Trump fading from the limelight.

• Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 07:41 PM
I laugh at anyone calling what happened at the WH an Insurrection!

Now what happened with the election is more like an insurrection or coup! Originally Posted by winn dixie
Agree with your first statement, disagree with your second. There may have been a deluded, bat-shit-crazy few who thought they were participating in an insurrection. Most were just part of a crowd that got carried away. What's the final tally, three protestors dead of natural causes and one shot dead? I think the policeman died of natural causes a couple of days later. Maybe you could call this the "Keystone Cops Insurrection." It was a farce.

That's not to say that many legislators and Mike Pence weren't scared shitless for a while. I wonder if he heard the crowd shouting "Hang Mike Pence from a Tree."
Agree with your first statement, disagree with your second. There may have been a deluded, bat-shit-crazy few who thought they were participating in an insurrection. Most were just part of a crowd that got carried away. What's the final tally, three protestors dead of natural causes and one shot dead? I think the policeman died of natural causes a couple of days later. Maybe you could call this the "Keystone Cops Insurrection." It was a farce.

That's not to say that many legislators and Mike Pence weren't scared shitless for a while. I wonder if he heard the crowd shouting "Hang Mike Pence from a Tree." Originally Posted by Tiny
total farce. The capital had over a month to prepare for it.
Trump was calling people to Washington for weeks.

They should have been better prepared.

Of course they would have been had Trump’s administration not pulled back the cops.

As far as carried away, well, I disagree with that. However, they, too, had weeks to prepare and likely were too dumb to pull it off.
I laugh at anyone calling what happened at the WH an Insurrection!

Now what happened with the election is more like an insurrection or coup! Originally Posted by winn dixie

What happened at the WH? Was no news about it
Trump was calling people to Washington for weeks.

They should have been better prepared.

Of course they would have been had Trump’s administration not pulled back the cops.

As far as carried away, well, I disagree with that. However, they, too, had weeks to prepare and likely were too dumb to pull it off. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
pulled back the cops? that's a lie

Trump calling people to Washington? Maybe. Depends on how you interpret "see you in Washington." It think most people took it as "I will remain the President so that's where I'll be."
pulled back the cops? that's a lie

Trump calling people to Washington? Maybe. Depends on how you interpret "see you in Washington." It think most people took it as "I will remain the President so that's where I'll be." Originally Posted by DTickler
That’s a lie. Trump said a lot more than “see you in Washington,” and you know it. Busted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN29B24S
That’s a lie. Trump said a lot more than “see you in Washington,” and you know it. Busted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN29B24S Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Of coarse he has said lots of things. It has seemed "see you in Washington" was the hardest for you all. He wanted a peaceful protest.
  • Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 09:40 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN29B24S Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
This was funny, from your link,

“Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 Election,” Trump, a Republican, tweeted on Dec. 20.

Either Trump's not too good with math or he's willing to say 1+1=3 if it benefits him or boosts his self esteem.
Of coarse he has said lots of things. It has seemed "see you in Washington" was the hardest for you all. He wanted a peaceful protest. Originally Posted by DTickler
Didn’t read the link, did you?

“Wild” generally doesn’t mean peaceful when you’re talking to a bunch of lunatics who are happy to celebrate America by defecating in the Capitol.

Here’s Trump’s protest.

Peaceful or “Wild,” like Trump promised?

• Tiny
  • 05-06-2021, 10:08 PM
Didn’t read the link, did you?

“Wild” generally doesn’t mean peaceful when you’re talking to a bunch of lunatics who are happy to celebrate America by defecating in the Capitol.

Here’s Trump’s protest.

Peaceful or “Wild,” like Trump promised?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I like Tickler's and my description better, a farce. This sort of thing happens on college campuses and in large cities all over the world. The difference was that in this instance it happened inside the meeting place of the greatest legislative bodies in the world. Defecating inside the Capitol, some bozo propping his feet up on the Speaker's desk, another bozo running around bare-chested in a coon skin cap, the political class cowering from the people, it all provided great entertainment.

For most of the participants, I believe this was a spur of the moment thing, with a few bad apples and nut cases mixed in. Trump probably figured the protest would stick to the street, and was hoping for a huge turnout of his supporters, bigger than however many turned out for Obama's first inauguration. That would have seriously stroked his massive ego. I don't think he ever anticipated this rag tag group of codgers would take over the government. Now would he have welcomed it if that had actually happened? Interesting to contemplate. My guess is no. I don't think he'd be willing to risk life and limb, the way a Hugo Chavez or Fidel Castro did. Or for that matter the way the founders of our country did. Trump in his heart of hearts is a businessman of dubious character, not a revolutionary.
Not a face, a con.

Not a businessman of dubious character but a snake oil salesman.

But I applaud your effort to remain someone objective in this forum.

Trump didn't cause the insurrection.

If you are bored with the current President like 99% of Americans then try to focus on the details of this Administration's spending for a good laugh. Originally Posted by DTickler
I don't want a president to entertain me with his pure stupidity on social media. That's kind of not his job. Like most, I simply prefer a president to do his fucking job and not to be an attention whore. I don't want to see that bullshit drama that Trump exudes.
Let's ask Liz Cheney if Donald Trump is fading away. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
skanky lizzy is fading away....
I don't want a president to entertain me with his pure stupidity on social media. That's kind of not his job. Like most, I simply prefer a president to do his fucking job and not to be an attention whore. I don't want to see that bullshit drama that Trump exudes. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

do you want a president who is purely stupid?