Jussie Smollett convicted of staging attack, lying to police

Sorry man, but the key is that second post after you start a thread. That keeps you at the top. You guys started a thread at pretty much the same time. WTF posted on TWK's thread and bumped it over your thread. You know folks in here don't have much of an attention span so the thread viewing Jussie battle pretty much ended before the war even got started.

In all seriousness, fuck that guy. As much time and money as they wasted on that that punk's bullshit, he deserves whatever he gets. Chicago is a great city, but I'm pretty sure they have some actual crimes there that those resources could have been utilized elsewhere; instead of wasting time trying to find assailants because of some bitch ass actor trying to get attention to take advantage of this woke environment that we live in now to help his fledgling career.

I still like his sister though. It's not her fault her sissy brother is a drama queen. haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

Keeps me at the top? The top of what?
I usually don’t watch Hannity, but tonight I am.

He went through the entire gamut of those who EMMEDIATLY jumped on the “Jussie Bandwagon” when he first came up with this ridiculous attempt to enhance his Hollywood star.

The most egregious was Robin Roberts. She literally flushed her respectability Right down the toilet with that “interview” she did with this lying piece of shit.

I hope the judge gives this lying turd the max. Originally Posted by Jackie S

And for those that didn't see that interview, sorry, love fest, after Smollett lied his ass off the entire interview, Robin Roberts with just the beginning of a tear forming said "beautiful Jussie, beautiful".

And the left has the balls to complain about Trump sycophants.
butt .. it's a peaceful movement.

BAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

butt in the words of recently fired and disgraced Chris Cuomo "who says protests have to be peaceful".
butt in the words of recently fired and disgraced Chris Cuomo "who says protests have to be peaceful". Originally Posted by HedonistForever

that's why he's fired and disgraced. did i mention andy had to resign?

wwmt?

What Would Mario Think?

BAHHHAAAAAAA
Keeps me at the top? The top of what? Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Come on now dude. I know you have a problem with understanding sarcasm, but do I really need to explain to you that when people post in a thread, that thread automatically jumps to the top of page 1?
Come on now dude, I know you have a problem with sarcasm, but do I really need to explain to you that when people post in a thread, that thread automatically jumps to the top of the page? Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

my threads and posts go to the top of the page. because all of youz want to see what TWK will say next

works every time

BAHHAAAHAA
^^^^Now that HF is called sarcasm. Because it made me smile, I've got to like TWK's post before he double likes it now. haha
^^^^Now that HF is called sarcasm. Because it made me smile, I've got to like TWK's post before he double likes it now. haha Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

i only "one liked" it. that's to keep you people guessing. never overplay the same trick

Jussie Smollett’s conviction for orchestrating and reporting a phony hate crime punctuates actor’s sudden downfall

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jury-begi...154200765.html

Jussie Smollett’s conviction for orchestrating and reporting a phony hate crime punctuates actor’s sudden downfall

Megan Crepeau, Chicago Tribune
Thu, December 9, 2021, 9:42 AM

Jussie Smollett’s star was rising fast three years ago, with his hit show “Empire” leading the ratings and providing him groundbreaking opportunities to portray a gay, Black entertainer in a country still struggling with issues of race and sexuality.

All that began crashing down in January 2019, when Smollett reported he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack on a frigid night in downtown Chicago, only to later be charged with making the whole thing up.

On Thursday, a Cook County jury completed Smollett’s downfall, convicting the actor on five out of six felony counts of disorderly conduct for lying to police about the purported attack, which prosecutors said was carried out by two brothers Smollett hired to do the job.

The jury’s guilty verdict, which was announced in Judge James Linn’s courtroom after more than nine hours of deliberation, marked a dramatic end to a story that has captivated Chicago and made worldwide headlines for years. Prosecutors said Smollett orchestrated the attack to boost himself with his show, which has since been canceled, and force its leaders to take his security concerns more seriously.

Smollett, surrounded by his attorneys, remained stoic as the forewoman read the verdict. Linn did not order Smollett into custody pending sentencing; his next court date was set for Jan. 27, at which time attorneys are expected to discuss scheduling matters.

Smollett was convicted of the five counts that alleged he lied to police on Jan. 29, 2019 — the day of the purported attack. The sixth count, on which Smollett was acquitted, alleged that he lied to Chicago Police Det. Robert Graves more than two weeks later, on Feb. 14.

