Most Miserable Cities

OSD, I expect a full retraction of your post and an apology to board members for posting such shoddy "research" and trying to pass it off as fact. Originally Posted by drluv1
I never said it was fact. And I disagree with some of it.

for me many libs I know are ok. but all the miserable folks I know are libs

kinda like that not all muslin's are the enemy,
but most of are enemy's seem to be muslin.
I never said it was fact. And I disagree with some of it.

for me many libs I know are ok. but all the miserable folks I know are libs

kinda like that not all muslin's are the enemy,
but most of are enemy's seem to be muslin. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Are you trying to backtrack from your post now? or are you playing semantics games? Your original post makes no comment, now your qualifying things after some very simple research shows the article in your post to be complete BS. Why didn't you make your qualifying comments in your original post? The fact that you didn't makes me believe that you were posting it as fact.
It's funny, BY FAR, The conservative people I know are more miserable. But they do have enough free time on their hands to watch people in the supermarket pay for their steaks with foodstamps and drive away in their cadillacs.
Are you trying to backtrack from your post now? nope or are you playing semantics games? nope Your original post makes no comment, now your qualifying things after some very simple research shows the article in your post to be complete BS. Why didn't you make your qualifying comments in your original post? popcorn sales The fact that you didn't makes me believe that you were posting it as fact. never assume
It's funny, BY FAR, The conservative people I know are more miserable. I be happy, ya want to buy some popcorn But they do have enough free time on their hands to watch people in the supermarket pay for their steaks with foodstamps and drive away in their cadillacs. I like the ride of a pickup truck better, Originally Posted by drluv1
eh
It might be difficult to ascertain who are "happier", but I am willing to believe that, when life is tough-going, those with strong but simplistic political views (think Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street) may find their daily grind more tolerable because they see things as more black-and-white and they think they can easily identify culprits that are to be blamed for their problems.
  • GP
  • 02-24-2013, 01:09 PM
It might be difficult to ascertain who are "happier", but I am willing to believe that, when life is tough-going, those with strong but simplistic political views (think Tea Party or Occupy Wall Street) may find their daily grind more tolerable because they see things as more black-and-white and they think they can easily identify culprits that are to be blamed for their problems. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Tea Party?????? Occupy Wall Street??????

Tea Party is a attempt to take back the Republican Party
at most rally's the area was cleaner after leaving than was before they got there
peaceful and had permits
most have jobs

Occupy Wall Street mmmmm I have no idea what it was about
but
most no job, never a permit, high crime at, shit where they sleep
all seemed angry and in misery to me.
funny

but something about conservatives keeps being said in that and other links in this thread I posted. "ingreant"

change my search

Are Liberals More Educated Than Conservatives? | Reflections of a ...

reflectionsofarationalrepublic an.com/.../are-liberals-more-educated-th...
Jan 14, 2012 – Therefore, the ignorant and benighted conservative voter should just .... I don't think most liberals are motivated by paternalism than a desire to ...

disclaimer ahhhhh
permit

no permit

wish I had better luck finding pic's of area used just before and just after.

But I know I went and looked at both sites before and after

tea:
it was cleaner after

occupy:
litter every where, human shit piles, etc.
I didn't bother with the articles or videos, but I find it easy to understand why conservatives would be more happy when I consider a quote from PG Wodehouse, which I paraphrase: do you want to give a shit, or do you want to be happy?

Of course it isn't that simple, most liberals don't really give a shit either
[QUOTE=jackfengshui;1052408554]I started this thread with the (nieve) hope that we can stay out of petty ideology for a change.

GP, I forgot that you are always joking when you take pot shots. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
apples and oranges, one mans "nieve" is another mans "joking"
permit

no permit

wish I had better luck finding pic's of area used just before and just after.

But I know I went and looked at both sites before and after

tea:
it was cleaner after

occupy:
litter every where, human shit piles, etc. Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
Well, I guess that settles it. Your research and methodology is above reproach..... wait a minute ........
As I watched and read the news accounts of the recent breakdown of the Occupy camps in New York and Los Angeles, I couldn't help but recall a little sticker I kept on my bookcase for years - a memento of a Grateful Dead weekend in 1987 that read - "Deadheads Leave Only Footprints". For that event, some 15,000 Deadheads descended on Telluride Colorado, population (at the time), less than 1,000. Locals marveled when the horde migrated on to the next venue after a week that they left the landscape nearly as pristine as when they arrived, and in some cases, cleaner.

In the ultra progressive and liberal world caring for the environmentis a top priority. I don't supposed you spent a lot of time "on tour" as we used to say, but was a common occurance for concert goers to clean up the parking lot, even at big venues like Rich stadium. Crazyass freaks would be walking through the parking lot with extra garbage bags recruiting and encouraging others to join the cleanup. Once again some simple research refutes your point. By the way, the amount of "trouble" at a DEAD show was typically way less than at a football game played at the same venue.
I was at the NOLA Jazz Fest and found the aftermath revolting. Despite ample refuse facilities, the place was a sty. That may not be a dead concert, but I feel it's a similar crowd. If anything, the difference is 1987 Americans vs. 2010 Americans. Otherwise, I think this cleanliness argument is off topic and hard to quantify with ideology.
Once again some simple research refutes your point. Originally Posted by drluv1
what simple research????
went to down town Rochester Washington sq park after the occupy was gone. Officer let me take a look with my flash lite. they shit on the park. Office says disgusting ain't it, you have to go now.

Conservatives, Unlike Liberals, Keep Mall Clean After Rally — The ...