I want MY thread reopened

So when I went private for a clarification and you sent me a false, sarcastic reply...that was being respectful? Physician, heal thyself.

Someone else can issue the points here. I’d advise y’all to keep the discussion civil in the future.

#3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner. Originally Posted by Wakeup
  • WTF
  • 10-28-2018, 04:01 PM
So when I went private for a clarification and you sent me a false, sarcastic reply...that was being respectful? Physician, heal thyself.
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Barleycorn....ever time you post you get away with calling posters in this forum Taliban....very disrespectful imho.

You should again inho be asked to change out your sig line. It makes no sense to me that one can not insult another poster via posting but can with each and every post per their sig line.

Waco should be ask also.
You should have just pointed them for being disrespectful... Originally Posted by WTF
As I’ve already said...twice...I cannot do that...

So when I went private for a clarification and you sent me a false, sarcastic reply...that was being respectful? Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
“If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.”

In private conversations with Staff members, the Staff members are under no compunction to reply in a civil or respectful manner. They are free to reply in any manner they choose.
So you admit to breach of decorum. I think you should find someone else to do the job.
  • WTF
  • 10-28-2018, 05:00 PM
As I’ve already said...twice...I cannot do that...

Originally Posted by Wakeup
I'm not trying to be argumentative but , and you can correct me if I'm wrong, you said Moderators were not encouraged to do that. Which is not the same as prohibited from doing so , or that there is a rule from Moderators from doing so.

So it was my belief that you could but you chose not to.

I readily admit I could have misinterpreted your prior post just like the other moderator misinterpreted mine not that he will admit doing so!
  • WTF
  • 10-28-2018, 05:07 PM
So you admit to breach of decorum. I think you should find someone else to do the job. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
He did not admit to that, he just said the staff could if they so chose.

A misread on your part JD, no big deal.

I had a Mod do it with one of my post earlier
Now everyone is thin skinned and offended by everything.
Now everyone is thin skinned and offended by everything. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama

everyone is offended by everything or so the media would have you believe.
everyone is offended by everything or so the media would have you believe. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I'm talking About this forum.
Now everyone is thin skinned and offended by everything. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
It's partly due to the new rules. Feigning offense is now a deliberate tactic to get others pointed and/or banned.
  • WTF
  • 10-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Feigning offense is now a deliberate tactic to get others pointed and/or banned. Originally Posted by lustylad
Are you offended they will not reopen Barkley's thread?
It's partly due to the new rules. Feigning offense is now a deliberate tactic to get others pointed and/or banned. Originally Posted by lustylad
that's been a dim tactic for a long time

It's partly due to the new rules. Feigning offense is now a deliberate tactic to get others pointed and/or banned. Originally Posted by lustylad
“Feigning offense” is just as useful as “feigning ignorance” when it comes to the enforcement of the guidelines here...both mean jack shit...
  • WTF
  • 10-29-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Ellen, glad to see ya! Would you please explain to the new Moderator that this was a post from you to me and was in no manner meant to tell wu to Fuck off.

Somehow the new Mod wu called in for backup has gotten it stuck into his head that I posted that to disrespect wu .

It was for clarity , I can't see how that is pointable?