Educated Providers

I searched my computers and I can't find it. I have another computer but it went belly up.
I find an intelligent woman with an inquisitive mind more attractive sexually, and am motivated even more to provide her with pleasure.
And TntAngie and ScarletteC, you sound like a tremendous ladies-wish I was about 750 to 1000 miles more to the southwest!
I have a Bachelor's in General/Health Science, and a Master's in Business Administration. I have recently decided to switch gears, go all out, and get my PH.D in Psychology.

I have no idea what the hell I was thinking going big! LOL!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard
I have my Bachelor of Science, Land Use, concentration on the environment and resources. Minor-Anthropology.

I'll be starting grad school next spring to obtain a Masters, Environmental Science. Super stoked!

Bravo to all you ladies who especially have multiple bachelors and especially those of you going into grad school.

I'm choosing not to go that route, as I am just feeling "done" with college after 6 years.

I know many grad programs, like for nursing, Heath care, and several of those programs want you to keep a high gpa or even a 4.0 to stay in their program.

I know how hard it was just for me to stay above a 3.0.
I have a Bachelor in Business and Marketing, I take a lot of audit and free online classes just because.
Congrats, Kitty! I wish you all the very best.

I have a GED. I would normally need a degree to do what I do, but I'm running the show, so I'm learning as I go. I've made it so I could save 5 years and a ton of money. More importantly, I love my work. But I'd say I'm sufficiently educated. I'm always learning.
If you want to learn, just buy a book. You can learn way more from a textbook than from some condescending professor, who thinks he knows everything. He doesn't, though. He might even teach you a few things wrong. Have you ever asked career advice from a professor? They will guide you down their own path, which is to stay in school forever. What a nightmare. Sometimes, I sincerely wish I never went to college. Actually, I just wish I had studied engineering. That would have been worth the bullshit. If you study science or psychology, you may never find a good job, and you may spend your whole life in school if you choose to pursue graduate studies. You could become what they call an eternal post doc. I'm going back to study engineering. I pretty much wasted six years of my life studying science.
Congrats on almost completing med school! Rn Im about to start school for my associates degree in liberal arts. Im thinking of just doing my basics & transferring my credits to a school that offers an associates degree in genelogy.
being educated is fine....it's a good thing to help get your foot in the door but the soft skills....that's what will ultimately employ and sustain you. I know so many highly educated yet unemployed folk.
being educated is fine....it's a good thing to help get your foot in the door but the soft skills....that's what will ultimately employ and sustain you. I know so many highly educated yet unemployed folk. Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel
Exactly. Thats why Im going for my basics rn.
If you want to learn, just buy a book. You can learn way more from a textbook than from some condescending professor, who thinks he knows everything. He doesn't, though. He might even teach you a few things wrong. Originally Posted by yitzchak
Right, because we all know that authors are never condescending or arrogant. And it is unthinkable that a book might contain an error. (Who do you think writes the textbooks?)
Most of the time, professors try to teach the textbook chapter by chapter, which makes them pretty useless. Why pay hundreds of dollars for someone to tell you what is written in a book that you can just read yourself? Why do you need to show up to class? Just read the textbook. If there is an error in the textbook, then the professor will most likely make the same error. However, it should be difficult to find errors in a textbook. They are reviewed and rewritten every year. If faulty information is given, it is most likely introduced by the professor. I've seen professors make mistakes. It's human nature. Most professors are very knowledgeable in the curriculum, but they usually suck at teaching. If there isn't a textbook, I won't even learn anything. That has been my experience. The majority of professors at a university are hired based on their ability to do research and attract funding, not on their ability to teach.
Be sure to buy the book used.

Most of the time, professors try to teach the textbook chapter by chapter, which makes them pretty useless. Why pay hundreds of dollars for someone to tell you what is written in a book that you can just read yourself? Why do you need to show up to class? Just read the textbook. If there is an error in the textbook, then the professor will most likely make the same error. However, it should be difficult to find errors in a textbook. They are reviewed and rewritten every year. If faulty information is given, it is most likely introduced by the professor. I've seen professors make mistakes. It's human nature. Most professors are very knowledgeable in the curriculum, but they usually suck at teaching. If there isn't a textbook, I won't even learn anything. That has been my experience. The majority of professors at a university are hired based on their ability to do research and attract funding, not on their ability to teach. Originally Posted by yitzchak
I have my BA in Physical Rehabilitation Therapy