Dressing age appropriate for guys.

Nina, we have similar tastes.

One other comment. This metro-sexual look used to be called the European look with thin, tight jackets and pants. We Americans thought we were too burly for that look and our clothes tend to be looser and more comfortable. I have never been comfortable with tight suit jackets and have always preferred a two button style, English style that was tapered in the waist but with plenty of room for my American big shoulders. I also read that pleated pants are making a limited comeback with American designers, usually on the higher end of their lines. Enough of that metro-sexual look! Originally Posted by awl4knot
We seem to have. Love the Burberry coat. Well, I also like the taste you described, with the "looser" fit. I was not aware that metrosexual was called "eruopean look" in the USA. That`s interesting!

I love pleated pants, I wear them with my "suits" of course. Have they ever been out of style with men?

Also, I do like the "David Beckham" Look for casual.
We seem to have. Love the Burberry coat. Well, I also like the taste you described, with the "looser" fit. I was not aware that metrosexual was called "eruopean look" in the USA. That`s interesting!

I love pleated pants, I wear them with my "suits" of course. Have they ever been out of style with men?

Also, I do like the "David Beckham" Look for casual. Originally Posted by ninasastri
Well, I'm not sure we are using the same definitions. To me "metrosexual" is more of an attitude and approach to grooming and fashion than a particular look, but if I had to pick a metrosexual look it would emphasize form fitting clothes on a sleek, trim body.

The term "European look" harkens back to the 60's when European clothes became tight and body fitting. Think back to the suits the Beatles and other "mod" groups wore. This was in sharp contrast to how Americans were dressing, but if you look at the suits worn in "Madmen" you can see how narrow lapels and ties were in vogue.

This may destroy my fashion cred but my source on the comeback of pleats is the Wall Street Journal. Here is the article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...950796870.html