Graves testified on the third day of Smollett’s trial that Smollett came in for an interview after Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo, whom Smollett is accused of recruiting to help carry out the hoax, were in custody.

Graves said he suspected Smollett of changing his story to describe his attackers as “pale-skinned” rather than white, and he quoted Smollett as saying his attackers could not be the Osundairos because they are “black as sin” — a line that Smollett, during his time on the witness stand, strenuously denied ever having said.

Abimbola Osundairo addressed the media shortly after the verdict was announced, but barely long enough to wish his brother luck in an overseas boxing match.

“Nigerian-American lives matter,” he said.

Special prosecutor Dan Webb told reporters after the verdict that Smollett’s charges, while low-level felonies, were “not insignificant.”

“For him to fake a hate crime, fake it and then cause the police department to spend enormous efforts … I thought it was serious criminal misconduct that needed to be approached and have a public trial about it,” Webb said.

And Smollett “compounded his wrongdoing” by lying to jurors during his time on the stand, Webb said, adding the actor had insulted jurors’ intelligence with his story and testimony.

Smollett faces up to three years in prison, though with no major prior criminal record it is far more likely he would receive a lighter sentence, including possible probation.

The allegedly phony racial and homophobic attack on the then-“Empire” actor led to one of the most momentous minor felony cases in Cook County history.

Under an international media spotlight, the case spiraled into a tangle of rumors and culture-war flashpoints, competing lawsuits, a special prosecutor’s investigation, and a political crisis for Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx.

But jurors were tasked with determining only one thing: Whether Smollett, in fact, staged the attack on himself, then lied to police about it.

The jury heard closing arguments Wednesday.

The jury first heard from special prosecutor Dan Webb, who said Smollett not only committed a crime by falsely reporting a hate crime, what he did was “just plain wrong” to denigrate something as serious as a hate crime.

Webb said it was particularly egregious for Smollett to make sure his plan “had words and symbols” emblematic of this country’s racist past — including a noose and the use of the N-word.

When Smollett’s attorney Nenye Uche addressed the panel, he said the prosecution’s case was riddled with “doubts” and built on the testimony of two brothers who are criminals and “certified liars.”

Uche also questioned why Smollett would instruct his attackers to wear pro-Trump hats and yell slogans like, “This is MAGA country!”

“He’s dumb enough to go into Obama’s city and pretend there’s Trump supporters running around with MAGA hats?” he said. “Give me a break.”

This is a developing story. Check back for details.

mcrepeau@chicagotribune.com
jmeisner@chicagotribune.com
... Trump should sue the bloke... For a HATE CRIME
against MAGA Trump Supporters.

### Salty

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

I think he has more important legal matters to be losing sleep over. He may be able to find a lawyer off of a cab or bus that will take the bait for publicity, but like most (all) of his lawsuits it will fail.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
He’ll lose again.

But indeed, most of the country would probably support him.
Smollett, not Trumpleforeskin.
He’ll lose again.

But indeed, most of the country would probably support him.
Smollett, not Trumpleforeskin. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... Maybe we'll get to find out!

... But come to mention - it surely shows us a lot about
YOUR lack of honesty that you'd support Smollett
after he FAKED a "hate crime"...

Surely must be why you support the government officials
who LIED about "Trump/Russia collusion"...

Aint no surprise.

#### Salty
Come on now dude. I know you have a problem with understanding sarcasm, but do I really need to explain to you that when people post in a thread, that thread automatically jumps to the top of page 1? Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

The Senior moments seem to be coming more frequently these days.
In case you were wondering what Black Lives Matter had to say about they verdict

Black Lives Matter is backing Jussie Smollett — who’s on trial for allegedly staging a hate crime attack — because “we can never believe the police,” a founder of the movement said in a statement.

“As abolitionists, we approach situations of injustice with love and align ourselves with our community,” Dr. Melina Abdullah, director of BLM Grassroots and co-founder of BLM Los Angeles, said in a Tuesday statement.

“In an abolitionist society, this trial would not be taking place, and our communities would not have to fight and suffer to prove our worth,” Abdullah said.

“In our commitment to abolition, we can never believe police, especially the Chicago Police Department (CPD) over Jussie Smollett, a Black man who has been courageously present, visible, and vocal in the struggle for Black freedom,” the statement continued.

Translation.... Black people can no longer be prosecuted in American because we can't believe the police or the jury system. Nice huh? America is now beginning to see that this is what they voted for and are mostly rejecting it including the sane Black people which I want to believe are still the majority of Black people.