kill you.

Now, my tongue is planted firmly in my cheek as I write this, but think about it. Men have been killed for less. Originally Posted by Jackie S
All speculation. Not one shred of proof.
  • BJerk
  • 11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
As far as motive, Oswald wanted to be famous. His wife Marina wrote (it is her handwriting in Russian and she doesn't deny it to this day) "Hunter of Fascists Ha Ha Ha" on the famous backyard photo given to George De Mohrenschildt and also signed by LHO from 214 W. Neely Ave by the white stairs.
He considered General Walker a right wing fanatic (which he most certainly was) and used that same rifle and tried to assassinate him. While in New Orleans, he was on television defending Castro against anti-Castro Cubans. He was a nut who badly wanted to be famous and had the balls to give it a shot.
If you are ever in Oak Cliff, 214 W. Neely is right beside a tiny alleyway and you can ride by the old worn out wood frame house and see exactly where the photo was taken - it is all still standing - but looks like it is about to fall down!! If you are in a truck that is high enough off the ground, turn left off Neely St and you have the same viewpoint Marina Oswald had when she snapped the photo. That photo is such good evidence that Oliver Stone lied like a politician to discredit it.
...... father...... he was a Republican. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

See what happens when Republicans Forbidden topic, CC
  • CJ7
  • 11-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I guess I am just one of those people that just has to ask a lot of questions. I have even tried to place myself in Oswald's position. First of all, I certainly wouldn't want to be detected and I would want the very best equipment possible to do the job. So I have to honestly ask was the Manlicher Carano Rifle the best type of firearm during that era to do something like this, and furthermore would I leave my snipers nest and walk a short distance and hide in a movie theater just to be discovered a short time later, and be arrested for an unrelated crime. It just seems if Oswald was indeed the perpetrator he didn't have a good plan. Kennedy was shot at around 1230 or so.I would want to be in Miami by 2:00, at least out of Dallas. I guess I wonder cause Oswald is deceased and we'll never have his testimony. Originally Posted by acp5762

you know and I know the old rifle wasn't the most accurate long bore on the planet ... but it was scoped, and if the scope was dialed in, it was a capable killing machine

resting on a window ledge, working the bolt was just a matter mechanics, the crosshair barely had to move .

just sayin'
you know and I know the old rifle wasn't the most accurate long bore on the planet ... but it was scoped, and if the scope was dialed in, it was a capable killing machine

resting on a window ledge, working the bolt was just a matter mechanics, the crosshair barely had to move .

just sayin' Originally Posted by CJ7

Exactly.........and that's just what the dumbfuck had and that's what he knew would work.

It isnt rocket surgery.
See what happens when Republicans Forbidden topic, CC Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

You're irritating me....CC
Read the sticky thread

lol
You're truly a dipshit, your assholiness.
Once the so called "Magic Bullet" was proven to be possible, and I have seen several lab studies that duplicated it exactly, you've eliminated a second gunman. Everything else is just speculation. There is no other proof of another persons involvement.

Also read Gerald Posner's "Case Closed".

The Warren Report was not accurate...but it was close. Close enough. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I would’t call myself a conspiracy theorist, but there is a large problem with the “magic bullet” and the problem comes from the testimony of Dr. Robert Shaw at the House Select Committee on Assassinations. Dr. Shaw was the thoracic surgeon who operated on Governor Connally’s back and chest. He was the chief thoracic in France during World War II where he operated on thousands of gunshot wounds to the back and chest, so his expertise cannot be questioned. He testified under oath that it wasn’t possible for the bullet that entered Governor’s Connally’s back to have previously struck another object.